Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

The next expansion shouldve been in the works for a while now. If they have to review it, that doesnt bode well at all.
    Dibab likes this.
  2. Tharkis Princess

That's not my title! My title is in my sig line The Fabled Tharkis the Paragon , Legend of Norrath !

I'm not even supposed to be a kitty. In fact... it's Holly's fault that I'm a kitty now, albeit indirectly, it started with a beta raid with her in the theater of blood when she was still known as Vahlar !
    Yinla and Lisandra like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

Reversing all the exp nurfs that occured when TBS launched would go a long way to restoring the fun factor in EQ.
    Diptera, Elricvonclief, Sinsu and 2 others like this.
  4. Skeeter Elder

To be fair, it does sound very tentative and there is nothing definite at all in the words. Usually, when you're trying to reassure a player base, you use words like "Yes, an expansion is coming" - You don't use corporate and formal speak. All that does is bring up even more questions and guesses, along with more worry.

Either get to the point and tell us what we want to hear or say nothing at all.
  5. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Sorry, with the way its been around here lately, reading in to it has actually proven more accurate then the actual words.

I'll just point to Linda's post last week of "don't panic, its daybreak not sunset, etc" before she was let go.

Fortune 400 company for 20 years..experience counts for something else besides moving the bar. :p
  6. Tharkis Princess

A little civility goes a long way. I'm sure they're telling us all that they can right now, and I'm sure that they dont know all the answers either. This is just as hard a time for them as it is for us, so there's no need to get snarky and to be offensive.

Far more people would rather hear something, even ill-defined or vague, than nothing at all.

Vahlar / Windstalker was long known as "the lore lady" around EQ, and has a lot of experience both with EQ1 and EQ2, so give her a chance to get settled into her new role and iron out the details before jumping down her throat... jeeze!
    moogs, Yinla, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  7. Crystilla Augur

If she didn't want to do some assurances, she could have bypassed the entire word expansion. She can't give what she doesn't know - remember, almost no one knew who was or wasn't going to be around prior to Wednesday ... therefore no way to actually plan ahead. Right now some folks are setting into new roles, some are figuring out where everything stands (what has and has not been done) especially with the workload of those who have left.

On a personal observation, I do find it potentially telling that EQ and EQII have been split apart from EQN/LM now in the management hierarchy. Time will show us what that means for us in both original worlds.
    Roxxanna, Lisandra, Baeddon and 2 others like this.
  8. Zarie New Member

Interesting.

Anyway had to get online to see that two old friends sharing thoughts!! Nice

Be well Holly Longdale in your new job.

Zarie
    Originally Rodcet Nife, Merged with Quellious and then Povar!
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Pyrotec New Member

10. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

I'll sum up my opinion of our future. Jaded, Cynical and Skeptical.

Dont want to come across as uncivil.
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Skeeter Elder

Being vague and ill-defined to a worried player base is the exact opposite of what you want to do. Why make a worried player base worry even more for? Why bring up even more questions? All you're honestly doing is stoking the fire by being vague and ill-defined.
    Sinsu, Geroblue and RangerDanger#1 like this.
  12. Baeddon Elder

It would make me happy if they did even better and split EQ from EQ2. Or just shut down EQ2 entirely. I've said previously I believe EQNext will fragment the Daybreak playerbase so much that many things will become broken, including EQNext.

But as for everyone else being negative... get over yourselves. You complain about how the old way of doing things was terrible and they never listened to the players. And then when changes happen, you complain that the old way is gone. You can't have it both ways.

+1 for undoing XP changes. Also, xpac drops instead of xpac drips. Don't ever do that again. :)
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  13. Skeeter Elder

You say this like the players themselves sold the company and are now speaking out of both sides of their mouth after the transaction went down.

Its one thing to sell and have immediate hope and direction, but its another thing entirely when you sell and a huge dark cloud of uncertainty forms over everything (which is exactly what is happening right now)

It seems to me, that no clear cut direction was discussed before this entire sale went down and it was all done on a whim. Everything seems to be in chaos and limbo right now. Talk about being unorganized.

So excuse those of us that are very skeptical and have a hard time trusting any "management/PR" types right now.
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Coas Lorekeeper

Honestly, I hope they don't make another expansion. I hope they pull the plug on eq while there is still a shred of dignity left in the game. Don't continue dragging it out like a horrible sequel to an originally amazing movie just to get every last dime out of their customers that they can. The past several expansions have been utter embarrassments and were completely disappointing. Back when eq was legit during the gates of discord, shadows of luclin and planes of power days, there were upwards of 25+ zones per expansion and a dozen raiding zones. Call of the forsaken: six zones. The darkened sea: ONE raid zone. Pathetic. Just pull the plug.
    Wayylon and Skeeter like this.
  15. Baeddon Elder

Excellent. We have an insider and an expert. I was afraid there weren't going to be any at this party. Would you like to add more non-sequiturs to your list?
    Mayfaire and Lisandra like this.
  16. Skeeter Elder

You ignore my reply (which is extremely valid given what is going on right now) and reply with this? I guess some of you can only look at things through rose colored glasses when it comes to EQ1.
    Geroblue and RangerDanger#1 like this.
  17. Benzarden Augur

Your glasses are covered in fecal matter. Since this is a game we play to have fun, I'll take the rose colored any day.
    Mintalie, Truklin, Mayfaire and 3 others like this.
  18. Skeeter Elder

Leave poop out of this :( Yousonasty
  19. Darzag Elder

I played EQ1 for several hours yesterday and again today. AND...I had a great time. To me the game is just as much fun as ever. I am not a Timmy Power Gamer and don't always have to be at the end game with the best gear. Maybe some of you complainers should try to find more to enjoy in the game, It is there to be had. I too would like to have the XP nerf reversed, but I don't lay awake nights crying about it. If the game ends, I will still have had a great experience and many good memories. The game's biggest problem right now is everyone has a "wait and see attitude"...including me. No one is going to spend money on EQ1 until they see a positive change. This will create the problem that the lay offs were trying to solve...profitability. So it is kind of a lose, lose situation all around. Here's hoping that EQ1 survives this uphevel. I really would hate to have to go back to WOW.
    Safe journeys and I hope to see you in game.
    LS_Xegony_Dru and Lisandra like this.
  20. Skeeter Elder

Mercy killing eh?