Latest Patch (21Jan): Charm Pets & Summoned Gear

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Silv, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

So by now I'm sure people saw that pets will "return" items to you if they can't/won't use them. Example: EM focused mage pets won't take any summoned armor because they already have it; pets won't use attuneable gear, etc.

Since I usually run with a Mage I have an endless supply of pet toys so I try and outfit my charm pets. Now, I don't have a large sample size (I just tried a few mobs in Arx and Dredge). However, none of my charm pets would accept Haste masks, or summoned weapons. What are other people experiencing?

I could "understand" a caster mob possibly rejecting a Muzzle of Mardu since it's WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK ROG, but, I was attempting to give Brightedge as the weapon which is ALL/ALL for pets.

I'm going to be severely disappointed if charm pets are no longer able to be equipped with pet toys. I'll try and test out more mob types soon.
  2. silku Augur

I haven't found any dual wield capable pets in any zone of TDS. Have you gone back to, say, Grelleth's and charmed a scout and tried it? I havent yet but will when servers come up. (i.e. before they were accepting them but not using them, parsing exactly the same with haste mask or weapons or both.)
  3. Axxius Augur

Were the charm pets actually using those items before? Accepting them if they weren't able to use them would be pointless.
  4. Fogbust Journeyman

Obviously, when i still played a Chanter it was parsed without a doubt that haste items increase their dps. All kinds of items were used, Tolapumj's Robe woohoo...
  5. silku Augur

Just did an experiment with a very small sample, but it confirms what I was thinking. I went to Grelleth's palace, charmed a guard (which has always equipped weapons visibly), and gave him a mask and two weapons. He took both. I charmed a scout, also took both. Charmed a braxi (which never dual wields), would not take either.

Some where, some where not. Since RoF, it's be VERY rare to find a mob that actually dual wields or even parses to have any sort of haste effect. Granted, I haven't parsed every mob that is charm-able.. but that made it a lot easier in CoTF for instance, tons of it was flagged charm immune anyway, so there wasn't much to test.
    Jordis likes this.