Arx Energy Crystals [Raid Currency]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by guado, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Maeryn Augur

Ok, so 25 clears and 5 wins along with the 3 bonus achievements gets 8 non-vis. Can you show off more of your elite math skills and let me know how many for 40 clears?

You're a rogue in a Top 5 guild, no focus effects decay the first event in the zone hands out your only weapon in the expansion on a regular basis. You're still in half T1 CotF gear, not sure how often CT does PoWar but you've spent little to no DKP for the past year and you think you're going to get the loot you want from TDS raids.

That's sweet, some of us aren't DKP leeches in Top 5 guilds. Your ability to screw over your guildmates to get the TDS loot you want is remarkable, make sure to bid up the prices on spell runes.
  2. Betenoire Elder

Yeah, I just returned to playing back in July of this year after a 3 year break. You can verify this via our DKP site whenever you please. I've spent 4,450 DKP in the last 5 months and change, and that is also easily verified via our DKP site. I KNOW I will get everything I want from Arx raids, and just so you know, runes aren't awarded via DKP in our guild, they go to buffers and healers first and trickle down, so I will most likely be LAST in my guild to receive my runes. Now, is there anything else you'd like to fail miserably on? Or anything else you'd care to assume you're right on? I'm here for you whenever you need me. You really are very angry, and class envy is bad mmkay. Are you on FV?. Your ability to assume you know everything is even more remarkable!

LOL so funny how much you failed in that post hahahahaha. You really do need a break dude, step away from the computer once in awhile and get some sun silly necro.

Also, I am not sure why you add 10 clears to your total from the last post. I am already more than halfway finished with Destroyer of the Praetor, and I am sure a few guilds must be very close, if not already, to completing this, so there is the first 250 right there 2 months in? Your numbers are not correct mathematician Maeryn.
  3. Maeryn Augur

Right, 12 items for 50, the min main bid it seems. 5 pieces of probably alt loot at 0. And cherry picked loot, T2 Ear, Arms, Legs, Weapon. With CT rarely doing Xulous Prime: http://www.crimsontempest.net/dfp/viewevent.php?s=00bcb1b385ab8a47826387b596e21d0d&e=198 making you take the plunge for a T2 ear. Then TDS came out:

First Trans - 2000dkp to the parasite who has been raiding for 5 months saving up for the day he screws over his guidmates
    Second Trans - 1100dkp to the class leader with 4.5 years of 97% attendance

Thanks for your permission to check the DKP site. Demoz, Vextral, Nasti, Landory and Teannin might be upset but I really don't care what happens on CT raids or how they distribute loot. I'm just pointing out that using yourself as an example isn't relevant to the vast majority of players since they aren't DKP leeches and/or in Top 5 guilds.

You added the 10 clears.

My post: 15 clears which is 1050 from 7 wins x 10 per x 15 clears and 3 x 250 for the achievements.

Your reply: 1800 + 750 which is 25 clears 25 x 7 + 5 + 3 ach 250 x 3 at which point you do indeed have 8 non-vis from currency but then it doesn't make a good comparison to 15 clears of every other currency type.
  4. Betenoire Elder

LOL no they are not upset at all, and yes 50 was min bid for items of that tier because no one needed them and I needed gear after 3 years off. Demoz has been in the guild for 2 days now, so fail again. Saving up, not sure how you get this, regardless of how you want to make it sound, I have spent that in DKP over the last 5 months, which is contrary to your "hasn't spend DKP in over a year". Not sure how you find that as leaching, I missed a day of checkpoints just about a month ago, and that dropped me in attendance to my current, but that should fall off any day now. Since you want to spout off names, why don't you go back and list those people attendance numbers, since you want to list only the ones that support your argument. Demoz has attended what, 4 raids total? He just landed on server yesterday. Teannin is at 29% attendance. Vex 58%. It's easy to just post names and not give the actuality of the situation. It is a DKP system, and only 3 rogues were above the 75% required attendance to be able to have first shots at the dagger, but I'm sure you didn't take the time to look at all that information because it did not support your agenda.

