Burden of the Past - mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flavius22, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

Ok, so i spent over an hour getting to the captain Gurshok part of the quest. Then i wiped. Now i can't zone back in cause the captain insta aggroes which means insta death. Who designed this garbage? What a waste of my time. I'm done with EQ, thanks devs. Subs expired today i'm not renewing.
    Mediik and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Edrick Augur

See ya!
    Stubar, roguerunner and Kiillz like this.
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I wiped to this mission 3 times. All 3 were because I died and my dots killed the captian, due to the most part of bad strategy. I actually enjoyed it, it was nice to have a challenge in this easy expansion.
    I don't know which is funnier you quitting over an hour of time that you ended up wiping to a mission or the fact that you would lie to say your sub just happened to run out today.
    CIHYS?
    Kiillz likes this.
  4. SaderakhBertox Augur

I really liked this mission. I was happy to do it more than once too. In fact, as soon as I'm ready to sit down and play today, I'm going to ask if anyone would like to do it again. I got Time Trial done, just need for everyone to stay alive. PuGs! =)

I hope you gave/give it another go.
  5. Drayze Elder

Geez.....imagine if you couldn't summon your corpse to the guild lobby and had to wear mage summoned armor to do a corpse run....you know the good old days.......I'm beginning to think if EQ started today at its original state with better graphics it wouldn't last very long with the "easy mode" attitude in today's gaming community.
  6. smash Augur

Problem is that there no way to get back into mission, and make a recovery, except for starting over. At least that is what I did.

Maybe there is, if can place a campfire in somewhere safe spot.

But zone in, should be a lot further away from the fight spot, imo.
  7. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

First off, my subs did expire yesterday and i did not renew them because of this, so don't go around calling people liars. It just so happened that they were expiring on the same night i was doing this progression. Secondly, i am pointing out the obvious issue with the mission where you can't zone back in once you engage the captain because as soon as you zone in you get 1 shot, thus having you drop the mission and re-do the whole damn thing again. My anger is not about the difficulty or length of the mission, it's about the faulty mechanic that was programmed into this mission. That's all i'm going to say on the subject, i have said my peace.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. gcubed Augur

We got back in after a wipe with the captain up. It requires a little bit of luck and zoning in with a cleric merc. If you have a mitigation or avoidance disc, have that running as you zone in.

When you zone in, the captain will be just behind you and immediately agro. With a bit of luck you won't be stunned. Start moving away from him as quickly as you can, chances are he will be in the process of killing the cleric merc. Move far enough from the captain's spawn point that it will tether when it chases you. You will want to be out of line of sight of the captains spawn point. Recover the corpses, when the merc's respawn timer is up, bring it out and have it rezz the rest of the group.

If you have a full group of players, drop a DPS player from group (NOT from mission), rezz in the rest of the group with your healer. Drop the merc, readd the DPS player and have your healer rezz them in.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I got back into the mission after a wipe (our PUG Rogue didn't understand the add mechanic, went full burn on the Captain) and managed to recover a win. The guards were all beating on the quest guy, so it's just the Captain that auto-aggros. I'm a tank and zoned in first, activating melee immunity abilities (Flash of Anger, Fortitude Discipline, Divine Aura clickies) once inside and waiting on the rest of my group to arrive. Once everyone is inside, take down the Captain with controlled DPS switching off to kill adds as she calls them over (about every 20%), or mez them and kill the crazy Dwarves one at a time.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think mobs should be auto aggroing on a zone in. That needs to be fixed.
  11. Edrick Augur

They aren't auto aggroing per say, it's that the zonein puts you right on top of the mobs. Its the same thing in the end, though.

I do think the zone in should be moved into the hallway before the chapel so you can recover from a wipe. Your punishment is losing time trial and toughness achievements, so you can at least get the progression done and recover your corpses. You could try mentioning this in a /feedback, but I bet the best way would be to PM the developer that designed the zone. I am not sure who did it. I think it was Ngreth, but it might have been Rytan.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I havn't wiped to this yet, to experience the re-zone in issues, but given how it works I think Edrick's post above would make an excellent fix.

Alternatively, make the mission auto fail on a wipe and have a nice reset spot and stuff. Ideally with continuing at your last set of hails.
  13. lancelove Augur

All the guards and the capn are leashed. What I did was use my cleric to cast DA on her (or my ranger) to zone back in after the wipe and back peddle up the stairs and into the room. (You have to go deep into the room as sometimes the guards will get halfway in before they leash back.) After they leash you are off the aggro list. Of course you then have to DA or WS to go /corpsedrag and get set back up.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not looking forward to this one before its fixed.
  15. Kaliblessed New Member

How are people pulling the mobs in the first phases of this mission? When you have 4 or 5 of them. I tried pulling on my bard but they never come. Sometimes one will come after a few minutes, but i've seen that if u don't engage soon enough, sometimes they even despawn. We had our sk tank pull single, but eventually all of the mobs would just come at once.
  16. Tyreel Augur

Use any Punt/Hates Attraction/Moving Mountains followed by a full fade type ability (not normal FD)
    Then you can pull that single mob in with out getting a mass pull later, as long as no one is healing/buffing the puller(watch that merc cleric).
  17. silku Augur

Ae tash, ae mez. kill profit.
    Shiea likes this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

As long as you're bringing a full group, it's not that bad. I could see groups with tank mercs and healer mercs and 1-2 real players having trouble though.
  19. Vannie Journeyman

Captain uses line of sight agro and also corpse camps. First thing to do is have someone with fade pull him into the pit and fade him there. Then you can kill the guards one at a time. Even if you don't have a way to fade him down there it may be worth it for you to sacrifice someone and drag their corpse.
  20. Espiritun Augur

Does anyone have any strategies on the final fight with Captain without mez? We engaged the captain ok but at 80% she summoned all the guards.

Is it possible to manage that as a normal group geared war shm wiz wiz clr clr