Potion sales on Double EXP weekends

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Another fun thing taken away from us.
    Dibab likes this.
  2. Dibab Augur

so goes the theme of Free to Play Our way not Yours.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The whole game is artificial if you want to go down that road ;)
    Obiziana likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess SOE wasn't making enough money off potion sales to justify the double exp weekends anymore.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You must hate having to be the one to announce that.
  6. Cerris Augur

LoB COULD use a couple more tanks and it's always double XP here. Just tossing that out there.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

One doesn't get much more limited in places to use experience potions than "the inside of a single Heroic Adventure" for a year. Welcome to a less limited list of places to use exp potions than some players were employing while using them.

And how exactly would reducing their purchase of experience potions accelerate the experience gain of people who argue that they need to catch up? Lessee, I want to gain experience faster - don't use Lesson of the Devoted and don't use exp potions....check. Lol.

When peppering a forum with complaints about SOE not wanting "the way that some players experience EverQuest for the next year to be from the inside of a single Heroic Adventure." it's probably best not to lament that experience potions may not encourage behavior SOE would like discourage.

Iirc exp potions seldom increase mission success rewards. If the mission claim menu says Option 1 Experience Option 2 AA Experience Option 3 Player Flags those rewards are not increased by using a potion.

Iirc they do increase per kill rewards in level appropriate static and some instanced content. There is every reason to continue buying them and using them in appropriate content if you want to accelerate your experience gain.

But I imagine OP knows that.
  8. Edrick Augur

How does double exp make things more fun? I don't get that part.
  9. Zantor Augur

Wow, what will SoE do next to piss off its customer base. Already got hundreds of pages of people not happy with how SoE is doing things now and no double XP weekend on a major holiday? o_O
    Ishtass likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You seriously can't figure out that most people enjoy progressing through their exp grind twice as fast? Holey lack of empathy Batman! :)
    Ishtass, Mesc and Elskidor like this.
  11. Elskidor Augur

Go on a 3 hour grind, and return with 6 hours worth. Profit.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

13. Kekenewah Journeyman

I was actually going to buy my 3 accounts the new expansion this weekend expecting there to be double experience like every other Thanksgiving. Given this post by SOE I have decided to move on to greener pastures given how SOE seems to be doing everything in their power to destroy this game I have played for 15 years.
    Ishtass and Metanis like this.
  14. Battleaxe Augur

I bought my 1 account the new expansion the day it came out rather than delaying a month or two and as as result falling behind those who logged in and played.

Some players (not necessarily the poster above) do their best to negatively affect how quickly they progress and despite 15 years of experience playing the game blame SOE for the result.

Yes, by not cherry picking EQ and going Gold only when one gets the greatest reward for the least amount of effort, people who play double experience or no double experience max their level and AA's in a few months and throw away experience for the rest of the year. Still, better that then to always be behind, play a less powerful character than you could be playing, and to always expect SOE to ride to the rescue.

If one wants to be caught up it might be advisable to pay and play like you want to be caught up. Thirty days x 1/2 hour of LoTD/day is a fair amount of accelerated exp gain lost - but that's none of my business.
  15. drkoli Augur

You can use xp pots in TDS HAs!
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know I use and need double exp weekends to keep caught up in EQ and I have had several subscriptions constant through out the 15 years I have played the game. For those of us with lives outside EQ the double exp weekends were a godsend to give us a chance to keep caught up.

Personally I would like to see double exp weekends on regular weekends though so they don't impact family time during holidays.
  17. Brohg Augur

I noticed a while back that I have a tendency to avoid double exp weekends. It was an subconscious thing before it was a conscious thing, but really it feels like going to a bar on St.Patrick's Day (which I also avoid). I just log on Monday and congratulate people on their levels & AA /ach.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I never avoided double exp days though I suspect if we had one this weekend it may have been one to avoid. SOE has really reduced the number of places to double exp if you are level 101 plus. I also never got to double exp as much as I wanted to due to real life but the time I could put in was well worth it. I would burn 2 or 3 50% exp bonus potions and it let me get through more aa for all those days I couldn't log in or logged in but couldn't exp for whatever reason.

When you spend a lot of EQ time on non exp things such as helping guildies etc the double exp really helps. I think the ones hurt the most by all the changes to EQ in the last month have been the casual players. I still have no idea whether I will get all my T3 group gear before the next expansion and the more time spent on that means less time helping guidies... *sighs*
  19. Battleaxe Augur

There are so many places to use double experience once you give up staying in old and therefore should be obsolete content. With 5-10x more calendar days allocated then are actually needed to rech max level and max AA one would have to be a bit beyond merely "casual" to fail to keep caught up.

I think SOE realizes that you can't make efforts for casual players to get caught up like Heroic characters and offering DH HA's for a year and then allow the plenty of opprotunity player an extremely low effort same AA result alternative to playing like a caught up/ready for current content player.

Offer next to 0 effort/same results and everyone would choose that - to the detriment of the game.

Offer occasional catch up assistance (have you noticed that to catch up with people who are ahead generally requires MORE effort than they are expending rather than 10x less effort?) interrupted by periods of play EQ like a gamer and perhaps with the easy path removed those expecting same result with less effort will expend a bit more effort.

We all have lives outside EQ. Some of us also have some time in our lives and the inclination to play some EQ. Some don't.
  20. Insaneox Augur

Your correct the casual player is hurt those hardcore its limited affect on. Most are already max with in days of release and fully progressed within weeks.