Returning Shaman.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Biggrinn, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Biggrinn New Member

So i've made the choice to come back to Everquest and level my shaman. My shaman is level 67 and I never spent any time on AA's. so should i focus on farming those up and how many before i progress further? Is it best to farm in the hot zones? I've spent some time going through Spirit Realm to find an AA guide for shamans but I haven't seen one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Are you a free player or all access?

If all access, a suggestion is to open the AA window (cntrl v) and click the autogrant AA (upper right hand corner). Then the next time you zone/log in any AA's that are for your level will be granted to you for free. Only a few exceptions like some tradeskill ones and spell casting subtlety you have to buy yourself.
  3. Biggrinn New Member

Thank you for the help Crystilla!
  4. SomeEQGuy Elder

Or if you want to do it the old fashion way and get the AA achievements, here's what I did recently. I got the 6 in general to open up the archetype tab. The first thing I got on archetype was the AA's that reduce mana cost (I forget the name.) After that I went after mana regen and the reinforcement AA;s because I was tired of how short the duration is on out lower level haste spells (it didn't help much.) After that I went after DPS with DD crits and whatever DoT crites I could get. I did a few nice to haves like spirit veil, VP and pet affinity.

It's really a tossup on how you play that determine which AA's to go after first. There should be old guides at the spirit realm. They should be valid still for the lower levels. The biggest thing that impacts them since they were written is ooc regen. You may decide to hold off on mana regen. The way I looked at it was the more mana I regen, the llonger I can go before I have to sit ooc. I started my toon to do somthing on my alternate account until my gold subscription runs out. I knew I'd be solo/molo so that impacted my decisions. It was fun to see the changes when new spells, AA's and levels came.
  5. Gnar Augur

You still get the aa achievments with autogrant.
  6. Biggrinn New Member

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated.
  7. Anhari Augur

if you want to do it the manual way, then as a caster don't forget to get the AA's that add the spell slots 9-12 (I don[t remember which on that is).
  8. Obiziana Augur

Mnemonic Retention