Bored Again, so thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Feb 1, 2015.

1. silku Augur

If you had a Paladin + Cleric + Enchanter + Wizard + Ranger... what class would you add to the mix?
  2. Kongfoo Elder

Either wizard or mage
    Sancus and silku like this.
  3. Fogbust Journeyman

None, social interaction keeps this game alive.
    I would look at doing old raids with a couple of friends (or just others interested), see what fights we can manage now with very small numbers. Things like that, oh and boxing almost made me quit Eq much earlier.
    Dibab likes this.
  4. Fenudir Augur

Agreed. Wizard or mage.
  5. Sancus Augur

6. Ravengloome Augur

Beast lord.

Paragon, Group Bestial Allignment, Ruabri's Fury, Fero, Focused Paragon

And goodish AE DPS (Clamor/Roar) for grinding (not as good as a mage, but the amount of ADPS the beast lord will add to the Paladin/Ranger/Cleric [if they are meleeing] would probably outweigh the loss)

My fellowship group was exactly that (Pal/Cler/Chant/Wiz/Ranger/Beast) last year and it was pretty fun.
  7. CrimsonDeath New Member

On my server there is literally NO groups looking for more. I was forced to box through TDS progression...but I am glad I did because I learned alot from that experience. I had fun, and that's all that matters to me.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

Boxing isn't why people don't group with you fog. Boxing has no effect on other players. Maybe you should go make some friends
  9. silku Augur

The reason you quit this game has nothing to do with me, or boxing. People will group with you if they like you, regardless of their boxes. For that matter, there are three of us. We box when no one else wants to group (which is often.) I didn't start boxing until I had no choice to get things done. I definitely am not going to stand around waiting for someone to log in to do something, just so that someone whose gonna quit can blame it on me.
    Harabakc likes this.
  10. guado Augur

Any true fan of EverQuest, and that's in the raid game or group game, understands that boxing exists. Boxing does not have a negative impact overall on EQ. How many box crews of 4-6 toons do you see with the Hero's Forge feature? The answer is a lot. Over 50%.

Explain to us how that's detrimental to EQ?
  11. lancelove Augur

To get back on the subject I would pick a rogue with that group for the added dps. If yer pally is tanking you probably want the mobs to die a little faster.
  12. Fogbust Journeyman

No reason to be , i should have been more specific...
    me boxing almost made myself quit. Not others.
    The feeling of not playing social anymore, all i wanted to say is that i would look into other things than adding more and more toons to nobody but myself.
    It's funny how aggressive people get when you say something negative about boxing.
  13. Crystilla Augur

I'd add mage over a 2nd wizard (just for the extra mana options, 2nd tank if something for some reason happened to the pally and for coth).
    silku likes this.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Coth will be your friend...believe me lol
    silku likes this.
  15. segap Augur

He already has a paladin and ranger. A third mele is not an efficient way to box. Plus the enchanter adds much more to an added wizard or mage than to a rogue. Wizard would win for pure dps, mage for added utility.
    silku and Sancus like this.
  16. silku Augur

Been comparing the two: mage + wiz as boxes. The wiz is only 103, but his dps really outshines the mage. I'm sure I could do more on the mage if I wasn't boxing and could use rains, but as a chanter I avoid AE spells on my rotations. I do like the backup tank and CoH for moving people around, but it's also nice to see things simply disappear.
  17. Sancus Augur

Yeah, if Rains aren't an option I'd lean towards a Wizard. Without Rains, Mages are kinda crappy DPS-wise (with Rains it's a lot closer) and they use mana like there's no tomorrow.