IsBoxing - feedback?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Patife, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Patife New Member

Hi all isBoxers!

This program is sweet, and is making the everquest experience a game-in-the-game thing for me, where optimizing and tuning the group is as fun as playing the game. Normally, I'm healing on raids with my cleric, even though time hasn't permitted much raiding lately :)

I wanted to share/discuss how I'm using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], and see if I can pick up some tips :)

Group Setup
    1. Monk (puller)
    2. Warrior (tank)
    3. Cleric (healing)
    4. Enchanter (slows, dots, nukes, buffs, pet)
    5. Necromancer (dps + pet)
    6. Druid (nukes, debuffs, tracking + taxi)

I mainly use 3 buttons in a fight:
    Numpad 1: Debuffs and sending pets in. Warrior starts tanking/Aggroing
    Numpad 2: more dots/aa's/Nukes
    Numpad 3: Even more dots/aa's Nukes

These 3 buttons are each running 5 lines worth of commands on each toon.
    I found that if you hammer a different button, you actually break the sequence, so handling adds is not a big issue - wee bit of lag, but not bad enough to wipe.

Gina
    On numpad1-3 my monk has a distinct emote that I use with Gina in order to hear when to press the next button. I.e. "/em badabing badaboom" is picked up by Gina, which launches a timer that goes for the duration of the first group of spells. When time is done, Gina tells me to press "2", which is the next group of spells + a distinct emote for that timer etc. I keep the durations in an excel sheet where all my casters pauses are added for maximum efficiency.

Adds
    I mainly pull singles with the monk, but in the event that an add DOES pop, then I hammer numpad 4, which basically has the enchanter swap to x2 and start AA stun then Mez. Cleric does a group heal just in case.

Sitting down the casters
    All my casters end their socials with /sit on each button, however, sometimes, I want to seat them down, so I have the handy macro:

Code:
    /pause 10,/stand
    /sit

This is nice in case the necro is FD, as /stand will get her up before sitting, and I ensure all casters actually sit down by standing first.

Panic
    There's always the need for a panic button. In that case, necro + monk instantly FD, while druid throws her exodus AA (evac/succor). It's a hammer button. If anyone does die, the necro is always handy to summon corpses with :)

Spam buttons
    The monk and warrior have two buttons that are constantly being hammered, for kicks, bashes and other short-duration melee abilities. To avoid bleeding fingers, I have a logitech G-13 keyboard that simply spams two macros that are the same for the WAR and MNK every second. I have a toggle on that.

What's missing
    I currently have no buttons configured for fighting named mobs, basically because I'm lazy, and I am still winning all fights with named. The only concern is for named that proc adds as well as those that induce fear or charm you - on those, I just curse out loud when it happens, and eat the death.

How are you guys using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]?
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I just alt tab to the next toon. I dont' worry about fancy programs. Maybe I'm old school or a curmudgean but if you're depending on a program to play your alt for you. You are not playing it.
    Marton, Sancus and Fenudir like this.
  3. silku Augur

that's great for purists. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] isn't playing the alt for you. It's simply sending commands to the other window without having to alt-tab. Alt-tab works great for playing two characters. When you get 3 or more it starts getting to be a pain.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Shrinak New Member

Fairly sure using your G13 keyboard to auto maco a spam button is against ToS so you might think about revising your post.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Fairly sure it's not as long as you are at the keyboard........
    Enkel, Lisandra, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  6. guado Augur

There have been conflicting reports of Automated Keystrokes from fancy-cool keyboards etc, the general consensus has consistently been: automated actions are only acceptable if you are present at the keyboard.
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Lisandra and silku like this.
  8. Patife New Member

The agreement states that I have to be at my keyboard, which I am. I do not use the G-13 when not playing, so it should be within EULA.
  9. Fyrerock Augur

Are you able to get good dps out of your monk. I box a monk as well, but his dps is really bad these days, thanks to how button smash happy the class has become. They need to find an easier way to make hot keys and reduce the amount of button smashing people are forced to do
    Fenudir likes this.
  10. mage101 Elder

what Fey said. its alot more than 2 hotkeys that monks spam on short reuse timers.
    most of the monks i spoke to have an entire hotbar(almost full) page linked to a single key that they use for mashing.