8 Ways to Look Like a New You!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

Selling Arx Mentis ornaments on Xegony for 5 Kronos each.
    Lisandra and Sancus like this.
  2. EQROCKS1233 New Member

Must say the gear does look great! Love the plate the most.
    Muuadib and Doomsmite like this.
  3. buffalou New Member

If you really want to help the people who play EQ - COMBINE or HAVE a Vendor who will exchange any CURRENCY for whatever a toon wants. Say my toons has huge amount of Faycitum I would like the ability to EXCHANGE for say MARKS of VALOR so I can buy items that are useful to me or my toons.
    Thie would really be appreciated by 100's of EQ members. Instead we now have over 25 DIFFERENT currencies alot of which can only be obtained from Raids.

WHAT SAY YOU SONY.

Buffalou
    Lily, Iczer and Lisandra like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You should accept payment only in nobles, to ensure the tax is included too!
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Edrick Augur

This is a terrible idea. You could just do trivial content all day to get yourself items that are current content.

There isn't anything wrong with having a lot of old currency. It meant you played in that expansion a lot.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  6. complexication Kassina

At least the Thaell Ew plate looks nice...

The Arx Mentis plate however looks like y'all went a little ape with the dodge tool.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. gigglefart99 New Member

cant see anything how come??
  8. Nickster86 Elder

Wow I can look like an Arx NPC? If i wanted to looks like an arx mob I would ask for a broom illusion. Their is a slew of things that need to be addressed before you start rolling out new costumes for us. Leave the designing of that to your subscribers there stuff looks better. And you decide to lock Arx costumes behind raid currency? What poor reasoning to go " Yeah it takes raid currency to buy but its attunable!" Well wowie zowie that means I can pay out my rear to someone for something that you should have just offered in SC store. And from how I hear the amount of currency you get is but a mere pittance and your overcharging for items how high on the list that is for your average raider? You charge so much for items its silly. Your idea of charging an absurd amount of currency that comes from instants (some with lockouts) will distract from the VERY small expansion we all paid for. Many people voice their displeasure however devs do not bother to come forward and answer some of the questions. You created the subforum "Sense Heading" which should consist of devs providing "sense" of where our game is "heading". I think its safe to say you let down your legions of subscribers. Last weekend was double xp. Your servers went down on us that Sunday. Why not do the right thing and say "hey guys, something unfortunate happened, but we are going to extend double xp by a day to make it up". Then your login server had issues due to your patch. Yet continually you just decide to turn a blind eye and sweep these matters under the rug. So in conclusion:
    -Everyone and their mother clearly knows your trying to drag out this expansion by charging absurd amounts of currency
    -Instead of focusing on new content you give us new costumes
    - "Sense Heading" sub forum is a joke, never updated, and the communication between the player base and developers is the worst I have ever seen it
    - When something goes down on your end (code, hardware etc) just posting a "Bear with us we will have this fixed soon as we can" doesn't always cut it. It would be vastly appreciated if you guys were to do something to make up for things that happen that we we as long standing customers of your product feel valued and do not take our money elsewhere. Remember that our subscriptions pay your checks
    guado, Lisandra and Makaha like this.
  9. gigglefart10 New Member

so are named mobs in the raid events going to drop the new items like Alaris expansion?? cause that crap is still dropping off raid mobs in TDS if thats the case there will be more than enough of this to trickle down/
  10. Silv Augur

Most of us aren't on the FV server so how about we keep the raid-only drops not tradeable... therefore, these ornaments shouldn't be raid only drops and anyone should have a chance to obtain them (even if it's a junkton of pieces of 8). The whole "raider prestige" thing went out the window with marketplace ornaments, An Epic Request, and armor dye. The closest thing to "elite" we have are nifty particle effects on weapons, so unless this Arx armor has a swarm of lightning bugs around it there is no reason it should be limited to raiders. And let's not kid ourselves- almost no raiders are going to buy these ornaments and IF they did, they certainly wouldn't sell them just because they're attunable.

I'm really at a loss on this one...

ps. When posting screenshots can we get both male/female for each type in the future?! Kk, thx! :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Iila Augur

To be fair, the art assets for these two sets, plus the unreleased clockwork set has been done for a while. And art is completely separate from the devs that should be working on fixing the piles of bugs and other mistakes put into the game recently.

The actual dev time spent on these was just to implement the quests in Thulisaur and add the arx set to the raid vendor for a hilariously high price.

I stopped putting in effort to get new heroes forge sets when I ran out of space trying to hold onto sets of ancient shissar, dark elf, bixie and insidious. No room to store new sets, won't use them.
    Muuadib and Lisandra like this.
  12. Issk Journeyman

You want 250 Arx Crystals for each Arx Mentis amor ornament??? Come on SoE...

I can imagine the negative reaction of raid leaders if their raid force is frivolous enough to buy pretty ornaments instead of actual gear upgrades. I'm not saying there won't be a few who do this, but man, yeah... A full set of the ornaments should cost less than an actual piece of loot
    Maedhros and Lisandra like this.
  13. smash Augur

Dont add the ornamnents to raid chests, because they will probably take 1 of the normal loots, from something WHO is already
    rather bad.

Also that way, we can kick people out WHO going to buy the ornaments. And that will happen for any for spend the
    limited coins we get for the too expensive items.
  14. Muuadib Journeyman

I suppose that it's good for me that the Arx gear isn't that appealing to my tastes nearly as much as the Thaell Ew! I am loving the Thaell Ew chain and plate especially the helms, super cool. Regardless whomever worked on those, Well done!.
    The only armor I'm holding my breath for now is the clockwork! I want to get my steampunk, eq style, on hehe.
    Oh and last but not least, hoods, hoods, hoods, hoods. :p

LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!!!
  15. Doomsmite New Member

If the game is still around in a few years I wouldn't mind some of the plate gear looks. Now then, for a solo'er and someone with zero time for raids, hard task or long drawn out progressions, I must say you have ruined the game for me. No matter what zone I kill in for months I'm still not seeing my XP bar move. Don't count on me to stand in line or there by myself to do your silly HA's. Give back my experience please. I feel greed is what motivates your game planers, it was obvious when I saw the price of Krono was more then 1 regular month sub. Going back to my no XP hades in EQ, long time player, 1999.
  16. Apoc Augur

Well it would only take someone 25 weeks to get a full set of these if they cleared all 7 events without bonuses /golf clap... I have seen it all now
    Billy and Lisandra like this.
  17. Romance Augur

Leather ended up looking better than I thought it would!

Here it is as an Iksar.
    [IMG]
    Lisandra and SaderakhBertox like this.
  18. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

cant you make it easier for someone who is not a non raider to get armor.. I know that with 250 coins a piece the armor will be in the millions on servers... not to mention I doubt someone will spend that much why not move it to say... the group merchant from the ha currency
  19. guado Augur

Only 5 kronos? With chase loot going for 12-15 kronos, the ornaments should be like 20-25 kronos. Oh. I see what's going on here.
  20. Idiien New Member

Sorry I really think this is BS sometimes. you need to raid the new stuff to get it. What happened to the good of everyone not just the raiders. Not everyone raid hard core. be leave or not you have a lot of people that enjoy the game group & they raid but lower stuff & so they can see 90% of the game. right not the raiding we are at RoF & moving up. so like I said we you only make this raiding only ?????? make it rewards for doing all the progression & hunters or maybe if you do all the Part/ Merc & hunters pre zone maybe get a part of the gear. make it fair to all not just for hard core raiders & your friends. ok spelling may not be very good but oh-well
    Lisandra likes this.