Nice Stealth change to Argin Hiz raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Crystilla Augur

Us mid tiers (some of us at least) didn't even realize that there was NOT a DS sometimes; my guild always has someone who reverse DS's mobs. So it's not like it wasn't a secret; it was :)

If the DS wasn't working right, we might not like the change but SoE pretty much said it now works as it was always intended to ... so I guess enjoy the easier/quicker kills folks already had.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Do the imps have their DS on all the time now? :eek:

I always thought that mechanic was already working as intended. It was called 'mischievous' after all. If they are supposed to just have that DS on with no tricks to it, then it's a bad design. The 'broken' version was a lot smarter.
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Vlerg Augur

and it's not how it was for 7 month after that beta.

since that DS does nothing but annoy melee by having them twiddle thumbs for the duration of the imp phase, it was assumed the brilliant 15k-ds idea was off...

apparently not.
  4. Brogett Augur

And the fact it was changed before live made most of us think that the change was intentional. It's definitely a backwards step changing it back.

Mind you, having said that I did it last night and managed to get in the top 10 dps parse on imps combined, beating 2 mages. Lol can we say SLACKERS.
  5. Mintalie Augur

I went off on quite the rant about this during raid. Things that are important which should be fixed get ignored while they retune a 7 month old raid? Talk about wrong priorities...
    Hiladdar likes this.
  6. Kiillz Augur

[IMG]

is all i have to say.
    Hiladdar and Mintalie like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Range caster DPS is complaining about a damage shield on a mob?
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What, no ALEX? For shame sir. :(
    Fenudir, Brogett, Esero and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mintalie Augur

I really don't understand why you go out of your way to bust my balls on these forums, but, whatever, I'll bite.

The retuning of the Argin-Hiz made an already lengthy raid even longer. I'd say it took three to four times longer to kill those little jerks than previously, and in the process chewing through my substantial mana pool. That's why I am complaining.

Happy now?
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  10. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

What I call slacker is a wizard who has non wizards doing better in ANY parse nowadays.
  11. Mythaniel Elder

All it does is make the raid last longer.../snooze
    Mintalie likes this.
  12. CaptAmazing Augur

There a new theme cropping up in EQ as of late. It makes me dread doing some content again cause it gets so boring.
    Fenudir likes this.
  13. Brogett Augur

Oh that's the norm here!

Mind you, occasionally the enchanters will beat them too. oops :p
  14. Savager Augur

Enchanters OP
    Fenudir and Brogett like this.
  15. Axxius Augur

We did it this week. Surprisingly few melee deaths. Either they all popped Armor of Experience, or maybe they just AFK'd while wizards obliterated the imps. It was over in a minute anyway. :p

The number of melee hating mechanics in the current content is just hilarious. It probably means that in the next expansion (or even during TDS) SOE will nerf casters into the ground. They can't seem to find the balance ever. It's always one extreme or the other.
  16. Jiggs Elder

If they made it so the DS could be dispelled it would be much less of an issue.

I don't mind dispelling mobs so melee can do better. That's one of the reasons why we got the spells and AA.

Too bad the developers see it otherwise.
    Brogett and Bigstomp like this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

It's not really a win or lose part of the event. It just seems to tune that up at this point in the next expansion seems kinda crappy. If it wasn't working this long, they should have just let it be and removed it.

An extra minute or so on the event, not a big deal here. I just hate the idea of tuning UP events after people beat it.
  18. Brogett Augur

What method are you using to do all those mobs in 1 minute? Round them up and use a couple wars with Forti, then AE? I can't see ours being able to keep agro. We never AEd this though and have always mezzed and done 1 by 1. Consequentially it now takes an age because most of our dps has gone.

Agreed on the number of melee hating mechanics being too high. At least the insane RAMPAGES have finally become more of a rarity, but I think the devs just have the wrong formula for thinking about DS. I can see DS should either be a small DS that makings meleeing needing thought and healing (rather than dead in 1-2sec) or something which is curable and/or timed so it is a mechanic that can be worked around with a strat. This though is just unplayable in any reasonable form by melee.
  19. Axxius Augur

I didn't mean literally 1 minute. More like 3.5. :) Those imps were dying in about 5-10 sec each even without full melee dps. We have a caster heavy raid.
  20. Brogett Augur

Certainly much more caster dps than we have then, although for sure some of ours were slacking big time. Last times we did this it took 13.5 min and 14 mins! The combined dps was 129k dps. Ugh! (Of which I was a pathetic 5k.) It looks like you'll have around 500-550k ranged dps then.