Raid: Praetor Vitio

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BeenPlayingSinceBeta, Nov 25, 2014.

1. BeenPlayingSinceBeta New Member

Can we have this Arx Mentis raid fixed please?

Magicians are useless in this raid for the following reasons:

1) Pets are killed by emotes, so main pet and RS swarm styles are instantly removed by emotes.

2) Salvo (raid-nuke) can't do any dmg since pets are dead and none on aggro-list.

3) Rains - Can't be used due to hug-emote. Nuking yourself is bad since it distracts healer from healing tanks.

All you left with is a spear-bolt that may or may not get lost on the way to the mob it is trying to hit as the collision detection along the path may is sort of an extra resist. It also has way too long re-use.

In the end a class that does about half the DPS of a wizard/zerker, loose an additional 80% and now ends up beiong 10% of that.

That some classes are (always) unaffected by mechanics while others that wasn't great to begin with are crippled is horrible game design, so I classify it as a bug. Since /bug reports are never read, I try report it here so someone can fix dzarns raid.

Long ago it was decided by designers that pets should never be made useless through raid-mechanics to not cripple a class. It would be nice if new designers could read some "Lessons of the old" before designing events.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Really?

There are always raids that favor certain classes - always have been and hopefully always will be. Calling that a "bug" that requires to be "fixed" is pretty off base. It's one raid.....
  3. Iila Augur

Don't you have a healer? Are your shm casting surge? Don't arbitrarily cut one of your main DPS sources and then complain about DPS.
    Esero, Elricvonclief, Edrick and 2 others like this.
  4. Kiillz Augur

its all about the emotes and working around and with them, like anything else. its not a bug its working as intended... . I believe mages that I know will beg to differ on the dps issue being half of the classes you mention. I can mention past events that rendered melee dps useless but I m not calling for a fix for that event..the working around the mechanic of the event and overcoming it is what raid leaders do.
    Sheex and SaderakhBertox like this.
  5. Axxius Augur

This is the ONLY raid in Arx Mentis that's not broken. It doesn't need fixing.

Pets are subject to emotes by design. It's a dev choice, not a bug. If you are good at your class, you can control your main pet. Complaining about swarm pets is just petty. ;)

Rains - really? There are great many raids where you can't use rains at all. This is not even one of them. You can use rains here just fine. Even if you get a hug emote, the worst that can happen is you waste 1 spell.

All other TDS raids need fixing. This one is fine.
  6. BeenPlayingSinceBeta New Member

Are you failing reading comprehension?

You should avoid taking damage! If one class can use their entire arsenal without taking any damage and end up #1 dps - only idiots would recruit a mage that require support of healer to do his dps.
  7. Axxius Augur

No, only idiots would recruit a mage that complains about taking the miniscule damage from rains that don't get resisted and what's left of it after the runes. This event is not even long enough for the rain+hug to burn through Shield of Consequence + Legion of Lucem and do any actual damage, let alone significant enough damage to require healing.
    Iila likes this.
  8. Aliano Journeyman

we have this Arx MentiCans raid fixed please?

Magicians are useless in this raid for the following reasons:
    Allow me to shed some light on your apparently exponential confusion about how to play a mage... If I may...

1) Pets are killed by emotes, so main pet and RS swarm styles are instantly removed by emotes.
    Losing a pet here or there to an accidental tank death, or some other untimely raid condition may happen from time to time. /Pet fade for the win, to keep most of these happening.

2) Salvo (raid-nuke) can't do any dmg since pets are dead and none on aggro-list.
    Salvo does work well, because pets are constantly up. User results may vary...

3) Rains - Can't be used due to hug-emote. Nuking yourself is bad since it distracts healer from healing tanks.
    Rains are your high DPS spells, and even if they are landing on you, please consult your local healer about how to deal with the newly found absence of hit points, OR, just use your self casted spell shield FTW. I will conclude by saying (and I will be brief) 1. Please learn even the rudimentary functions of your class. 2. Stop being a whiney burden blaming the devs and everyone else accept YOURSELF, the root cause of your personal mage ineptitude. 3. Seek out a grant or loan to be accepted into a local Mage University, where you can shed all of your bad habits, misguided understanding of your class, and learn to not be a burden to your raid force, so that they may enjoy HOURS of your friendly and warm happy company. Ohg, and for the love of Jesus, man up and grow a pair.
    Oh, and PPS, I am more often than not in top 5, and top 10 of my guilds parse, and trust me, they all bring it. so... learn your class.

[IMG]
    Marton and Iila like this.
  9. BeenPlayingSinceBeta New Member

Uhm, x2 rains = 2 waves per tick. Apply TC = 4 waves.

Shield of Consequence = 12k ignored on each non-melee hit so 48k per tick can go right through without even touching it.

The rune is an ENC spell, and again - it is better to have a dps class that can do just fine without a battery of support to stay alive.

From the above example the rest of you can learn a thing: Stay in school - It can make you do math!
  10. Iila Augur

Did you look at my sig? Ya think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, an RoI druid would have some experience with healing casters who don't have a problem with chaining twincast rains on belly casters. Since our mages care about their dps and aren't going to chain burst of fire to avoid taking a bit of damage.
  11. Kiillz Augur

lol this should be good.....shame I dont have a Aliano parse handy.....and seriously dude to paraphrase Axxius....this is probably the ONE raid in TDS that doesnt need to be touched. Someday when you beat it you ll have the notion of Jesus that was easy.

Raids are NOT going to be tuned for one class to continually be the alpha dog. they are not bugs they are mechanics that are to be learned by raid leaders and guilds to work around and overcome.
    Iila likes this.
  12. Aliano Journeyman

Wow. Ok, your understanding of anything in EQ is way lower than previously imagined. There is no hope for you.

