Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Edrick Augur

It's very easy for new owners of a company to walk into the previous employee of the month's office and tell him to pack up his things, as he's no longer needed.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm basically they just added all those other games to what we were already paying for Everquest. I don't play them either but we didn't lose anything when it happened.
    Bangzoom and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. Fogbust Journeyman

Good.
    There was still a small (but loud and annoying) amount of people who sugar talked the current state & development of their games, while everyone else was getting bored to tears.
    It can only get better, if it doesn't no big loss for me.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

When we transitioned to All Access memberships, the price didn't go up. While you have the option of taking advantage of membership benefit in all of our games, you're not paying more to play EverQuest.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Jordis Augur

Since Houses are a big project in EQ for me, what's going to happen with the items created by Player's Studio? Sell that too?
  6. Edrick Augur

Are the developers and coders continuing to work on the next expansion?
  7. Jordis Augur

Odd, it seems to me that I went from $9.95 a month to $15 and there not having been a choice.
  8. Jordis Augur

And another question...what about the LoN game and cards that give so many perks to people that play EQ? I wouldn't mind seeing that go away since I don't play LoN, just not good at sorting cards and keeping them all straight.
  9. Edrick Augur

Just because you aren't good at something doesn't mean it should go away.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Gythlen like this.
  10. Fenudir Augur

Let's not kid ourselves, Roshen. You just got bought out by a firm who's primary purpose to to maximize profitability on their investment. If EQ can't be migrated to as many platforms as possible - and considering the age of the code I doubt it can - and turned into a money grab (just look at what happened to Cryptic's design system after Perfect World took them over) then it's gone. You know it, I know it, and anyone with more than three brain cells knows it.

I've been around EQ a long time and I certainly hope that this change in ownership brings much needed changes to the game that will be positives (say, new character models) but, sadly, I lived the corporate world for far too long and have grown very skeptical.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes. As stated in the original post, "all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation."
  12. Melanippe Augur

Except that we do not know what their "current path of development and operation" is so the above statement actually says nothing. Newspeak at its finest. :(
    Sancus, Sheex and Fenudir like this.
  13. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Is EQ about to gain another 10 dev's for content/upgrades?

If not that then how was this a good move?

Because atm this is not good dude. not good at all.
  14. Reviled Elder

This is giving me flashbacks to last year when the company I worked for closed our business unit after not seeing the expected return for buying us out a few years back... Not a good feeling. Worked out well for me in the end, but not for many of my friends/co-workers.:oops:
  15. Beebles New Member

"Okay, the rumors are flying out there. I heard that at the last station Robinson bought, they eliminated half and half and made everybody eat cold cuts"
    Xanadas likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

NightClerk and gnomeboss like this.
  17. Nolrog Augur

Sony was losing a ton of money. They expect to report a loss of 230 billion yen (about 2 billion dollars) in the just closed quarter.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hasn't been 9.95 a month for EQ in a long time and well before there was All access. You only got a monthly amount like that by getting a 2 year subscription I believe.
  19. Edrick Augur

Thanks for the reply. I hope you understand the apprehension many of us are feeling right now.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Until they don't. *sighs*
    complexication likes this.