DPS for a few classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Behelit Augur

lol @ AEing on General's adds, as that implies General was alive long enough to spawn his adds.... not sure how thats possible but ok.

and Argin Hiz isnt parse padding, we AE the Imps. last I checked the Imps need to be killed to progress the event script so not sure how thats equatable to killing General's adds on Bixie1.

And again I'm not claiming DH2 was a bad event for Zerkers. It was one event though, and the fact that the adds were decap'able from day 1 was a big part of that. The same way how Wiz's didnt want to be tuned around +bonus dmg on nukes against an invisible raid-boss tag, I would rather not be tuned against an event with all decap'able adds when thats not something consistent from event to event (or common at all frankly).

Mages get more ADPS on a burn from Ench's since they dont have a 250% crit dmg mod themselves like a Wiz does. Wiz might get more from an Ench in the long haul but even that I find hard to believe given Crit Dmg is the big mod for Mage Rains which is a staple of their weave/dps.

Mages were still topping event combineds in CotF long after the beam nerf... that was far from crippling, it just made it so they couldn't double everyone else's damage for the night.
    Enkel likes this.
  2. Shang Augur

I'm willing to say Behelit is a higher parser than any of your zerkers.

I'm willing to say our Necros are the strongest in the game. The four of them combined outdps midtier guilds on longer fights.

I'm willing to say Piemastaj and Enkel are the two strongest magicians in the game.

I stand by my previous rankings.
  3. Bahdah Augur

4. Amor Augur

Pretty bold claim. Guess you have played on every server and with every person playing those classes.
    Brogett likes this.
  5. Pwnography Augur

Forgive me for being naive here, but could someone explain to me the Efreeti Standard situation? Why is this the situation, and to which classes are seeing the benefits? Is this a new standard for raiding? :p

Also, how are these parses comparing when combined with, say, the no longer dropped Mosscovered?
  6. Behelit Augur

Amorcen.
    best.
    necro.
    ever.

I <3 you

also Enkel crushes all
    Enkel likes this.
  7. menown Augur

I thought you <3 me?
  8. Kunon Augur

I guess the rest of us are just chopped liver compared to he who walked the lands of Norrath with the largest forehead in recorded history.
  9. Behelit Augur

dont get jelly ladies, Amorcen was just the one who got away. you all still have a place in my harem..er I mean heart.
  10. Amor Augur

You two crack me up.

I'm not ever going to lose the forehead stigma it seems. Haha Kunon.

Remember Behelit I'm still big spoon when it's cuddle time, now go make me a pot pie. :p
  11. Bahdah Augur

that that sh to tells !
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Ring of Valor has some of the best played rangers in the game. They are not competitive on parses, however, because of the abundance of skilled magicians, beastlords, rogues, and (particularly) wizards. If some of RoV's rangers were in lesser DPS guilds (not even necessarily lesser guilds in general) they would be staples on the parse. Hard to feel good about your DPS when you're getting squeezed off the summary every night by 10 monster dpsers. Rangers can bring a lot of things to the table, beating out a well-played caster/bst/rogue/zerk isn't one of them. Then again beastlords can bring a similar amount of utility to the table and monks really can't anymore (what exactly do monks bring to the table apart from mediocre dps in a raid setting these days?).

Monks need a pretty solid boost in their activated abilities IMO. Rangers need a small boost in their activated abilities and access to 19 delay weapons with currenter-than-cotf-tier1 ratios. Pretty much done banging my head against the screen about the latter topic and thankful I play a wizard.
  13. Hatsee Augur

Meh, our necromancers got swift dots nerfed, what did yours do?

<3
    Enkel and Romance like this.
  14. Brogett Augur

It doesn't work - not quite. There are a few problems to address.

1) Monks, rogues, probably many others, get short duration procced buffs. They may be up for say 50% of the time in normal game play, but end become 100% on in the guild hall leading to inflated numbers.

How to correct: run the parse twice, once with the buff on and once with it blocked. Then analyse the logs and work out what %age of time the buff should actually be active and take appropriate proportions from each parse.

2) Attack vs AC formulae isn't well understood, and neither do we really know the raw AC of the mobs. Guild hall dummies are light blues, which mean we massively downplay the attack effect. Classes with self buffs that boost attack don't get that properly accounted for.

How to correct: tricky! Try using test server arena dummies with lots of "/increase mitigation" messages until they start to get player-DI spreads approaching normal mobs. That's somewhere around 75-100 messages in my experience, but it needs more research for sure.
  15. Brogett Augur

I understand the point (if in top 10 then implies few of the other classes), but actually it's still irrelevant in whether you need to be top of the pile for buffage. For that the number of classes played doesn't matter, but where you fit relative to them does. If rangers consistently beat berserkers say but aren't in the top 10 because a guild has loads of wiz and rogues, then that's OK - they're not in top 10 so need a buff? Of course not!

The relative ranking isthe only real thing that matters, and IMO rangers are doing very well given their all-round status.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Ring of Valor magicians are overrated.

Especially the high elves...

On a serious note, magicians should be losing to wizards on a burst parse (which we are). However we should be close to wizards on long parses (which we are not)...
  17. Vlerg Augur

make chromatic haze work on rains?
  18. gcubed Augur

I as a group ranger have almost always had more DPS on my wish list (be honest, it is on everyones). That pretty much stopped with TDS. Something else has popped to the top of my wish list.

What is up there now, you say? Well, I would like it if when my Ensnare AA lands on a TDS mob that it would... you know... um... actually snare the mob. I am not talking about mobs that are immune to such things or resist it (happens a lot more than it use to), but the snare actually lands on the mob. You see it land in battle spam and the icon appear in its buff/debuff window.

So fix my snares.

Oh, and after that, more DPS, please.
  19. Ploww Lorekeeper

Gm's it's time for a new best vs best on test server. Give out something worthwhile !
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Ploww

You know that means we are going to have to throw down.

and /wave.