Newb questions about summoned pet toys.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Gruffish, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Gruffish Elder

I do not play a mage but a friend of mine does. I give his summoned items to my pets.

I play a 75 shaman and 66 SK.

I notice that if I give my pet weapons he will still have them after I log out and log back in. I also give him the muzzle, the plate and the focus items.

Questions:
    1.Do all of these work for pets?
    2. Are they still on the pet when I log back in?
    3. Is my shaman's dog actually wearing plate and using swords?
  2. Haegar Augur

The SK pet should wear everything. I am not so certain about the dog.

I think the most useful armor items are the 500HP belt and the haste mask
  3. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Sheex likes this.
  4. Gruffish Elder

That is very helpful. The only question I think I still have is about logging out and logging back into the game for more than 30 minutes.

When I do this, my SK pet will still have his summoned weapons equipped. Can I infer from this that his other summoned gear is still equipped as well?
  5. Sancus Augur

My understanding is yes, the other gear is still equipped.
  6. Silv Augur

^I believe the same BUT...

The easiest way to test this quickly and easily would be to do a parse of 1)no haste mask, 2) haste mask, 3)haste mask + logged >30min. You could really just do 2 & 3. Look at the hit rate... there should be no difference in the pets with the haste item if it doesn't poof after 30min.

If you're not a number person then I'd go with your original inference.

It's really a disappointment after all these years we don't get the pet 'equip/stat' window (yet we have merc gear/stats :rolleyes:). Although, I honestly can't remember if there was an actual "reason" why we couldn't get it or if it was just lack of caring enough/resources.
  7. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I prefer the Combatants Belts from the Franklin Teek tasks for the haste.
  8. Cazmac Augur

9. Sancus Augur

Looking like the Necrotalk site is down :(
  10. Nylrem Augur

Yes pet keeps items even after you've been logged for more than 30 min.

Pet will equip most tradable equipment, as long as the pet meets the REQUIRED level for the equipment. Class is irrelevant, for pets. Yes, your shaman dog can equip and use swords.

Tradable items, defiant, tier 1 drops, and tradeskill made items are much greater benefits than summoned gear, generally, if you have extras of that stuff you want to equip a pet with. You can see a significant difference in a pet fully equipped with 'good' gear.
  11. Silv Augur

I was fairly certain pets eat 'no trade' items so giving those Combatant Belts would do absolutely 0 for the pet compared to the Mage summoned mask. I'm 99% sure they addressed this in the Necrotalk thread but it's down/gone so I can't confirm it now.

Anyone know for sure?
  12. Sancus Augur

I definitely could be wrong (haven't done dailies in forever) but I think the Combatant's Belt is tradeable. But you are correct, pets will eat up anything that's no trade.
  13. Silv Augur

And you are right- it's attuneable. Not sure what I looked at earlier that made me see 'no trade'.
  14. silku Augur

Combatant belts are attune-able, so are tradeable.
  15. Voragath Augur

I think the confusion came from being attuned. Attuneable stuff becomes no-trade once you attune it. Maybe that's where you got no-trade, Silv? I think attuneable stuff is always considered tradeable for pets (i.e. even after attunement, the pet can wear it).
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yes.
    When equipping a Chanter Pet: I give it a Teek Belt, The 2 Mage cauldron "blades", and the rest of the summoned Mage gear.
    I destroy the Mage summoned belt. (Being of higher AC - it'll over-write the Teek belt if passed.)
    -Rat
  17. Kodjak Lorekeeper

"You can give your pet various dropped gear. Attunable gear will automatically be converted to no-trade & therefore destroyed once the pet zones, which includes being suspended. All defiant gear is attunable, but the pet will not destroy visible armor...."

Quote from necrotalk
  18. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

EQ developers can be dastardly, apparently. Why make an exception for visible pieces, and not non-vis, except to throw us off? Why have it work, and then stop working upon zoning?
    silku likes this.
  19. Baramos Augur

Pets will not equip prestige items.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'd like to note that the 2 "top Mages" I raid with said that while Mage pets are summoned geared, that they are not geared as well as if they are handed all the summoned armor and focus items.
    I remember there is a way to kill a charmed mage pet in the arena to be able to inspect/loot the corpse.
    Anyone care to run that by me again?

-R