If you look, I have attended 12 Xulous raids during that 5 month span, and during those raids 6 acceptable earring dropped (heroic wise) for a rogue. I looted one, and most of the other 5 went to newer apps than me/alts. Since you want to assume again, please tell me how many items I have bought via currency during the CotF expansion? It doesn't make someone a DKP leach to purchase an item with currency, or to wait for the items they want to drop if they are not a liability to the guild via hp/heroics or dps foci. I'm unsure why you use the term "cherry picked" for those T2 legs and arms, those would be natural items to upgrade any time it was available, and I will do so again in Arx, and the only person that will be concerned about it, is you. I am also not sure why I am a bad person because I looted a dagger to increase my dps and improve my character. Rogues use daggers not sure if you are aware of this, it's our single most important piece of loot.

Apparently you do care what happens with our loot because you are concerned about DKP hoarding and how the others of my class in the guild feel about a dagger. Really, you should be concerned about yourself, and focus less on others. You are here complaining about a bunch of free Arx currency you get for some achievements, and have now resorted to calling people DKP leaches, who you know nothing about. I am exactly relevant to this discussion, because the vast majority of players aren't who this thread is intended. This is the end game zone for this expansion, and the vast majority of players aren't going to ever even raid this zone, so yes I am a shining example for this thread, given that the currency will benefit me a lot, as did CotF currency (thank you, the currency idea is really great and helps a lot of players and applicants get the items that are excellent examples of their class needs), having just returned to EQ the last expansion.

Edit = I just counted at least 9 items that I bought with currency in CotF (including my Kris of the Sol Dal FYI lol), 2 charms, dagger, range, 2 ear (bought a second twisted beryl then purchased the second Jahar that I currently wear, DKP for the other), neck, a ring and a mask. If that makes me a DKP leach the lol I guess I am, but to me, that's just using the resources available to me wisely.
  5. Betenoire Elder

Why do you insist on using less than 4 months of clears? Again, basing this on someone who joins a guild in May/April of next year is pointless. Just like I have shown you, the next expansion would be the one to be concerned about for chase items, and I am a perfect example. Thats like saying I should get everything I wanted in CotF, which I did not, and you so eloquently pointed out, that I was still in half CotF T1 gear, and now I am in prime shape to get all the stuff I would like in the new expansion. This expansion cycle is also I believe twice as long as those cycles in question, but I did miss several years and I may not be correct on that.
  6. Maeryn Augur

"They might be upset", you're not worth the time to check on each person individually, it's entirely possible they aren't upset. Sterilized might have felt you deserved the first dagger because you double his parses, there are a lot of things I don't know. What's abundantly clear is you have very little knowledge of game mechanics and abuse a DKP system.

"T2 legs and arms, those would be natural items to upgrade any time it was available"

No, they aren't, welcome back, just to get you up to speed:

http://www.crimsontempest.net/dfp/viewitem.php?s=00bcb1b385ab8a47826387b596e21d0d&i=31608

Elder Source of Creation would raise your added base damage from 40 to 82 for an item that has gone for 50 to 250 dkp so far.

http://www.crimsontempest.net/dfp/viewitem.php?s=00bcb1b385ab8a47826387b596e21d0d&i=31680

Darkwater Armguards have gone for 850 both times and would increase your added base damage from 40 to 45.

Other than that it's just stats in which case upgrading a T1 slot will provide a larger stat increase than upgrading a T2 slot let alone that most non-vis items will go for less DKP than T3 Arms.

Legs are even simpler, T1, T2 and TDS raid pants have the exact same focus and click. Some people with painfully little knowledge of EQ game mechanics think they need to upgrade melee pants just because if their Ferocity XII focus has more HP it will be a stronger focus.

This is not at all true, Ferocity XII works exactly the same on ever pair of raid pants from RoF, CotF and TDS. Upgrading this slot for a Rogue is just about more stats other than if you got Onyx pants from CToV upgrading to any other RoF/CotF/TDS raid pants would add the click.

http://www.crimsontempest.net/dfp/viewitem.php?s=00bcb1b385ab8a47826387b596e21d0d&i=31707

1300 and 1705 dkp for T3 pants and it's just a 1 tier stat upgrade. Horrible choice. You don't have the option of getting over 8 times the damage increase from a different item but that's way too much DKP to upgrade the stats on a slot you already have T2, it wouldn't even be a wise choice if you were wearing T1 Pants.