Arx 1 fight...

Combined: A praetor august on 11/24/2014 in 993sec

Total
    --- DMG: 56238672 (100%) @ 56635 dps (56635 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 542635 @1417dps

Aliano + pets
    --- DMG: 56238672 (100%) @ 56635 dps (56635 sdps)
    ------ Aliano:
    --------- Total: 42877419 -- DirDmg: 42877419
    --------- Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 923 -- Hits: 923 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    ------ Mobraper:
    --------- Total: 9391607 -- DirDmg: 4286042 -- Slash: 2751983 -- Backstab: 1187689 -- Hit: 1165893
    --------- Attempts: 2859 -- Hits: 2005 -- Misses: 644 -- Defended: 210 -- Accuracy: 75.7%
    ------ Aliano`s pet:
    --------- Total: 3969646 -- Slash: 3781988 -- Bash: 82002 -- Kick: 53881 -- Hit: 51775
    --------- Attempts: 6260 -- Hits: 3198 -- Misses: 2289 -- Defended: 773 -- Accuracy: 58.3%
    --- DMG to PC: 542635 @1417dps
    --- Special: 7 G

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI

Arx 2
    Combined: An indagator on 11/24/2014 in 943sec

Total
    --- DMG: 45694519 (100%) @ 48457 dps (48457 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 1123815 @1361dps

Aliano + pets
    --- DMG: 45694519 (100%) @ 48457 dps (48457 sdps)
    ------ Aliano:
    --------- Total: 36463638 -- DirDmg: 36463638
    --------- Attempts: 491 -- Hits: 491 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    ------ Mobraper:
    --------- Total: 8397369 -- DirDmg: 4088258 -- Slash: 3012669 -- Backstab: 1134336 -- Hit: 162106
    --------- Attempts: 2750 -- Hits: 1896 -- Misses: 723 -- Defended: 131 -- Accuracy: 72.4%
    ------ Aliano`s pet:
    --------- Total: 833512 -- Slash: 797959 -- Bash: 18239 -- Kick: 12092 -- Hit: 3457 -- DirDmg: 1765
    --------- Attempts: 1044 -- Hits: 635 -- Misses: 348 -- Defended: 61 -- Accuracy: 64.6%
    --- DMG to PC: 1123815 @1361dps
    --- Special: G X

So, if 56 million and 45 million are sub par, I also agree, devs dont know what they are doing, and we need a fix, and FAST!!! Cause we should be doing 1 trillion damage, while my raidleader sits back sipping mocha frappachinos from Starbucks. God I love Axxius, but I think he too would prefer to help me out in the DPS.
    [IMG]

Produced by GamParse v1.0.3
  13. Vlerg Augur

you'll resist 95% or more of your own rain spell. nothing to worry about here. it is only a concern during the hug emote aswell... if you are unlucky, you'll need to be healed twice during the fight due to your own rains. Same as every spell reflect mechanism in place ( karana 1, bixie 2...)

there's no AE damage going on... healers have nothing to do here.

main pet can be controlled.

swarm pet is the only valid concern... and a pretty minor one as you constantly recast those during fight.

But, if you think your class is in such bad shape... go roll a berserker and go have fun with AE rampage / high mobility fight while being rooted/blinded.
  14. Kiillz Augur

BTW in this stream of thinking of yours......

have you had the pleasure of TDS 3 yet??? ask your melee dps friends bout that one and see if that event should be fixed because of it
    Esero likes this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What's most amusing is he picked an overall very strong class to complain about.

If this were a rogue or zerk complaining about positioning there might be a shred of sympathy. Instead he immediately destroys himself with vague and inaccurate statements about his class sucking, when its one of the strongest overall in the game.

Also...nice pet name Aliano! :)

guado and Aliano like this.
  16. Aliano Journeyman

oh, did someone say Arx 3? Yeah we suck there too...

Combined: A phasma frigasia on 11/23/2014 in 1760sec

Total
    --- DMG: 91863070 (100%) @ 52195 dps (52195 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 199602 @322dps

Aliano + pets
    --- DMG: 91863070 (100%) @ 52195 dps (52195 sdps)
    ------ Aliano:
    --------- Total: 63499920 -- DirDmg: 63499920
    --------- Attempts: 1202 -- Hits: 1202 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    ------ Mobraper:
    --------- Total: 21230360 -- DirDmg: 8521109 -- Slash: 5962195 -- Crush: 3537929 -- Backstab: 3209127
    --------- Attempts: 5534 -- Hits: 3882 -- Misses: 1357 -- Defended: 295 -- Accuracy: 74.1%
    ------ Aliano`s pet:
    --------- Total: 7132790 -- Slash: 6875787 -- Bash: 134696 -- Kick: 69921 -- Hit: 52386
    --------- Attempts: 7998 -- Hits: 4283 -- Misses: 3341 -- Defended: 374 -- Accuracy: 56.2%
    --- DMG to PC: 199602 @322dps
    --- Special: G X

91 Million. Man, I will never get a raid spot, because mages suck, and our pets die, and I can't rain. Oh yeah, but I ran all day...
    [IMG]

17. Vlerg Augur

unrelated question... how do you rank in triton,on average, Aliano? top 10, top 5, top 3? just for pure Epeen purposes , comparing with my own numbers.
    Aliano likes this.
  18. Aliano Journeyman

Any other questions?

[IMG]
  19. Iila Augur

Seriously. I have no clue how you can be in a guild that has area 2 access and have your chosen raid whine be about Vitio because "Sometimes I might get by my own rains". Literally every other raid has severe bugs and/or mistuning. While this one is a legitimately well done and solid raid.
    Esero, Kiillz and Aliano like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Were you on Tunare originally? If so what's up mang!
    guado and Aliano like this.