Player Sourced Advertising for Everquest.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Roxxanna Augur

My guild averages about 6 new recruits a week, and 2 of those are NEW to the game, 2 returnees, and 2 guild switches, those are averages, but it's consistent, not all stay, but ALOT do.We have grown 10 fold over the last year, so clearly there is a market. I consider myself a new payer, since I only played a couple of months back in 02. The graphics are dated, it's daunting, and quite frustrating without help. Who cares. It's not about the game anymore, it's about the people, and my goal is to get as many as I can to enjoy the ride for what it has become. I'd hazard a guess at the payer age base being around 40, 90% of us in Eternal are, and that puts us smack in the ZORK era. Graphics aren't nearly as important as immersion into a world, and EQ still has it, these people are like family, and I can't wait every day till I get home to sign on. If I could make a youtube video for EQ advertisement, it would be Roxxie, played by Bianca Beauchamp, dressed in her glittering plate, and using her beloved hammer to smash the crap out the computer those EQ bashing youtube whine bags were using to diss EQ, and after they were done peeing themselves, she tell them to go back to playing kid games. The potential is there, but Sony moved on, like I said before, it's up to us.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Fogbust Journeyman

Well i don't disagree.
    The potential has always been there, or i would not be here writing this after having stopped playing.

The graphics are only a problem for attracting new, younger players.
    Heck i still play stuff like The last Ninja for the C64 sometimes, i don't care.

But SOE need money, no matter where it comes from.
    More people leave the game than new players can make up for, if the expansions are not good.
    That's why what you are doing is great, but only a small part of what needs to be done by Sony.

As long as you don't get burned out, it's all good...but don't be disappointed if it's not enough, in the real world this whole franchise is in deep trouble because the company is.
    I don't need to tell you about the figures they make, or should i say not make.

(Youtube crap doesn't matter, 90% of those videos are worthless anyway)
  3. Iila Augur

From the Twitter sidebar:
    Looks like they're still putting some effort into advertising for EQ. The links are for EQ1 and TDS, not the other parts of the EQ franchise.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Its nice to see the game is still getting some advertising.
  5. Nickster86 Elder

[quote="Goth, post: 3162989, member: 1353]

The youtube video of newbie player dogging EQ has a lot of reasons why new outsiders will have little to no interest in EQ.[/quote]
    Can someone please post a link of this video? Am having a very hard time finding it
  6. Hiladdar Augur

Regarding F2P accounts, one way to help them integrate into the server community is to allow them see the general channels, but allow only gold accounts post in there.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure what newbie player dogging is but it's probably a good thing it's hard to find :)
  8. Gnar Augur

Was the female elf ranger in the video crosseyed?
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If possible that would be a great idea.
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's a good idea.
    The great idea would be for anything that was available to a Silver account - be made available with "unlockers" via SC. ( General chat, Merc tiers, Rk II spells etc etc.)
    Cutting any n00bs off from General Chat in any way = a bad idea.

-Rat
    Lisandra likes this.