TDS Off Raid 1 Tita's Ghost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axxius Augur

There you go! Hard to find logs in the middle of the night, but here, just for you:

Code:
    [Tue Dec 09 22:48:00 2014] A phasmia vitali hits Quinum for 18595 points of damage.
    Quinum is a paladin, and all our tanks hit their defensive stuff on the final wave. So that's a vitali hit on a disced paladin.

So nope. Try harder. If it was nerfed since we beat it - then it's you who found and beat a nerfed event.

Actually, it makes sense - there was a patch between our win and yours.
  2. Axxius Augur

Previous ROI win of this event (DA and all that) was last Sunday. Our legit win was Tuesday. ROV's legit win was Wednesday. There was a patch on Thursday, and a hotfix on Friday. Now it's Sunday again, and the event is supposedly nerfed.

What would a reasonable person think about the timing of the nerf?
    a) it was nerfed in the patch or hotfix;
    or
    b) it was nerfed between Sunday and Tuesday.

But in ROI, the glorious leadership proclaims that it was nerfed in those 2 days between our kills. Because they said so! And a pack of them jump here to diminish our win, throw feces and make animal sounds. Not a single one trying to apply logic or reason. They aren't called Realm of Reason after all. :D
    Genoane likes this.
  3. Hatsee Augur

[Sun Dec 14 19:54:07 2014] A phasmia vitali hits Foob for 80 points of damage.
    [Sun Dec 14 19:56:52 2014] A phasmia vitali hits Ebonylight for 17029 points of damage.
    Woo, look I found a high hit today too.
  4. Seldom Augur

I've never played on same server as Triton/Realm of Insanity and have heard of the guilds accomplishments even in periods when I wasn't doing much forum/rankings browsing. Needless to say, I think both of their raiders and leadership have been doing something very right. Props to two power house guilds still doing their thing in EQ, can see some of the competitive spirits even in a thread like this. Reminds me of when EVERY server had a forum with debates like these going on :(
    Smokn and guado like this.
  5. Pwnography Augur

Although I can't say I care too much, this thread is giving me a headache, I can't leave it alone (I have a forum addiction,) and chances are we'll be headed back in there tomorrow given all our main events are locked out. As an individual who tested this raid in beta (~5 times), in the first week of release, and a handful of times since - I'll come on back and here and post what I see. It sounds like a nerf has been implemented. Exactly how much of a nerf, I have no idea (I haven't seen it this week.)

I'll be more than happy to come back here and report what I see when comparative to past logs of the event at release, attempts, and our recent win. At that point, I'll let you know if it was nerfed into oblivion, nerfed a little bit, or damn near the same as when I saw it last.

I have no doubt that Realm of Insanity caters to the best of the best. Whether that's simply elitists with flexible schedules, trust fund kids, or whatever other reason makes someone hardcore - I'm not about to question their dominance or how tight their game is. That's been solidified for some time. In a game where six to seven day a week raiding guilds, for five to six hours minimum, used to be common on most servers -- RoI is the last bastion of that "whatever it takes" mentality that used to be pervasive among the top guilds in the PoP era. It's a reminder of how this game had to be done in a competitive spawn environment, and I appreciate that they exist for nostalgia alone.

What I will be able to say is "yes, no, or maybe" this got nerfed to hell and maybe interject a fairly neutral voice here (unless the Developers would be so kind as to actually tell us, because hell, hotfix notes -- wouldn't that be novel.)
    guado and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. Insaneox Augur

Kind of like the hot fix allowing people to get raid in katta! No notes added for that either sounds like this event was gimped hardcore.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

And that's a hit on a Druid, if I recall the class of a former guildmate correctly. Hi Ebonylight!

Druid is hit for 17029 and disced Pally for 18595. I'd guess that just maybe the event was nerfed after Pally and before Druid.

