How long does it take your class to kill something?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Uxtalzon, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Noobieguy Augur

I would like to see somewhere 6 necros can get enough mobs to kill in an area small enough that everyone gets EXP.. Have done it with another 2 necros ok, but was running out of mobs. Don't think there is an area where there are enough non summoning mobs so that there are always mobs dying, and that everyone in the group would get EXP.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Piestro not giving good everquest advice, imagine that....

Seriously though, OP, if you are working on quests why does it really matter? Kill as you can and get it done.

If you are trying to grind experience solo, the question is why in the world would you go there to do so? Go to feerrot and feast on undead. If you can borrow someone's cleric to put shining armor on you, so much the better (I was getting 30% in level 97 off one lesson there).
  3. Piestro Augur

I wouldn't advocate 6 necros, that's overkill and imbalanced. I would advocate a more balanced approach, including someone who was pulling. The core point remains the same, and is true. You get better exp in good groups than solo.
  4. Spinstun Journeyman

Would you mind taking my final for differential equations because Honestly i have not found it fun but if you do then i would let you get me an A!
  5. silku Augur

Strange to see a game design in which 6 of any class would be considered 'imbalanced.' Can't imagine anyone ever saying that about 6 warriors, or 6 enchanters. (Though 6 charmed mobs would be insane dps, it'd also be much death if 2 or more broke charm at the same time.)
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

Err, trash. I can't kill named. I've tried killing the Crystal Lurker in CC, and I blew every skill and disc I had. My merc and I died with no mana left at all. Mob had around ~20% HP left.
    Because it's frustrating that a kill task asks for 7 mobs when it takes me an hour to kill that many, due to prolonged fights and downtimes from extreme mana consumption. I just wanted to know if other tank classes share the same annoyance.

Glad Disruptive Persecution got an upgrade... but it's level 100 to do so. Lame. :confused: Was looking forward to that.
  7. Tronin Evenshade New Member

As a warrior I am aware that paladins usually get the rough end of the stick on dps with anything other than undead. But I thought my 22 minute EPIC fight with General Horlan for the Sweet taste of revenge quest in East Wastes deserved a post. He casts Protection of the Tundra on himself repeatedly during the whole fight. I used http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=102474 as my weapon. For discs I used furious once, fellstrike twice, and Brutal Onslaught twice along with about every other damage aa/disc that I could possibly find. I currently have 6530 aa's for anybody that is wondering so I am not horrible or uber. All in all I am just glad my mercs mana lasted that long... what a pita.
    I timed the fight by my Lizard plated girdle buff which lasts 24 minutes with warrior extension aa's maxed and I re-clicked all my clickies before I started.
  8. Kyoya Geohound New Member

As a paladin with over 9.7k AAs, merc cleric, crafted weapon and a full set of HoT raid gear given to me by Fuvi it takes me around 3 minutes to kill a yellow con that isn't undead at level 98.
    I tend to hit about 8k crits at best without discs or valorous rage. With valorous rage I can hit as hard as 46k and my best slay is for over 227k.
  9. shiftie Augur

a slay for that value is a righteous proc which can only be done once every 18-20 minutes it is far from the norm.
  10. Sizlar New Member

I think u are probably doing ok or as expected as a Paladin trying to solo. A merc helps but I would definitely recommend grouping.

Sadly Game class balance has been non existent now for a while. Some classes can molo/solo mobs and some can't. They have eliminated many of the game mechanics that used to prevent that or have added abilities that negate the mobs reactions that used to counter the imbalances (ie used to be that a caster attacking a named solo would immediately be summoned and splatted). Now the survivability Aas and gear improvements allow them to successfully solo.

If you try to compare your Paladin to other classes you will just be beating yourself up. Play your class best you can and judge your progress by your fun, not by the progress of those around you.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Nagalie New Member

give me a break,
    Our guilds necros and mages are all out in evantl oak gettings 1000's of AA's while us warriors sit in the guild lobby trying to get a group, maybe hoping these mages and necros will invite us along but usually were not needed as the pets they have tank better then we do. Now i know why warriors are so terrible!
    Tegila likes this.
  12. Razzak Elder

wait....what happened to "parity" o_O How can some things be written off as needing to be done for parity reasons while other things get written off for being a strength of character class. Lol...just LOL