GamParse 1.5.0.0 Released!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Today marks the 5 year anniversary since Gam last posted an update to GamParse, so I figure it would make a perfect day to release the next official update, 1.5.0.0.

The guys at EQResource.com have offered to host it for me, as well as setup a forum for discussion.

I would like to thank everyone who helped test all the changes, and there have been a lot, it would have been much more difficult doing it myself.

A list of most changes is available here: http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/gamparsechangelog.php

A short introduction page outlining the system requirements is here: http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/gamparsegettingstarted.php

And it is available for download here: http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php

I haven't yet completed the updated instructions, but they should be available soon(tm) at: http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/gamparseinstructions.php

Happy Parsing!

(For those wondering, the jump in version number is due to the sheer number of changes. After compiling the list of changes "1.0.5.0" didn't nearly convey how big of a change it was, and even "1.1.0.0" didn't quite do it. It also allows me to soft reset the version numbers for future updates).
    Enkel, Obiziana, guado and 5 others like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Thanks for taking on the updates, I don't know how my disdain for bad players would survive without empirical proof they're terribibble
  3. Lisandra Augur

Thank you Beimeth! I've downloaded & installed it already.
  4. Xeladom Augur

5. Sancus Augur

Thank you!
  6. Dr Dice Elder

7. svann Augur

Any chance you might add a way for copies of gamparse to share/merge parse information so people that are out of range of each other get valid parses? Maybe use a chat channel created especially for that purpose? Because on most raids I notice that no one's parses match.
  8. Mintalie Augur

Thanks for all the work you continue to pour into the game. You rock. Loving the new version!
  9. svann Augur

I think I may have something set up wrong. My results have never matched other peoples but I always just figured they and I were out of range of each other so were getting different data. Last night I noticed something that tells me my data is probably wrong.

We were doing Zalikor. 54 in raid, and my group was on fire platform. 4 wizards (including me), an enchanter, and a druid. At the end of the fight the Overview tab only showed 3 people. Me, the chanter and the druid. The other 3 wizards didnt even show. But they did show on the Spells and Discs tab. Why would 19 players show up on the Spells and Discs tab but only 3 make it to the Overview tab?

I have checked filters and they were all set to show. Gamparse 1.5 doesnt have many settings, and I cant see any that might be the cause, but they are all still set to default settings, except for player name and auto monitor file. I know that gamparse did not break the file up midfight because there are fights listed before Zalikor. Is there anyone that has any idea what Im doing wrong?
  10. Naugrin Augur

The chanter and the druid were probably using some dots...dot damage is reported at the caster, dd and physical damage is reported at the target. In short, you were too far from the mob to see dd damage other than your own (which you can see at any range). The spells others cast and discs they use show up because the message that says they have cast such and such spell has a much larger range.
    Beimeith likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm not sure spell cast messages have a larger range, but they are reported at the caster, like DoTs.
  12. svann Augur

Wow. When are parses ever reliable then? When the whole raid is gathered in close to the mob is the only way I can see it working for a group of players. Whats the valid range?
    edit: on 2nd thought, maybe just the guy taking parse needs to be close to mob. Is that right? Would he get valid numbers for everyone including those at large range?
  13. SaderakhBertox Augur

We have a melee person post a parse in a channel set up for it. Everyone understands its not 100% accurate, but its generally the most accurate. Any of the casters that care to do so, can follow up by posting their personal parse, if they feel like we all really need to know.

My parsing for casters is never accurate. Necro dots were already explained. A melee probably doesn't see added damage from potions or something. I don't care enough to really figure it out. The parses for themselves aren't always accurate either. If they are far enough away, I don't think they pick up all of the damage for their own pets.
  14. Naugrin Augur

While not having proof, I believe spell casting messages do have a much larger range...

We see spell counts from people fairly distant from what I've noticed. I think people have posted accurate parses of my spells cast and got little or none of a necro's damage who was next to me.

I'll try to check it out when I have time.
  15. Naugrin Augur

Pet damage is really screwy....vt procs weren't being picked up by anyone but the caster for a while but I think they fixed that.

My personal favorite oddity is that pets with custom names seem to have a shorter reporting range than pets with the generic names lol.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

its best to just do 1 from melee and 1 in the back with casters, that should cover pretty much everything except Pet stuff or people who are in odd spots
  17. Sancus Augur

Have to agree on pet DPS... Pet procs (VT, among others) do not report to anyone other than the mage, which means we're understated on anyone else's parse.

On top of that, I swear the range on pet melee DPS is significantly worse than the range on other damage... I have a parse on Lieutenant Rolth where my fully FBO/VTed water pet showed up for 9k (which is basically VT's DPS) and my RS pets simply didn't appear (we were specifically told not to burn on Rolth for some reason, so was using RS). I was close enough to catch the melee DPS, but not pet hits. It's really a PITA for our guild, as we have to parse ourselves if we want to know how much we're doing (none of the melee parse :() ... in the vast majority of raids I'm missing all RS/Main pet DPS from the parse, so I have no idea how well I actually do.
  18. Fenudir Augur

The parser can only process information that it's given. Combat logs in EQ are, by current MMO standards, woefully sparse. Get on the devs for better reporting. They need to make a productive change to the game for a change anyways.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Borias New Member

Thank you for updating!
  20. Iila Augur

Why is this version resetting the fight list? If I have Gamparse loaded, the fight list is completely refreshed every 1-2 events.

I don't see any options to reload the log after X time or fights.
    Sancus likes this.