Nerf or no nerf. Mages, BL's, and even Necros pet tank. It's what pets do. Druids and Necros have been known to kite mobs and kill them. You can find threads on how to pet tank or kite.

In raids such strategies are rarely the apparent developer intent, sometimes tolerated despite this, and sometimes events are designed or changed to prevent doing such things. Afaik no guild has been suspended or banned for doing either.

Unlike pet tanking or kiting I've not been aware of DA/Preincarnation as a commonly used molo or group tactic. Is it a variant of an AE group or are there DA/preincarantion Swarming groups I've not been aware of these 15 years?

I know for a fact that using DA to evade Vish's mechanics was not intended by devs. I was there went an invis SOE employee told a former guild to stop doing it since its not intended to be used that way.

It seems to me (being neutral and all) that a frequent stone throwing guild had a stone next to their house. I'm not outraged if a guild uses a gray area tactic. That's between them and SOE. At absolute most I'm merely mildly amused. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, I've been around, you ain't gunna snow me.

Is DA/Preincarnation how SOE intended this raid to be done? Are you kidding?????

Will SOE punish any guild that did it? I highly doubt it.

Will SOE take some measures to prevent DA/preincarnation recovery when in fact you've all but wiped? Probably.

Although in this case if guilds just spent more time working out the tactics they would have either done it /cough "legit" or the nerf would have made doing it /cough "legit" possible for them. Either way /cough "legit" was on their horizon and they choose a gray area alternative.
    guado likes this.
  8. Szeria Elder

We killed this raid Sunday December 7th adds hit for 40k each.

We killed this raid Sunday December 14th (yesterday) adds hit up to 20k

I dont know what you consider a Nerf but... Posting 1 highish hit on needed version of fight (when that is very low hit on normal version of fight) and saying it wasn't needed is absurdity. Post your entire tank log or nothing at all.
  9. Szeria Elder

Nerfed* dumb galaxy note 4 still learning Eq lingo
  10. Battleaxe Augur

1. The posts by Axxius and Hatsee seem to indicate that a nerf may have occurred after Triton did it on the 9th and before whoever did it on the 14th. Druids don't take lower hits then disced Paladins. (Which is a narrower window than what you posted but not inconsistent with your post. Both could have happened).

2. Which doesn't change the fact that DA/preincarnation is not a common substitute for tanks MTing (rampage tanking is not MTing) unlike pet tanking or kiting. The gray area substitute for developer intent was not needed - at the very worst a nerf would have made the intended approach doable. IF DA/preincarnation was an acceptable approach why nerf - a nerf wouldn't be needed.

Or you'll purge the top 5ish guilds from your website? Lolololol! I think we're past the arm twisting/we want to conduct a fishing expedition in your logs stage.
  11. Maeryn Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...nomia-progression.215601/page-14#post-3155259

Ok, 2 hours and 8 minutes for six Arx Events. Guessing he played an alt or skipped raids and it didn't actually take them 100 minutes for Argin-Hiz. Anniversary rankings were based on fastest time so even if it did take 100 minutes it wouldn't affect that ranking.

So after you beat Defense, you have 5 options for the next raid, clock starts as soon as the chest spawns so don't slack on loot. Vitio - 10min, Arx2 - 17min, Ghost - 22min, Arx4 - 24min, Arx3 - 25min and once you get around to it Arx5 - 30min.

We raid Sunday – Thursday; 7:30 – 11:30 EST according to your website so if that's up to date you could post your Thu and Sun lockouts right now.

