Is my Damage based entirely on my weapon?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by SonSonVallano, Jan 9, 2015.

1. SonSonVallano New Member

Since lvl 14, I have been doing a max of 29 damage when somebody gave me a swiftblade of zek. Now, I am lvl 20 and doing the same damage with my slashing. . . max 29. It seems like with my increase in other stats like str and dex, I should be gaining small damage each time I level? This leads me to believe the damage is based entirely on my weapon?

Some enlightenment would be great, thanks in advance!
  2. Brohg Augur

You'll do more damage with that same weapon as you level up. There's a multiplier that comes into play, plus your Damage Bonus will go up, raising your minimum damage.

Higher str & such raises your "atk" stat, which makes you hit for a higher average, but doesn't move your max hits at all.
  3. SonSonVallano New Member

Hmm, but it just takes more than 5 levels to manifest I guess?
  4. mage101 Elder

you're probably hitting the max hit with current weapon. it will start to go up soon.
    this is why faster weapons are better at lower lvls. swiftblade is a great wep that early.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are damage caps at the lower levels; I think that the final one is removed at level 30.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

There are also some other factors, such as how fast you hit, and your choice of weapon. Remember always that damage per second is more important than damage per hit.
  7. SonSonVallano New Member

How do I see what my DPS is?
  8. beryon Augur

You have to download a parser for that. Most people use Gamparse.
  9. Demascuss Journeyman

A bit late on the response end, but at your current level (at the time of your post), the one thing that's hindering your damage is the damage cap at lower levels. Once you get a bit higher, you'll start noticing a large jump in damage (I think the damage cap raises every 5ish levels or so until a certain point. I know 30 was mentioned but that I cannot confirm).