For Fun - The Ultimate Group

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Obiziana Augur

5 monks and a bard... FD/Mend/Earthforce, bard = ADPS and can CC any extras.
    4 monks, a shaman and a bard.. same idea with some healing and more ADPS.
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

o_O

The 6 Monk group is based around Stunning Kick. It recycles fast enough that they can easily stun-lock anything stunable. I imagine any Monk would turn up their nose the idea of a Bard for CC since they only pull singles, and the aDPS boost is hardly necessary in a group with 6 DPSers (roughly double the DPS of a more standard group).

The Shaman would be completely out of place as I can't think of a situation that the Shaman would help overcome. Either the gimmick works, or it doesn't, and the Shaman can't turn the tide.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Outdpsed by 1 wizard and a chanter.
  4. Kongfoo Elder

Maybe if the monks only used auto attack.
    Obiziana likes this.
  5. Ploww Lorekeeper

Raven just hates monks ;)
  6. Noirfu Augur

4 monks + sham + bard is definitely the best of these monk groups. They can cycle impen on named and shaman healing plus aggro swapping and mend is plenty for stun-immune mobs.

In my normal (melee DPS-heavy group) we always do more DPS with a bard as the 6th instead of a rogue. More DPS is always good, especially in TeDiouS.
    Obiziana likes this.
  7. Silentchaos Augur

You have 6 slots, you need tank and dps and healing and support. Putting a bard and enchanter in the same group is a waste. You just used 2 of 6 slots on support. Putting a druid and enchanter in the same group is a waste, too. If you have an enchanter put a cleric in the group instead, they're way better at that whole healing thing. Putting a druid and bard in the same group is a waste. This isn't a raid setting. Pick 1 aDPS class.
  8. Obiziana Augur

I think the 1 bard would equate to more total DPS than a 6th monk, what with all they can add to a melee group. Single's are great, but CC is never unwelcome when the proverbial turds hit the fan.

The shaman would be healing in case of a named or stun immune mob as stated above, plus some epic clicks, feline procs, etc. Anyhow, it's all in fun, though I'd love to try it sometime.
  9. Szilent Augur

Brd does very little for this group, only an unheard-of surfeit of bards and lack of a fourth wizard would justify it.
  10. Truklin Elder

Not if your bard knows how to bard.
  11. Szilent Augur

That's a very strange statement to me. I don't think any element of my bard's class knowledge will change how her songs stack or the duration of her epic/FE clicks. Fourth wizard, alternately a second druid, probably a second enchanter - any would net boost that group's damage more.
    Momentum and Sancus like this.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Massive amounts of mana regen, No need to use the OH aura frees up the mana regen aura + 2 mana regen songs and possibly Crescendoing.

Keeps those Casters pretty healthy on the blue stuff.
  13. Szilent Augur

Pulse + Crescendo is quite a lot of mana (Chorus is AE, they get it regardless), but the event duration implied by the need for it is pretty outlandish.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Pulse + Chorus + Crescendo + Aura

Wizards that don't have to Harvest are happy (that 12s of dead time during the cast = massive loss of DPS, being able to just keep burning makes the bard worth the group slot i am thinking?)

(I am only guessing what his reason is)
  15. Truklin Elder

I was talking moreso about aDPS syncing. Adding a bard instead of a 4th wizard allows you to have 100% crit chance on for a long time. Also, BW+FE is great for a wizards primary burn.
    The crescendo+pulse+aura mana is also a nice boon, since your wizards never have to stop dpsing.

Although if you have enough enchanters to give a second one to the 3 wizards while still having enough chanter's for your mages and necro's, that could work well too. Extra iog and 3rd and extra haze procs are nice. I doubt too many guilds have 4-5 enchanters though.
    Benzarden likes this.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

What does fierce eye do for a wizards primary burn?

Black Wolf + Prolonged and they are already at 100% crit chance.
  17. Truklin Elder

9: Increase Proc Modifier by 300%

Unless im mistaken and that doesnt apply to spell procs?
  18. Ravengloome Augur

I am fairly confident in saying no it doesn't.

Although between Hedgewizards + Symp proc/proc augs/shawl (or MR/Wildspark)

They would always proc something to begin with.
  19. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Can confirm it doesn't apply to spell procs. I don't know of any proc mod that does.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

But Fury of Kera does apply to melee procs! Get dem Wizards in Range /attack on

^ (i think, it was a joke i made in vent the other day and one of the wizards said it did)