If you just want to stick with the "real" race to beat content for the first time in the EGL time stamp era already have some information which is easily verifiable in game. Triton beating their 2nd or later event on the same day:

Xulous Prime - 2h 24m 40s - RoI 15m 47s
    Houses of Thex - 1h 9m 56s - RoI 33m 20s
    Hate Rising - 1h 25m 58s - RoI first raid of night
    Legacy of Bayle - 32m 21s - RoI 16m 50s

Or of course a couple of recent RoI times for first wins:

Arx3 - 33m 23s - Triton 2 days
    Arx4 - 34m 18s - Triton 9 days

But you know RoI probably couldn't beat Ghost "legit" since they just aren't on Triton's level.
    Shang likes this.
  12. Denyu Lorekeeper

I hate to break this to you, but if 18595 is the highest hit you can find on a disced pally, you walked into a nerfed event. Your log should be flooded with 30-40k hits. Even with Guardian running. Maybe next time consider some possibilities or changes and factor them into an argument before you go spouting off.
    Esero, Ravengloome and Behelit like this.
  13. Betenoire Elder

Badgers.
    Loratex likes this.
  14. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Yes I am and still trolling the boards far after DH? lol. Hi guy. I miss Vashon but I has Janistin!

The event was nerfed. Plain and simple. I dont care who thinks who is right, wrong, legit or whatever. Who the hell cares? You people are spending more time on this thread then you do raiding and now who needs a life for wasted time? Apparently I do cause I read a few pages of this crap. Go do something productive ffs. All of you.
    Kiillz likes this.
  15. Imrahil Augur

Funny thread, really.

Since I don't care much anymore about "the race" I can really enjoy this.

PS: Kudos to all who are pushing really hard.

Trying to make it sound that in any way, shape or form your guild is ahead of RoI by whatever obscure special measurement you are using though is entertaining, nothing more.
    Enkel, Iila and Shang like this.
  16. Adanted New Member

Just for and gigs I pulled up my logs.

[Tue Dec 09 23:14:37 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 6696 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 09 23:14:37 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 09 23:14:37 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 16737 points of damage.

This was a max hit while running only Defensive Proficiency. Highest I could find at least.

[Tue Dec 09 23:33:21 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 122 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 09 23:33:21 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 12509 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 09 23:33:21 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 122 points of damage.

This was max hit while running Last Stand Rk. III.

So as Axxius has been saying the nerf happened sometime AFTER we beat it. There was no patch or hotfix between when RoI won on Sunday and Triton won on Tuesday. The hotfix and patch was Thursday i think
  17. Hatsee Augur

Err, they still hit hard, just not often.
  18. Abazzagorath Augur

What are you talking about? Your log bits there PROVE it was nerfed BEFORE you beat it.

Those vitali hit for 46000 as of December 7th.
  19. KreacherX New Member

Wait a minute, are you saying that would make Triton the ONLY guild to beat it pre nerf and legit ?
  20. Adanted New Member

[Thu Dec 04 22:50:26 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 12544 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:26 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:26 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 10712 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:26 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:26 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 15398 points of damage.

[Thu Dec 04 22:50:29 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 9373 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:29 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:29 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 5357 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:29 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:29 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 4018 points of damage.

[Thu Dec 04 22:50:32 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:32 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 6696 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:32 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:32 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 15398 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:32 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 4018 points of damage.

[Thu Dec 04 22:50:37 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:37 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 5357 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:37 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:37 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 6696 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:50:37 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 16737 points of damage.

Our previous attempt on December 4th. This is with just Defensive Proficiency running.

[Thu Dec 04 22:57:33 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 9373 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:33 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:33 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 4018 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:33 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:33 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 8703 points of damage.

[Thu Dec 04 22:57:35 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 1048 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:35 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:35 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 2536 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:35 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:35 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 12204 points of damage.

[Thu Dec 04 22:57:38 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:38 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 3174 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:38 2014] a phasmia vitali was hit by non-melee for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:38 2014] A phasmia vitali crushes YOU for 9974 points of damage.
    [Thu Dec 04 22:57:38 2014] A phasmia vitali hits YOU for 9230 points of damage.

With Defensive Running.

So again, it was NOT nerfed. The mobs hitting for 45k are the Ledalus and they were still hitting for that much when we did it.

If it was ninja nerfed it was done before our last attempt before the win on December 4th meaning it was nerfed for you too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.