Pet Gear Issues after Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Rayzen Elder

Is anyone else having the issue that they cannot give their pets summoned pet gear? People were talking about this in General chat last night, and apparently I'm not the only person. The issue is though that some people are saying though that it's intended via the latest patch. Now I summoned my 104 earth Pet, and found all I could give him is swords. No mask, No Belt, No armor. out of curiousity, I gave him an elegant defiant BP I had on me, and he did take that.lol. Someone suggested that this was because he was pre-equipped with armor. I'm not an expert...this could be true. I did not think though that pets came pre geared. Like I said...I may be wrong. excuse me if I am. My necro pet however took a full set of gear/shrug. Please correct me If I'm wrong, or confirm that this is an unintended glitch from recent changes. It would be nice to have a GM weigh in on this and post some facts, for those of us who aren't coding experts:)
  2. silku Augur

You're a mage. Your pet is summoned with gear. If he already has a set he won't take it. A necro pet is summoned without gear. So he'll take one set, but not a second.
  3. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

GM doesn't need to weigh in nor could you really hope he/she would. However you might get a developer response but I wouldn't bank on that either since your asking questions about a subject that's been "Known" for a long time. We are not trying to trick you when we say Pets summoned with EM Focus are Summoned with a full set of the best pet gear they can have for there level. It's common knowledge and if you search the boards you find plenty of threads about it over the years.

The reason your pet accepted the Defiant BP was because it was better then the chest pets come with.

The reason you could give your pet gear it didn't need before was because your pet automatically destroyed anything it didn't need.

For a very long time Even with Em focus pets still didn't get summoned with Haste mask. A bug that was fixed a long time ago but one of the driving forces behind us pet class's begging (without success) to be able to see pet inventory. But that bug has been fixed.

So why this change vs thousands of other way more important fixs that need to be implemented? I have no idea. SOE's bug fix schedule is a mystery so mysterious even the people working for them have no idea why they do what they do.

So bottom line before patch. If you summoned a pet with EM (That's enhanced minion) focus your pet was summoned with a full set of the best mage summoned armor and haste mask it's level could use.

All it needed was wep's and a winning attitude.

After patch: Nothing has changed except you don't have to keep giving your pet gear it doesn't need and if you goof and give it something it doesn't need it will give it back instead of destroying it. So technically this is a good thing, not a bug or a problem.

Happy Hunting.
  4. Rayzen Elder

Thank you for the answers. My main is actually my Necro, but I have been playing my Mage for many years now. I did not realize that he came with gear already. I've been wasting a lot of time giving him full sets of gear over the years:( Egg in my face.lol TY again for the answers though. Judging by the chat in General channel, there are also a lot of other who don't know this either.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe the petition I sent last month about a pet eating a quest piece pushed them over the edge? Could have saved lots of customer service hours if they had done this a while ago.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Being able to see the pet inventory would be nice though.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Hiladdar Augur

I would like to see the gear that a pet has, as a non-editable window.
    Fenudir likes this.
  8. CoN Recruiter New Member

I have been having some trouble as a Necro with my pet giving me back gear. I only give him Mage summoned gear and sonce last patch some times he gives me back a ring other times he gives me bak a bracer. This does not happen all the time I would say probably 70% of it.
  9. Silv Augur

The pet will only accept one bracer. Mage armor packs come with one and the accessory pack comes with two. You have to pick which one you want to use (I'd imagine you want to go with the highest +Atk bracelet). That's why you'll still see the pet rejecting those items.
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  10. bearforce1 Lorekeeper

my shaman's pet wolf must have the strongest jaws around. ever since this last patch, when I give him a weapon, it now appears sticking straight out in front of him.
  11. SaderakhBertox Augur

[IMG]
    Spellfire, Lisandra and Silv like this.
  12. Silv Augur

I know it's a bug but I actually love the mouth-weapon wolf graphics. It's fairly entertaining and I can also tell who everyone is now based on the visible weapon graphic while they're illusioned.
  13. Zantor Augur

I noticed if I give my SK pet armor first, then he takes the bracer, if I give him the heirloom first, then he usually not take the bracer, so guessing some weird stacking issues there.
  14. Silv Augur

Already explained this... the pet will only equip one wrist item. You get a bracer in the armor and bracelets in the accessory pack. Pick one.
  15. playful0 Journeyman

ok so will not accept the armor it has from summoned , cool np saves me time. however why is it turning down looted armor like I gave it before? example hand it a queen mask from bixie. the one from saving jacyclen or what ever that bards name is. if I smith armor will it still accept it? or other looted armor?
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The only gear a mage pet does not have when summoned is weapons since there is a choice of which to use.
  17. playful0 Journeyman

yes but before if you gave him a higher ac item he equipped it, it was parseable. so why is he not takeing the mask? will he accept the other higher ac gear if I smith it?
  18. Sancus Augur

You're going to have to be more specific than "queen mask" (I can't find any gear with that name). That said, they do still accept items that have higher AC than the gear they're wearing.
  19. playful0 Journeyman

could it be they no longer accept no drops?
  20. Sancus Augur

They won't take no drop items.