Foraging - Thuliasaur Tasks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kramer2202, Nov 11, 2014.

1. kramer2202 Elder

there was a post about Brother Island and the foraging that is needed for that task. A reply by a developer mentioned that the foraging component of that task is going to be removed and ground spawns for those items will be used. There are multiple Mercenary tasks in Thuliasaur that have a foraging component as well, and I have now wasted several hours sitting in a spot foraging. Are these going to be changed as well? If so, I'll just skip these for now and come back to them when patched.
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I don't think they're going to be changed. The drops in Brother's Island are No Trade. The ones in Thul are not. So you can have a friend help forage them or a guildmate.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

you can also start foraging before having the tasks while working on somethign else.
  4. Rathgar Journeyman

Tradeable. And traded ones update quest.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  5. mmofosho Lorekeeper

Honestly, people need to stop whining about foraging. Even with a skill cap of 50, it doesn't take that long.

It's an element of a quest that you have to do, just like picking up ground spawns, or killing mobs. Why do people complain so much about making everything so easy?
    Why not start a "please don't make me do anything in quest and give me all the rewards" thread?

You can forage items while you're working on other quests - tie it to your forward key.

So tired of this type of thread.
  6. kramer2202 Elder

Ok so first of all, I wasnt complaining, I was asking a question, simple reading comprehension. I know since they were changing brother island, i was simply wondering if they were also changing Thuliasaur. If they were, then i would just skip that for now.....

As I read your post, you are complaining more than i was
  7. Manapause Journeyman

Personally, I didn't mind the foraging part of any of the quests.

Our group had fun in Brother Island, usually at my expense since I was often the last one the RNG Gods saw fit to give me my foraged items, rolling our eyes each time we pressed the button for another unsuccessful forage and touting victory when we were successful. Since we had to forage in the water and the middle of the island, we knocked off our Mercenary Tasks while foraging.

We had 2 Druids in group and it gave them an opportunity to showcase one of their highly underrated skills, finishing their foraging long before many of us had our first successful forage. Had they been able to forage and trade the items to the other group members or had the items been ground spawns (as they are in SO many other tasks), we would have completed the task more quickly but would have missed out on both the challenge and victory!
  8. mmofosho Lorekeeper

Sounded like complaining. If your point was that you will have wasted time foraging IF it's patched, then I retract my statement with respect specifically to you.

I am, however, still sickened by the fact that everyone is moaning and complaining about foraging.
  9. Manapause Journeyman

Many of the foraged items in Thuliasaur are tradable. Perhaps if you are foraging extras of some items and others are doing the same, you can work together to complete the foraging aspect of the tasks. If you're on FV, I have extras that I've saved for alts when they get to that point but I'd be happy to pass them along to make your day more pleasant! :)