Making a Request...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bikmer, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Fenudir Augur

The thing that saddens me most about gear drops today is the locked delay in weapons. It would take just a few minutes to balance out dps between different delays. Instead we get stuck with 30 & 35 for 2 handers. Forever. 19 for piercers. Forever. And whatever 1h have to deal with. Blah. Give me a 45 delay weapon that hits like a truck already!
  2. Raynrace Augur

I think i have a simple solution...

SOE has already done the work, just make it happen. Items listed most beneficial not to class but to groups.

I do agree that some items need tweaking in heroics but 1 item per slot per group as they already have it. Loot table drops all items not just some...

If you make the loot table drop as it is, not only do tanks have a hard time getting loot but for guilds who have a bench will almost never see items not on the loot table because loot costs way to much to purchase even with the achievement rewards from coins.

Its not hard to change, its just that nerfing experience is more important than whats important.
  3. Mugsie Elder

Mods and most heroics are out of scale with raw hp / ma / ac / h-dex/ h-agi. This is in part to the rapid growth of raw stats vs the growth of heroics and the nature of the return from h-dex/agi (not slamming hstr, personally, I think its WAY underrated).

We have beat the dead horse, had a necromancer reanimate it complaining of Hsta, the pallies all eagerly kill it again, thinking they can dps, and went back to beating the former horse. Breaking gear back into archetypes would seemingly make those archetypes' templates more than just pass to rot/ probie, ect. It would logistically overall cause less loot rot on raid gear as the tank template wouldn't be the template that is 70%+ utilized.

The better solution is obviously make the mods and other heroics desirable but this is a larger undertaking at this point, but I think one that would be worthwhile.

EG: Clairvoyance is HOW LITTLE mana an hour of straight casting?????!?!
    Make it immediately an order of magnitude (or more) larger in output and significantly increase the amount it activates.

This doesn't immediately change much at all in itself, but you update like that across several of the ignored due to near insignificance factors and you could make more than tank gear desired.

Mugs
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Insaneox Augur

The current design of tank gear is bad for tanks is issue! Every class currently marks tank specific piece #1 due to most benefit.

Maybe remove focus from so called tank and place more or SK/Paly focus on 8 visable pieces.

I know changing loot system for guilds is not easy move. Lot of rules have been in place for ages and changes come hard.

Also as some have said the loot table now is larger then before when class specific was divided. Now you get tank, shaman-nec, bard, enchanter, wiz and Mage, cleric Druid shaman, monk beast, rogue ber, ranger and everyone waiting on tank drop currently.

So 54 people with primary #1 item being same and some items no one wants like shaman/necro to name one.
  5. Savager Augur

^This.
  6. segap Augur

Really? Each template differs by maybe +/- 200 hp/mana/end, +/-10AC and +/- 2 heroic per slot. And if almost everyone is choosing the tank template, almost everyone is building the exact same thing. Clickies and focus are the same regardless of template. There is no deciding to trade one stat for a particular focus. Have some gear that allows you to really specialize in one area, but weakens you in another that's great for balanced groups or raiding. Or gear that gives you better balance if you want to molo or are stuck with an oddball group. It would be a lot more interesting if you actually had to make trade off decisions. The only real difference with what we currently have is around min/maxing. Actual day to day performance of playing your class will be minimal. A tank might require an extra heal or two. A wizard might need to harvest a one cast sooner (although they're likely already doing so every time it pops anyway).
  7. jiri_ Augur

I completely agree, and within the Ranger community I believe this is one of the major gripes with itemization.
  8. Barbwarrior Augur

could make the loot war pal shd etc? instead of just one all the tank class and same for the rest ;p
  9. mage101 Elder

just have mobs drop mold type items that you exchange for non vis items like they do with visibles.
    (both raid and group)
    if they want to make something harder to get put it behind achievements or kill 5/7 raid bosses sort of thing.

another option.

Does raid, kills boss.
    Boss drops 2 bracers and 2 cloaks.
    I loot cloak, right click it and pick the version of the cloak i want.
  10. Barbwarrior Augur

they dont want it to be that easy either its gona last a year ha
  11. Betenoire Elder

They are doing it right maybe minus focii, choices are good, just have to educate the idiots. I will agree that heroics are kind of old hat and EQ needs something new as far as gear. Weapon delays I will agree with too, the 22 delay offhand so far as far as I can see parses out to be mostly equal to less than the last expansion main hander after comparing the CotF and TDS.
  12. Brogett Augur

I wonder if the increase in mob AC is one way of trying to force melee dps down the hSTR route instead of hDEX or hAGI routes. Currently I tend to have mostly hSTR loots but with quite a lot of hDEX augs. Yet I'm finding my dps in TDS seems lower than it was in CotF 5 levels back, due I think to a shift in attack vs AC. I haven't really proven this though. Need something to keep me healed for 30 mins of tanking to get a solid parse I guess.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

If melee dps don't want tank gear as their #1 wish, it would make me very happy in a dps guild which I'm in. So if you can find why they should use other gear, I really like that idea.
  14. Brogett Augur

I think it's mainly monks that are going for tank gear, as they're pretty tanky in the first place and it helps them considerably to be more so. As a rogue, I suspect tank gear wouldn't make much difference and I'd still be squishy as anything! DPS is all I care about. If I end up tanking then something has already gone wrong. :)
  15. menown Augur

Necros too. Necs have no stat that ups DoT dps. The innate nature of DoTs keep us high in mana during raids. Sooo ... the only options left are defensive stats, which are HP, AC, and hAGI. Want to guess what gear I want?
  16. Savager Augur

If your monks are taking tank gear, they don't know how to monk.
    Smokn likes this.
  17. Sexy Troll New Member

Howdy guys. I see these posts. And i agree, the template is screwed. I play a shammy, but i bid on priest gear, and tank gear and whatever slot fits me best. Yes i get priest gear for heroic wis, i get tank gear for the HP, so i can survive raid AOE and canni more.

I agree we should go back to class specific gear, but that would require the devs to actually spend a couple of days making gear.

I dont want to hear whining that "people want piece of gear X" with raid currency, if they "have to have gear X" they can buy it with coin.

I do agree with almost everything being said. But we have to realize, the devs dont care, TDS was the worst expansion ever. EQ doesnt care, they are just trying to get as much money as possible until they release EQ next.

Do you all remember the days when EQ was happy with our monthly subscription lol? Now its "big bag on sale for $25" Seriously lol?

"Play Everquest give us money, spend $20 bucks and we'll make your toon lvl 85, give us 100 bucks and we'll give you 5k AA" Bleh im sure im preaching to the choir here.

Makes you wonder, who is the bigger , SOE marketplace or chinese plat farmers lol.

I'm a long term player, been here since 2000, but we all see the writing on the wall.

The sad thing is, I still enjoy this game, I enjoy playing with my friends. So i personally cancelled all my bots, play a few times a week, and see what EQ will do in the future, to pursuade me to stick around for future games lol.

Best of travels, and happy holidays to you all!
  18. mage101 Elder

tank gear is more than acceptable for monks.
  19. Norathorr Augur

Some of the most fun I had in the old days was planning gearing up. Focii were not limited to one slot and gear choice was much bigger. I used to love going for cultural when it was stronger and get my major dps focii on rings and earrings etc. Todays system is not so much a choice but more a right and wrong. If hp and ac provide greater benefit then people are going to take it. More importance has to be made on heroic stats so we can actually see a really decent return for them in order to encourage people to make choices based upon anything other than survivability. Easy template systems are in place because SoE wont give this game the resources it needs. We seem to get short changed at every turn. WTB creativity.
  20. Smokn Augur

$$$$