Raid: Praetor Vitio

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BeenPlayingSinceBeta, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Aliano Journeyman

It all depends on the fight, what ADPS I have, or dont have... I can sneak a win once in a blue moon, and I can not be on the top 10. We are LOADED with high DPS...
    Kiillz likes this.
  2. Aliano Journeyman

Yeah Sheex, it's ME Brother!!!
  3. Vlerg Augur

edit: answered the question... replies comming too fast.
  4. Iila Augur

Damn, I misread those and thought you were posting 50k on Vitio.
    I was like, I can beat that!
    The main raids all require actual healing though, so rip druid dps.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Long time, hope you are well! Will send you an xserver tell when on.
  6. guado Augur

There's always the coming anniversary raid... we can dream!
  7. Iila Augur

WTB suspending charm pets, so I can take the Shadowbeasts from ToFS floor 1 with me everywhere.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Aliano Journeyman

Praetor Vitio on 11/23/2014 in 246sec

Total
    --- DMG: 20370871 (100%) @ 82808 dps (82808 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 135180 @791dps

Aliano
    --- DMG: 20370871 (100%) @ 82808 dps (82808 sdps)
    ------ Total: 20370871 -- DirDmg: 20370871
    ------ Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 186 -- Hits: 186 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    --- DMG to PC: 135180 @791dps
    --- Special: 7

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

[IMG]
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Soooo...

By the OP's fuzzy math, Triton wizards and zerkers are regularly rocking 800k dps on this event? I see why you guys are elite and wreck stuff!
  10. Axxius Augur

We actually banned all pets on that event because the dev post said that pets failing emotes would get their owners banished, and because they are totally unnecessary to win it, and our pet classes care about the guild winning the event more than they do about their parses. And Aliano did 82k dps even without his pets.

Guess he forgot that mages are 10% of wizard/zerker dps and that he "should avoid taking damage" from his rains. Bad mage! :p
    Aliano likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Everything ever needed to be said about vague statistics and their legitimacy can be summarized here:

12. Kiillz Augur

he's a tyrant I tell ya.....not even monk pets!!! :p
  13. Beatslayer Journeyman

Instead of casting the rain on the NPC, cast it on the tank and stand behind the mob. You will be OOR of your waves, but the mob will not.

Geometry for the win.
  14. Edrick Augur

I can't believe someone wants to make the best raid in the expansion easier.
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  15. Piemastaj Augur

Amazing thread, would read again 10/10.....

Pets getting effected by the emotes is a dumb design. I am assuming its more for the pet tanking aspect then anything, but still that is dumb. Other classes mentioned as having a worse time do not need to worry about positioning more then themselves. Other classes also do not rely on pets for a huge bulk of their DPS either.

With that said, every 'argument' you made can be invalidated like 6 times. You can 'hug' the mob while not being in range of your rains, Garg pets die on EVERY event before they live their full life because of AEs and such, and Of many is directly effected by pet deaths. Again like I said, your pets die or fade on every event because of one thing or another, it is a class issue not an event issue.

Every class has terrible events and every class has some pretty great ones. If you choose to under perform on an event because your scared of taking DMG your playing the wrong class. Rains are designed to hit multiple targets and because of that we get a higher reward in the DMG department vs mana spent.

The raid is fine. The idiotic method of making uncontrollable pets auto-fail movement emotes is beyond stupid. There is no reason why it was put into place except for guilds that are unable to tank things properly. If this trend continues then the Mage class needs to be adjusted, but 1 event out of 7 is fine.....
    Iila likes this.
  16. Iila Augur

Praetor Vitio in 138s, 79999k @579702 - Illa + pets 9646k@69898
    I can't come close to 70k over a 5min parse, though.
    PS, you need to make your sig a sig, not a pasted in image at the bottom of your posts.

We banned pets cause aggro pets seemed to be causing him to spin randomly. Which caused "issues" for a few of the directional emotes.
  17. Axxius Augur

But your dps would have been so much higher if you didn't have to heal bad mages who take damage from their own rains! :p
  18. Iila Augur

Four necros, me and an enc or bard. (I forget which.) Nothing even Remotely close to a heal in my cast parse for that.

I have complete confidence in our cleric team's ability to keep a MT and ramp alive through this event. Or at least confidence in ours tanks to be able to chain deflections together long enough to burn the mob down. Either way gets the job done.

I did take 33k from wild ramp, maybe I should have evac'd my group instead? So we wouldn't have to be subjected to such harsh conditions. But luckily at least one of our shm cast surge, and my necros run RB. Crisis averted.
    Tanking summary for: Illa --- Total damage: 33225 --- Avg hit: 11075 --- Swings: 7 --- Defended: 1 (14.3%) --- Hit: 3 (42.9%) --- Missed: 3 (42.9%) --- Accuracy: 50% --- Dodged: 0 (0%) --- Parried: 0 (0%) --- Blocked: 1 (14.3%) --- Riposted: 0 (0%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)
    Healing for: Illa -vs- Praetor Vitio: -- Shaman: 18324 -- Necromancer: 13153
  19. Edrick Augur

Block amount for 14.3% during a rampage!? Druids are obviously overpowered. Take the servers down and fix this stat!
    Bahdah, Esero and Iila like this.
  20. Bahdah Augur

what the problem is...