I realize you just returned recently so I'm trying to help you out. The gear path you describe is terrible, if you need more DKP advice feel free to contact me. You fail to grasp extremely basic concepts and think you need new arms and pants.
  7. Betenoire Elder

Arms are a cleave upgrade. Legs, partially correct, I was in hope of the poison that was summoned to be an upgrade, but that was without knowing that it wasn't prior to purchasing. Either way, the heroics on any given piece of armor is still an upgrade even if it is very minor, and if you look, the legs were a good purchase for me at the time given what I paid for them, so yeah I don't need your DKP advice. And as I said, I was not around for RoF, so my hoping the poison was upgraded is not a reach, and I am clearly spending DKP in contradiction to your DKP leach statement. I'd like to know how I abuse a DKP system when I've spent almost 5k DKP in the last 5 months sending it right back into the system and spread to others. The best part is that I will raid this zone enough, and have enough currency to purchase a whole set of gear from Arx. It's ironic that you are now telling me loot plans to best save DKP when before you accuse me of hoarding it. I do need new arms. I always like to be the best dps I can be, and with the new caps on ATK, any heroic strength upgrade increases my attack, and makes me better dps, even if only by a small margin. Take a look at rogue magelos, arms are always one of the first armor pieces upgrades. I am completely aware of how ferocity works thanks, been playing this rogue since April 2001. Maybe it's you that needs to grasp things a little better.

I will always try to min/max my toon for optimal dps, if that makes me terrible so be it. I spend my DKP how I see fit, as I am the one who earned it. And yeah I can afford the prices of most of the new gear in Arx atm, but I am glad you see what it is going for and understand why I am not!
  8. Maeryn Augur

Minimum 15 raids is required to factor in the TDS achievements at which point per clear works fine. using less than 15 and especially less than 10 would make TDS look worse. Just to make it simpler for you here is per clear
    • Jan - Nov 27, 2012 - 0.4 non-vis items per clear - 8 T4 VoA raids
    • Nov 28, 2012 - Feb 12, 2013 - 0.48 - 8 T2 RoF raids
    • Feb 13, 2013 - Apr 16, 2013 - 0.54 - 9 T2 RoF raids
    • Apr 17, 2013 - July 15, 2013 - 0.42 - 2 T3 RoF raids
    • July 16, 2013 - Oct 7, 2013 - 0.42 - 3 T4 RoF raids
    • Oct 8, 2013 - Jan 21, 2014 - 0.32 - 4 T1 CotF raids
    • Jan 22, 2014 - May 6, 2014 - 0.4 - 8 T1 CotF raids
    • Jul 23, 2014 - Oct 27, 2014 - 0.33 - 4 T2 CotF raids
    • Dec 2014 - ??? - 0.38 factoring in the ach - 7 TDS raids
    • ??? - ??? - 0.22 without the ach since the player has already completed them - 7 TDS raids
    It's not "bonus" for the achievements, with the ach it's pretty much in line with previous currency rates.

That Arx Mentis will likely be the top tier of raids for as long as Bronze Fiats and longer than anything else is indeed a basis for an explanation. If there was a spring expansion with more raids that also drop Arx Energy Crystals that would also work as a basis for an explanation.

But you also have to consider time to be relevant and three T4 RoF raids to get 0.42 non-vis per clear vs seven TDS raids to get 0.22 to 0.33 per clear still shows a considerable drop in reward rate regardless of the "silver lining" that you won't be able to upgrade TDS items for 4 times as long.

When one day SOE hires someone with a basic level of customer service skills rather than guessing at things like that we could just all watch the panel at SOE Live on TDS either in person or on the internet and see this person with a basic level of customer service saying something like:

"we have decided to lower the rate of raid item acquisition in TDS because <bla bla bla> we have completely destroyed raid spell acquisition rates because the fall 2015 expansion won't be a level increase and we feel spending 2 years beating the same raids over and over is an appropriate amount of time to get all your spells to Rk3."

Instead we saw the panel with the item dev letting people know there were 2 tiers of raids in TDS and no public information was posted to correct that ever by someone who works at SOE. Working as intended.
  9. Betenoire Elder

Sounds like you should take my advice and apply for the job then. Until then, well.
  10. Maeryn Augur

Arms are a Cleave upgrade T2 to T3 is 40 to 45. If you want to max/min get a Cultural aug and go from 40 to 82.

Rogue A: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2294295 with 121 added damage
    Rogue B: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3187276 with 45 added damage

Rogue A has more added damage than you and Rogue B put together while wearing the worst Arms. That Rogue B made a stupid purchase does not mean you making the same choice is a smart one. You're going to spend a boatload of DKP on 5 added damage while passing up 42 added damage this is not a smart choice.

