TDS needs more weapons

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zigie, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Zigie Journeyman

As a BST class, I have not seen an expansion before that only had a single H2H weapon for raid loot. In the past there have always been matched sets of H2H and Blunt weapons for monks and BST to fight over the loot order of. This expansion has a single of each 1HB and H2H. Everyone monk-bst who uses single handed weapons is going to end up with this same combo. We need to have 2 fire proc and 2 vamp proc, one proc type of each on each weapon type so there would be 4 weapons total to choose from. I am worried gelid claw will suffer from losing a H2H weapon.
  2. Riou EQResource

CotF tier 2 is the same way unless your guild can win Plane of War
  3. Lifeshriek Augur

gelid claw works on 1hb now zigie..though yeah it would be nice to be able to have more proc variation, maybe weapons should have purity values so the ps you have in can control the proc type (Solteris style) /shrug
  4. Romance Augur

Yeah, Gelid claw was fixed sometime in HoF when with Fearbrand dropping from event 1, Glimpse, The Unseen.
  5. Savager Augur

I agree that there should be another h2h to use
    Romance likes this.
  6. Tullan New Member

I agree. Instead of having 4-5 total types of weapons we can use, we should have 4-5 of every 1hs, 1hb, 1hp, h2h, 2hs, ect. to choose from in each expansion. Its dumb having all the raiders run around with just about the same weapons. We don't even have a choice anymore with picking what type we want because the proc that's on it, let alone a higher dmg/higher delay, vs lower dmg/lower delay we want because there aren't enough. Give us choices back please. I think there is also only one 1hs also.
  7. Fenudir Augur

We could use weapons with a larger range of delays.
  8. Vlerg Augur

hum, really?

weapons are already rotting left and right in TDS raid, cause they are soo common.

maybe switch the monk/bst 2 hand blunt for another h2h...
  9. guado Augur

Part of the problem lies within the bad decision to make all weapon delays 22 (not counting mnk/bst and rog). The rationalization was something along the lines of "oh now you can choose a proc and graphic rather than a delay as well." Now, I don't play a melee class, but something seems off with that logic.
  10. Edrick Augur

that is putting it very politely
  11. Emphant Lorekeeper

For those of us who don't really play melee classes can you explain why this is such a bad idea?
  12. Red-Liner Journeyman

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the issue does seem similar to my own.

I have only really ever used cultural armour and weapons. Not the best, not the worst, but it's something I've always enjoyed.
    I am a very casual player, I own 3 accounts. I may play for 2-3 days at a time, then again I may not play for 2-3 weeks. So farming silks,ores, etc has generally been the way to go for me.

With TDS however, I have noticed a lack of weapon choice for my Beast.

The only recipes for August weapons are for Hand2Hand. Same weapon, too, infused and uninfused.

It seems very strange that the seven currently available 1HB, 2HB and 1HP weapons available for War, Rng, Rog, Brd don't have a tag for Bst.

I did petition some while back and this was the reply I got, hence I thought I would hijack this thread. Bad on my part, but easier than starting a new thread. ;)

My second petition....
    "Just had a patch, and was hoping to see beastlord august weapons. 1HBlunt, 1HPierce and 2HBlunt are not available. Also Druid August weapons are not available in 1HSlash, (scimitar) or 2HBlunt.
    I have raised this before. ticket number 141207-000354"

Their reply
    "Cultural weapons are generic crafted upgrades intended to supplement, not replace weapon drops from the expansion. This means that it is possible for any cultural set to not have everything you'd want, but there should be an upgrade there that can give you an edge in new content until you find a better drop.
    In the meantime, while we wait to see what comes, you may want to post your feedback directly to the forums for maximum visibility. Hopefully we will see a change soon but I'm afraid I do not have any ETA on when it may be at this time.
    Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything further. Thanks for being a patron of SOE and have a great day.

As GM Accapelo mentioned, at this time there are limited options for Druids and Beastlords. This is something the developers would need to address in the future if they choose to do so. I recommend posting your thoughts on this issue in our official forums. The developers read the posts and sometimes reply to them. "

So, as suggested by Accapelo I am posting this. Yes I have hijacked a thread, and I apologise.
    But the issue is similar, and if the developers do read the posts...........
  13. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Unfortunately we are seeing this sort of stuff everywhere in everquest. There simply isn't time or enough resources for the game to continue on like it should be or was expected. Devs, interns, code, money, whatever else are continually being funneled away from this game either permanently or temporarily at this games expense for stuff like h1z1, eq2, eqdisney, etc.

Hence all the debbie downer attitudes as of late, even more so then normal. And a lot of long time retirements or boxed accounts being shelved. People are upset with 2 tiny expansions in a row that still charge normal prices yet fail on some recent promises.
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Just to expand further.

Spells went from something people were excited about. You got your core stuff upgraded and awaited one or a few new spells to try out. Now your lucky to even get your core lines upgraded or working properly. And often get filler spells just so you have this many spells for this expansion, see necros getting Binding of Itkari at level 100 which is a downgrade to a spell they have had since like 1999. I do want to say I love the Briny click system, get a spell of a level and pick the one you want wherever you are. I also like that spells are to be hunted again I just think they swung a bit to rare in my opinion and the drop rate should be increased a bit more or as someone else mentioned spells offered as a reward for a zones completion.

AA still continue to be the big filler for most but even these as of late are less in number and more in cost rather than massive amounts to buy on their own. Lots miss when an expansion said they had hundreds of new AA's to purchase meaning you got lots of new stuff not upgrades to 20 things you had at a cost of hundreds of AA exclusively. Everyone seemingly continues to get core stuff upgraded but lots of new or expanded stuff is always turned down for various reasons that don't always jive up outside of no time to work on it or add it. I do want to say I love the IRC chats and that the community's feedback is often heard for many lines here. Hands down AA has been the best part of character development for the past 5 years or more.

Gear has become a joke to most. Its simply a excel file upgrade of stats compared to what you had. Its always been a chase game like this but it always had some flavor. Now about 70% of the game simply want tank gear and only use the other templates to fill in when they are cheap. There is zero excitement to be had here anymore. Weapons are just meh upgrades with no flavor as far as ratio, delays, procs what have you. You just get to pick the type slash, pierce, blunt for some classes and its all the same. At times you don't even want the most current weapon as its a downgrade. Clicks from the chest slot went from an exciting part of the game to boooooooooooooooring. You can be assured it will have the same timer as the past 7 years worth of clicks, it will fit exactly in some defined mold or it won't happen. I do want to say I love the parrot aug type quests and only wish there were more or it spanned the entire expansion more. I also love the rare drops ie new power sources and new all/all clickies from zones that at times add some nice flavor or utility to people it also keeps middle zones filled for longer.
  15. Quench New Member

Wow ..... any no speech prepared butt yah some more options would have been nice. The power source idea should be considered going forward that's a great idea.