AC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roxxanna, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Ravengloome Augur

Don't really need the DA hammer when you can just facetank ramp and heal through it tho :p, infact thats probably more productive.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Heroic Agility and AC is what you want. HP is tertiary since you are a Cleric, (Cleric heal thyself).

Hagi prevents you being hit as much which is even better, though that doesn't apply to all mobs (aka raids) where they have Heroic Strikethrough, which is still currently bugged and at 100% last I heard.

Everyone is over the AC softcap and so gets less than the full value, but you do get value. AC skews the DI rolls so you are hit more on the lower end, and the amount of raw AC needed to reach the maximum is something like 20-30k, far more than a player can get right now. (That's what happened to pets and why they were nerfed, they had stratospheric AC levels past the point it even did anything).
    Silentchaos and Ravengloome like this.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

They fixed heroic strikethrough levels in T2 COTF.
  4. Croak Augur

One thing you have missing is a dodge aug - the one from LDoN takes almost no time - there is a slightly better one in CotF.

You are in group gear thus you will certainly benefit from every gain you can get in AC, but you will see the benefit of it more pronounced on mobs that are lower level.
    You have a lot of work to do on AC augs.

Making your own power sources is easy - pottery is one of the easiest tradeskills to raise and skilling 250-300 is almost free other than the cost of sunshard ore which is easy to farm in CoD or Plane of Fire C1
    One of my favorite recipes for insane cheap skilling up is Unfired Foggy Energeian Poison Orb http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=27585
    When that goes trivial on the second firing combine switch to Unfired Cloudy Energeian Poison Orb

Food and drink can be force fed if you map their slot with a multibind to a movement key, but recipes with planar donuts are really easy to make and goo is plentiful.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

the stone of judgement from powar is the best dodge aug iirc at 10%, I survive most raid ramp rounds these days, while most of the other clerics in my guild don't :) Just tonight on Tita I managed to find myself ramp of course i hit fade because taking 130513 damage in 4 swings is too much for me to heal through constantly. /GU Tanking summary for: Karhar | Total damage: 130513 | Avg hit: 32628 | Swings: 4 | Hit: 4 (100%) .

But there's been times where when we were learning or doing void and not necessarily good at it yet that the tanks die on zeb and i step in and tank for a few minutes and live.
  6. Rathgar Journeyman

You don't actually eat your AC food and drink. They go highest slots in inventory and you force feed yourself lesser food. I accomplish this with a macro linked to something I hit every fight. Yes there is spam, but I have only accidently eaten a couple merchants feasts/drink since setting this up (long afks).

You are missing out on a lot of AC/hps both in gear and augs. 40 ac is on the low end for augs now. 45-52 ac should be the goal for most augs.

Save trib for named. there are 5 AC personal trophies to get not counting LoN. Save them for named as well.

Get all the AC clickies...violet conch shell, gunthak eyepatch, pow gnoll totem.

All AC matters. As a tank progressing through an expansion, I can tell my surviivability improves with each upgrade. When I reach the point of being fully upgraded to the best group gear available, the difference is night and day. This includes augs, clickies, powersources, etc.