Runtime Crash at Character Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceSy Augur

I am running Windows 8 and can't even get to Character select! It crashes out at the Server select.
  2. sully00 New Member

not for nothing but this is begining to be a weekly thing now you guys update something and screw up game play for days.... and do we ever....i mean ever get anything back ...well no ofcourse not i pay for multiple accounts everymonth and ever month you guys screw something up lately and i loose a few days of play every month for the last 3 moths now so yeah why cant we get a refund for the days we cant play?? or at least give us something in return for your constant screw ups
  3. sully00 New Member

hell tell me one update in the last 3 months that hasnt caused an issue/// would be nice to get what i pay foir wake up and do something right the first time
  4. Willox New Member

Somewhat same issue as IceSy, I am running Windows 8, my computer is 3 months old purchased at Best Buy. I've crashed a few times. I can still play but experience extreme amounts of lag in game. Had this issue roughly two months ago when a new patch went into play. All other games and my internet work fine. As for Everquest, like i stated above, I can play, but after a few minutes i get extreme amounts of sluggish movement/freezes. Hopefully this helps with resolving the issue.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/unable-to-start-everquest.210717/
    I didn't do anything to resolve this the last time. Another patch went through and resolved the issue once downloaded from the launcher.
  5. IceSy Augur

#140807-000405
  6. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

I couldn't agree more with this member. Why change something ever, if it worked. Did it have to be changed to affect game play better? Because if were gonna fix some things, how about fixing some things in the game play world and making them run more smoothly. The site had no issues i ever saw other then recruit a friend hasn't worked for me in 4 months. Any ticket i've submitted has been addressed and answered perfectly by CSR's or TSR's whatever title they are given now.

Can we please go back to the old style website and login. Unless you all are aware of some issue we aren't being advised of, I see no reason to revamp an entire system and implement it without testing it on test first.
    Derek likes this.
  7. Rangermadness New Member

Clicked on the link for the OS 64, WTG Microsoft, can't download an .EXE file when it isn't a .EXE file and can't open it. Windows 7 has no way to open and run this type of file. so it is useless
  8. Khaki New Member

9. Turugmar New Member

141021-000788

Sadly suffering the same here.

Can not log in properly.I managed to log in for once at Vox server,the day before;Alas not a single log in after a dozen of trials today.
  10. Turugmar New Member

I have deleted the files you had listed at the original post.Game assests are now being validated.Hopefully I will be back to Norrath soon.

Thank you and have a nice time.

Cheers !;)
  11. Derek Lorekeeper

141015-000970
    Ive had this problem on Cazic since about a week before TDS launched but it wasn't until the patch after the launch that it got really bad and I cant get into most zones. Like many Ive been playing the game since 2000 and not had any issues until the emergency patch the day after the launch and Ive made every change recommended to me including 4 complete reinstalls but no luck, all my friends have been having a great time with the new expansion and I'm stuck reading the forums and chatting with tech support. Now they're saying my modem doesn't support EQ when Ive been using it for years and after tomorrow when I get a new modem and it still doesn't work I don't know what I am going to do. I'm using windows 7.
  12. Somebody_Somewhere New Member

This was happening to me as well. I am running Windows 7 Ultra SP2 64bit OS. I had Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 installed (64 bit) and have been using this for years without issue. After I installed the OLD Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 (64bit) version... the issue was resolved. Kind of stupid that a newer version of MS Vis C++ would fail to provide the functionality that the older version does. But whatever.. I can play again and not crash at character select.
  13. Purple New Member

been playing fine on my ho 700 envy windows 8.1 and now I am getting an error code 1017 Not computer savy ...have no idea what to do to correct this issue...any help to a computer dumbbell would be appreciated
  14. goladith New Member

I logged in last night, no issues. Today I re-subbed and bought the new expansion, and suddenly crashing.

I've followed the directions here, done everything I could, even tried to completely re-install. Nothing helped. I even tried JAVA, at a suggestion of a guildie, thought it worked, nope.
  15. goladith New Member

Err, BTW, runnings Windows 7 64bit.
  16. goladith New Member

For some reason I can't edit... but here is my ticket number too. #141221-000657
  17. Cazmac Augur

From the misery of the above postings, I think I have been very lucky. For many years, I was playing EQ on a PC, running Windows XP, with only occasional problems which were eventually sorted out. Then my PC gave up! What did I do next? Well, don't tell anyone but I began running EQ in a Windows 7 Home Premium virtual machine, on a MacBook Pro; I know this is not allowed and can result in a ban. :( Then, I acquired a larger, more powerful iMac and installed a Boot Camp partition with my Windows 7 on it. Microsoft took a little persuasion that I had transferred their OS but eventually complied. This is how things stand at present and so far it has worked well. My PC gave out at the right time for transferring to Windows 7; funny how things turn out.
  18. ParttimeEQ1 New Member

I recently bought an HP ENVY laptop. It is junk and has never been able to play EQ. I can download the updates and get into the sign in screen. Once I log in it updates then crashes instantly every single time.

I doubt its an EQ thing though... this laptop doesn't do anything correctly and crashes on a lot of different programs.
  19. EQLOVER New Member

20. Bagaebro New Member

150126-001212 started after last weeks patches. Laptop is fine, desktop which I have used for the last 18 months crashes mostly at character select screen. sometimes at server select screen. Can get in 1 out of every 10 or so tries. Windowed mode locks up and crashes as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.