TDS Off Raid 1 Tita's Ghost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nudia Augur

this thread needs to die
    Kiillz likes this.
  2. Maeryn Augur

Definition 3 aka Deillusional Definition: 2nd post-nerf attempt: So we thought as we didn't get any aug we would pay Tallon and his brother Vallon a visit to get four auguments from them. So with a less than ideal force of 46 (including a couple of boxes), we went and proceeded to make them lay on their backs just like they did in the Seeds of Destruction expansion.
  3. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

4. Pwnography Augur

Triton isn't Realm of Insanity. Triton will never rival Realm of Insanity. Most likely, no guild will until the end of EQ or Qulas gets bored and moves on. Is this so terrible? Na.

There is one bastion of the old-school mentality of 'whatever it takes' for the most hardcore, the ones with flexible schedules, trust fund kids, whatever. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a batphone and a personal, engraved toilet set up at my desk and play like a king from my throne on release until its done. That may not be for everyone, or most. There is a league of its own, in which RoI plays by themselves in the deep end, while the rest of us push back and forth in the kiddie pool competing for the 'non-hardcore' trophy (to which rankings change based on expansion. Except them. See 'plays by themselves' comment.)

Does it really matter if, or if not, they realized it was stealth-nerfed before any of us? No. I have no doubt in my that all things being equal, RoI would have stomped every other guild into the ground. That ten minute win should be illustrative of exactly how far ahead they are. That entire instance clear time should be illustrative. The Arx 2-4 and Arx 5 wins on the day on unlock should be illustrative. The fact that I had to listen for a month straight from Triton friends about how they were getting closer and closer to a win, then RoI walks in and one-shots it should be indicative. Right now we're talking about 'who figured out the stealth nerf first' instead of anything substantial.

Every time someone tries to make a point here that they believe actually means something, another puppy dies somewhere. I have absolute faith this is true, but I can't prove it. This thread was entertaining till about page fifteen. From there, I'm too addicted to the forums to close them, but I cry a little inside every time a Triton member bumps this thread with more 'we took months wiping and working on this awesomeness and beat you to the stealth nerf that RoI walked in and subsequently one-shot! nonsense. Its about time to cut your losses and move on.
    Truklin likes this.
  5. guado Augur

Ok.
  6. Kiillz Augur

[IMG]
    guado likes this.
  7. Bahdah Augur

/cough
    Esero likes this.
  8. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

9. Betenoire Elder

10. Bahdah Augur

so whose #3, #4, #5... ?? /hide, /sneak
  11. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

12. Axxius Augur

Your missing link is Beta. And the lockout reset function on Beta. This event was massively overtuned on Beta until the very end. ROI tried it there multiple times and finalized their strat there: DA ftw. And they executed that strat on live every week for 7 weeks without even trying to beat it straight up. It's not 'unlikely' at all. If this was not so, Qulas would be the first to deny DA tanking it. But instead, he dodged every single question about it and ordered his whole guild to keep their mouths shut about it.

Only when 2 other guilds beat the event straight up, ROI finally checked it out and started screaming that it's nerfed. But in doing so they only demonstrated that they haven't tried it straight up on Live before. Because it has not changed at all. It's still the same event. Those who tried tanking it without DA before and after Dec 9 can confirm that. Our logs show no change whatsoever in the vitali mobs' dps. They can hit for a lot more than 8k - that claim was pure bs, and you don't see even ROI people saying that anymore, because they probably checked their logs by now too. Neither do they claim that it was nerfed in the 2 days between our kills anymore. They have a tendency to backpedal and pretend that they never said the stuff they did. ;)

Pretty sure we've done that. Since when does that matter? :eek: Oh wait, that's Qulas' new angle, isn't it? That they farm raids faster than anybody else? And that's great because... reasons.

Hello there, Beybee! :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Atvar Augur

You do realize that RoI was getting ~20 minute kills on the one-off before anyone even came up with the idea to rank that raid by duration, don't you? The only raid that's ever taken RoI more than an hour to beat was Triunity.

