Mage swarm pets....take off the timer or allow 3x pets per cast?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DarkMage, Jan 25, 2015.

1. DarkMage New Member

I would like to suggest that the Mage relentless servant pets have their timer:5 removed or have each cast allow 3x servants to be casted.

Mage are the powerful summoners. Necros can continue casting thier swarm skellies and have up to 15 pets constantly, and these swarm pets seem to be pretty strong too. Please consider removing the timer:5 on the Mage's Swarm pet, so they can cast multiple pets or just 3x the pet per cast.
  2. Brohg Augur

I suggest checking into just how much damage the two classes' swarm summons do relative to each other, you appear to be judging based on only the most superficial of impressions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  3. Sancus Augur

"These swarm pets seem to be pretty strong too" is not a numerical measure of strength. Our RS pets, and by extension our class, are tuned around the timer. Necros and their pets are tuned around not having a timer. There would be inevitable repercussions on RS pets' power if they didn't have the timer (or if it cast 3...). Considering this would likely make them either lower DPS or survive less on raids, I'd be wary of this change.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ha ha no.
  5. RPoo Augur

I actually watched a necro do this to take down a named in thulisaur one day. All it did was chain cast pets. Most boring thing ever to have witnessed. It was so boring that it made me mad lol
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. Serriah_Test Augur

Yep. I used to down the "oon" cyclopses in ethermere like that.
    Why tank it like chump with my SK when I can just cast 4 spells? :p
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

As a mage main (and several alt mages), the RS line of pets are already very powerful. I will not give a specific example, because then they might get nerfed.
  8. Sobeit Journeyman

The RS stay up quite a while with aa's and a shard, the necro skillies stay up for 18 seconds. If you do what DarkMage wants, you will could conceivably have 6 RS up for half the fight. Sounds like a round-about-way of asking for Necro nerf.
  9. DarkMage New Member

Ok, you guys are making very good points. Just wanted to know what others thought... Now how do i delete this thread lol?
  10. guado Augur

I think he just saw a necro solo a named with only using the swarm pets.
  11. Brosa Augur

Six Necros could swarm the world and rule over all.....that's based off of what I've seen one Necro do :p
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Kongfoo Elder

Until one AE kills all of their swarm pets.
  13. Lisandra Augur

While I find the idea of more swarm pets for mages intriguing (I'm a mage main with 4 mage boxes among my box army) Sancus is correct in that they would just nerf each one to make it less effective. Either add more mages as boxes or be happy with what we have for now.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Never ceases to amaze me how often people complain about (already) amazingly strong abilities.

You do realize that Nec soloing named via skeleton swarms isn't how most of them want to do it, right? Their standard pet is a good bit weaker than the mage's, so this is a tactic they're resorting to. Most mage's I know aren't having difficulty moloing down named the traditional way with their pet tanking.....
  15. Eanelder Augur

I wouldn't be opposed to alternating between 2 timers between Servants upgrades. This way we could summon our 2 most recent servant pets, where 1 would be from the current expac (lvl 105) and the other would be from the previous (lvl 100) and much weaker as a result. Recast timers and mana cost left unchanged.

Alternatively, having remote servant and regular servant on 2 different timers with recast timers and mana cost left unchanged. This of course would be much more powerful.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Siddar Augur

You guys do understand that mage swarms are a 12 second recast and necro swarms are 18 seconds?.

You would also be forced to cast swarm pets as 50% of your casts if you could cast two because 6 seconds of that 12 seconds will be taken up by cast time of swarms and the global recast delay?

lastly that even if timers were separated. They would likely cut pets HP and DPS of swarms in half. Leaving you doing roughly the same damage and tanking at almost double the mana cost and minus one of your 12 spell gems as well.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

So you wouldn't object, you wouldn't protest ... at overnight gaining an outlandish amount of power? Oh good, lemme pencil you right in for that, as long as it wouldn't upset you.
  18. Brohg Augur

lul
  19. Siddar Augur

Really add a real response are shut up. The point I made is very important about swarms. If you don't understand that mages have 30ish new spells every five levels and would be forced into a position of 50% of there casts being dedicated to two spells one of those being the prior version of the current one.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Brohg Augur

My real response is that literally everyone with a mana bar has 30ish new spells every five levels. Enchanters, druids, necros, shadowknights, shaman, clerics, paladins, bards all already use prior versions of current spells alongside the new ones. That's what you do when those spells are more powerful than other current spells. And oh EMM gee would prior servant spells be more powerful than other current spells. Choosing a huge power growth is not being "forced" - it's less forced even than being forced to cast Rain of Cutlasses over Rain of Scythes. There's no compulsion, you could be doodling around EQ Fickling & Bolting all day if you like (just not in my groups). That you would instead choose the option to employ a fabulously more powerful ability is not something to ... what, pity?

"lul" may be succinct, but it isn't un-real. It fairly sums up my opinion of this Br'er Rabbit bull about what you'd be forced to cast.