Right now Necros get a significant increase from Arms (DoT vs DD crit mechanics, but since I already lost you on Cleave don't worry about that for now) while you're chasing 5 added damage. Necros can't stack up fire damage with cultural and have a harder time getting arms because people like you start drooling over 45 while passing up much higher possible totals.

Wow, you bought Legs because you're too lazy to check raidloot, gold star for you.

The Heroics and such are available from every piece of gear in the game. Just upgrade your mask or whatever and get more Heroics and such, Det Range focus has decay issues but it's a lot less relevant than decay on Fire/Heal focus (Arms) or Det Haste focus (Legs).

Right, you spent DKP on TDS for raiding CotF, that's what leeches do, if you just saved DKP forever it would be really pointless. 50 less on the TDS weapon to screw over the 97% for 4.5 years class leader than you spent on all CotF raids combined.

If you end up rocking Warchief augs, you're welcome. If you don't, I'm not surprised, lot of guys playing with painfully little knowledge of game mechanics who think they understand things so will never learn.
  11. Betenoire Elder

Believe what you like, I have had the pleasure of being a part of a couple of fantastic guilds, and have been a part of serveral Serverwide firsts with them. There are many who could, and would, vouch for my abilities both as a rogue and knowledge of the game. I have been around a long time and in that time, have created and maintained a very reputable name and image for myself. Feel free to check my references in TR or CT at any time.
  12. Betenoire Elder

I will upgrade those slot lol, as soon as I have the DKP or currency to do so!
  13. Betenoire Elder

Have fun Maeryn, you'd argue with a wall over what color it is. The currency given is adequate, spend whatever amount you get of it how you like. Good luck in the future lol.
  14. Maeryn Augur

Well for starters you would have 900+ more DKP to spend if you waited for the 2nd Trans to drop. All 6 Cultural augs combined went for 662 DKP.

I'm sure eventually you will get gear and if you keep the same attendance and guild you will get a bunch of TDS raid gear. I'm sure you will continue to make terrible choices.

http://www.crimsontempest.net/dfp/viewitem.php?s=7a0199a01f16a59f1f59314781d3f36d&i=12544

Prismatic Faycite, so much rot. Betenoire bidding on Gyro Cores and Pris Ess when added damage would be much more powerful relatively speaking to now. Are you smarter than you were in 2008? All your posts in this thread suggest no.

Do you want to max out your DPS or are you just another person chasing HP rankings on Magelo?
  15. Betenoire Elder

Wait for it.
  16. Maeryn Augur

17. Betenoire Elder

No, wait for you to continue arguing after someone says Good luck lol
  18. Vivamort Augur

I think he did, he sounds like a wizard that got banned from these forums a while ago named Fuvi, who is using a Necromancer's account to post now.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Maeryn Augur

What argument? I'm posting factual information that provides you with no benefit because your ego now prevents you from ever bidding on a TDS Cultural aug. The abuse you would take after this thread is far too high.

A lot of other people can also read the same posts and make appropriate dkp/merit/currency decisions. You're just a spam bot that's useful to highlight how someone who has "created and maintained a very reputable name and image for myself" knows so little about their primary focus effects. Don't feel badly if you're a rogue in a "mid-tier" guild and knew as little as Betenoire before reading this thread.

Next time I need you I'll snap my fingers and you or another spam bot just like you will come running and serve the same purpose.
  20. Betenoire Elder

I don't feel bad at all, I'd just rather get the 45 arms, I wouldn't ever bid on cultural augs both because I prefer full sets of gear and I hate tskills, or asking people to make my gear for me. I have to ask, are you trying to tell me that all the top end rogues above or below me on rankings, also do not know anything about their class? Yes I see that Ayvan uses some cultural, and I know her to be a huge min/maxxer as I was guilded with her in CT for several years /wave. Esero also uses, and out of the rest of the rogues on the first page (and no I am not saying those are the only ones that matter, but for this post we will keep it at those 50) 2 more use cultural in a slot. Are you really trying to tell me that 46 out of the top 50 rogues know nothing about their class because they don't stack a cleave modifier that is insignificant in terms of dps? Are you calling us all stupid? Are we also mostly DKP leaches because we have some CotF T1 gear on? Do we all abuse a DKP system? Please be clear because I am waiting to here this.

Next time you'll remember not to snap your fingers and worry about your own class, and not complain about everything a company that makes the game you play so often, does as far as choices about currency (which they don't have to give you at all) or their customer service choices.

Edit = Actually who am I kidding, you'll still argue.