I don't see anyone disputing Triton being #2 guild in game, but bragging about taking longer post-nerf than RoI did pre-nerf and not even optimizing for speed is /facepalm.
  14. Piemastaj Augur

More like beat raids faster AND spend less time raiding would be what ROI does. And I'm pretty sure it was you axxius who was all happy about a 20min win..... Think you brought up killing time first in this thread
  15. Axxius Augur

Me mentioning 21 min kill time was just to contrast the 2hr DA tanking fests that some other guilds had (that P&G twitch stream was really painful to watch). And Qulas' screen from your first post-DA win showed a 20 min time too, and that's seems optimized since then (or maybe you just returned to the DA strat cause it was faster). We'll optimize our times too. But we aren't as high dps as ROI. I doubt any other guild is. Your kills will still be the fastest.

So now the guild dps is a ranking metric, according to Maeryn? Or, perhaps, the speed of loot processing? What other new criteria that were never listed before are suddenly important now?

"We spend less time raiding" - wait, is that even a good thing? If you hate raiding so much...
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Qulas Augur

We attempted it once on our own on beta, that's it.

Is this where you pretend Plane of War raid wasn't nerfed like Battleblade?

You beat something fast, it makes you legit. We beat something fast, it's because... reasons? Flawless logic.

We felt it was nerfed because of how much faster the first waves in the event were dropping as compared to previous weeks. We usually were able to do all but the final wave in 10-12 minutes. And then another 10 or so minutes to kill the final wave. Where as that attempt we got every wave but the final wave down in about 5 minutes. So yes, it felt nerfed because of how much faster the event was dying.

When we heard you ( Triton ) were beating it in 20 minutes, which was about the time it took us to beat it, we knew that we could do a lot better. So we optimized our strategy and positioning and now have it down to 10 minutes. And as you so kindly mentioned, DA tanking takes a significant time to actually do as you are aware since you saw it happen live in the twitch stream. So tell me again how you think we were DA tanking when the event took us about 20 minutes to kill, which is around the same time it took you guys to kill.

By your logic this would mean Triton was DA tanking. Guess we can take away that legit claim you are so desperately trying for.
    Bahdah and Savager like this.
  17. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

18. Bahdah Augur

Challenge accepted !
  19. Enkel Augur

For starters, that is faulty logic. Guild #2 might have been 100% not able to beat it pre-nerf (dps checks, what have you), but was able to beat it after nerf because they made it easier, but still taken multiple attempts because it was hard to them. One would not expect them to cut through it like a hot knife through butter, because it was still difficult even after nerf for most guilds (if not every guild but one), but it wasn't even close to what it was. The only people that have actually beat it and truly understand how hard it was were the members of RoI that were there when we beat it, pre-nerf.

It was 100% adjusted after our win, that is a fact. It is not a matter of "perhaps" to make yourself feel better about your win. It was literally adjusted, and made so easy that we could cut the amount of dps on certain targets in half if we wanted (more, actually). Before nerf, on our first win, we needed literally every single person doing something. One person not doing their job right meant it was game over. After the nerf I could afk, on a intricate part of that raid (before nerf), grab some food (I did), and come back, and we only needed 1/3rd of the dps, if that, to do what we used to do prior, on my particular part. You literally have no idea what you're talking about, because you did not beat it when it was a brutal encounter. Our guild, which beat PoW several times before anyone else did, joked in vent how it became free loot, instead of a brutal encounter that could try our patience.

Your post, pertaining to PoW, is completely unfounded.
  20. Bryender New Member

Actually Triton beat the event in 13 minutes and 7 seconds, while the entire guild was in an intense group game of Bejeweled Blitz and Candy Crush Saga. We posted that initial time because we where certain that heads would explode.

This message has been approved by Supreme Commander Most Awesome Necro Cleric Evar Bryender
    Lisandra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.