TDS Off Raid 1 Tita's Ghost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifeshriek Augur

roi has lifeshriek ye
    Aldren and Iila like this.
  2. Romance Augur

Guys, get to PoWar, please
    Enkel, Bahdah, Qulas and 4 others like this.
  3. Bryender New Member

You guys post really, really fast. I would post a picture of Michael Jackson eating popcorn, but it will not be relevant by the time I find it.
  4. Abazzagorath Augur

IBTL!

This whole thing is making me laugh.
  5. Savager Augur

but its not progression...
  6. Smokn Augur

*popcorn* I cant stop laughing
  7. Adanted New Member

No one is debating you beat this expansion ahead of everyone. This is the first expansion locked behind flagging and keys in a long time and you got the guild flagged ahead of everyone, ghost chests and all :p.

I was speaking more generally like beating the first raid in this expansion at 3:30 am EST, Tier 1a (3 guilds won day 1), 1b (14 guilds won day 1), Burn Out (6 guilds won day 1), Journey Home (11 guilds won day 1), Rof complete (3 guilds day 1) and so on and so forth.

All of those #1's came strictly because of being on earlier, calling off work to start raids at server up at 12-1pm est, etc. Not taking anything away from you guys its speaking more to how we rank guilds in general. If we rank them how we do now then RoI will always be number 1 as long as they have the people willing to dedicate their lives to EQ.
  8. Sottovoce New Member

is that why it took you guys 15+ minutes to beat tita's ghost? i mean i'm no chef but even cooking popcorn only takes like 60 seconds, it shouldn't account for the 7+ minutes of event time you guys are sucking on
  9. Enkel Augur

Man, what kind of industrial, futuristic, microwave do you have!!!
  10. Atvar Augur

Funniest thing is it that it takes longer for Triton to beat the event post nerf than it did RoI pre nerf.
  11. Hatsee Augur

So the event was nerfed quite a lot. Sometime after our last kill and before Triton's kill.

Can't believe the last few pages only exist because either they didn't know it was cut down to an almost reasonable level or they wanted to troll. Seems as though everyone would have been better off discussing the changes to see if it's appropriately tuned yet.
    Behelit and Qulas like this.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Still over tuned due to number of the caster only mobs on last wave, since they weren't nerfed. But definitely night and day difference with the vitali hitting for 15k max.
    Qulas likes this.
  13. Iila Augur

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Bryender New Member

Thank you Illa, there it is TAAA DAAA! I love this one!
  15. Atvar Augur

I don't think you'd find anyone who agrees with this more than RoI itself. RoF was terrible in this regard, as simply logging in meant victory for many guilds. RoI welcomes challenging raids that takes raiding long/weird hours on launch day out of the equation. At least we've gone past this point in TDS. Everyone should be keyed at this point, and it's a matter of simply finishing the expansion which nobody else has done yet.

At least CoTF had PoWar raid that was brutally hard and showed a clear distinction in guild ranking.
    Savager and Qulas like this.
  16. Enkel Augur

Your use of diction states otherwise. By saying lives, you're connoting that we put all things aside for EQ progression. Time, would be a more fitting. When you take into consideration progression that takes longer than a day, the margin between RoI and other guilds increases:

VoA-
    RoI: 1-10-2012
    MS: 2-18-2012
    SoD: 2-23-2012

RoF t1-2
    RoI: 12-04-2012
    MS: 12-11-2012
    IL (the good one): 12-16-2012

Lord Kyle Bayle:
    RoI: 5-21-2014
    MS: 5-29-2014
    SoD: 6-01-2014

TDS Finished:
    RoI: 11-26-2014

PoW pre-nerf:
    RoI: 6-23-2014

We don't spend our "lives" raiding, we take time out of our Sunday night to raid, and complete all current content, then take the next 6 days off. When longer progression hits, we spend less time than others completing the content, then putting it on farm status. We spend 1/2-1/4 the time most guilds do per event, and then go back to spending time with our families, and for the rest of the week. People claiming we drop everything to play the game is not only a knock on us in game, but an insult to our actual lives, believe it or not. Eventually the unfounded comments, that usually lack any semblance of factual information, eventually gets old.
    Qulas likes this.
  17. Shang Augur

People make fun of us when expansions launch because we start raiding twice a week instead of once a week.

But since we're #1 we have no lives. It's a fun string of jealousy.
    Qulas likes this.
  18. Smokn Augur

so it takes you that long to get to the last wave n all die to do your DI trick good gosh oh my!
  19. Corlen-Xeg Elder

ROI has had unprecedented successes in the past six years. This is largely due to the skill and devotion of the members in the guild. Others are jealous of this fact and we get threads like this.
    Iila and Qulas like this.
  20. Sottovoce New Member

well yeah, we use the divine intervention line, it's a pretty critical spell to cast on tanks in case they happen to take a bad round from the thing(s) they're tanking

do your clerics not use that spell? maybe that's part of your problem
    Savager, Iila, Enkel and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.