Increase in Stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tmon, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Is there a cap on the Max # of slots in a bag, I can't remember if that was said or not after the introduction of big bags.

If there isn't a cap, significantly bumping up TS and collection only bags would help a lot.
    Garshok likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would be nice if TS bags could be used in the bazaar to see TS items from. I generally don't make a lot of money selling TS items but I like to support the crafters but TS items fill my trader up real fast. Also be nice to just be able to trade TS bags with my baz seller.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is a cap, but we have chosen to not reveal it at this time.

interesting thought, but the limit on what a player can hold in the bazaar is more of a "needs a large code change" limit, than just changing the numbers or what bags can be used in the bazaar.
    Sheex likes this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Understood. Any chance of 100-slot TS only and 300-500-slot collectible only bags? Given how much of this stuff is out there those #'s aren't that unreasonable for many players. I'll hold my breath :).
    Lisandra and Garshok like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

The collectables thing is a big issue. 32-40 unique items per zone, three expansions plus anniversary/etc extras. Oof.
    Garshok likes this.
  6. Lisandra Augur

Also a storage solution for Hero's Forge would be great along with the other 2 suggestions.
    Sita and Garshok like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Augmentation-only sacks à la tradeskill (32 slot crafted, 40 slot purchased/quested) bags would help with the Hero's Forge.
    Garshok likes this.
  8. Burdi Augur

Ok this would certainly be not trivial to implement a new type of container like this in EQ.
    But on the other hand there is a guild bank, and it's number of maximum item could be increased, that would be a watered down version a la EQ, but still would be much helpfull.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that. I don't know where it is in the priority list. It is NOT necessarily as easy as changing a constant in code, memory has to be considered. (Don't forget there are a large amount of guilds, not just "yours"...) I also don;t think 50,000 item guild bank (like those depots give, albeit specific items) is reasonable in our game with the way the data is structured. Again, I don't know where it is on our list of "things" at this time.
    I did say we are not ready to reveal that actual limit, and I am not going to fall into the trap of answering that and giving you bounds on that number :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sorry I wasn't trying to get you to disclose info you're not allowed to. What I meant was that given the startlingly large # of TS and collection items in game, having restricted bags that only offer 4-8 slots more than the average bag are really pretty pointless, so it'd be great if those could get a reasonable boost. Given the 4 sets of shinies per zone, you'd need 8 collect only bags on you to simply hold the TDS collectibles on you, not even counting RoF or CotF. Even our guild banks are getting overwhelmed by these things.
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Guild banks are the right size for one expansion's collections, if that's what you allow them to be used for.

edit: meaning, de facto, not allow the guild bank to be used for anything other than the current expansion's collections.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I have wondered if allowing more than one guild bank per guild would solve this, but probably not.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Random_Enchanter Augur

Your a Shadow Knight, like we trust them! Specaly the orbis lovers :D

It really is not a trap if you say 'that can happen' or 'We dont want bag space to increase to that size. . . yet!!! :rolleyes: '
  14. Janakin Augur

Make a Tavid Dennat like NPC to hold collectables. Problem solved.
    Yinla, Garshok, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  15. Weebaaa Augur

All the talk of guild bank space has reminded me of my (hopefully unfounded) fear of "mule guilds " do I recall back when it first became easy to make a guild (alt g instead of petitioning)
    That a few of the first guilds made poofed, resulting in a loss of the contents of the bank, and a lengthy process of reaquiring the contents. Can I assume no such thing has happened since then, aand that guild banks are now a safe place to store things long term?
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That's sad to hear.. it would have been nice to just swap out TS bags.
  17. Quazie Elder

Ngreth, guilds already have available hundreds or thousands of plot items spots through the new guild halls, would it be possible to use that system as new storage space for guildbanks? I think a ton of guilds would give up space for plot items in exchange for more guildbank yumminess.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Lisandra Augur

If they even expanded on the guild villages & added a feature to use the other 3/7/11 (if you have 2 or 3 guild villages) guild hall lots for storage in some fashion. I bet someone who contributes to Player Studio could come up with a great solution that SOE could sell for say 1000 to 2000 sc that would be popular & generate some revenue.
  19. Brohg Augur

Player's Studio? All they do is skin objects, they're not even within shouting distance, like not even on the same island, as where a solution could happen. What a bizarre suggestion
  20. Koneko Augur

another idea that I will say I think sounds nice but I know it would take time and effort is always making a new item that is say "bundle of fantastic pelts" that takes 5 of the pelts and then 1 bundling twine or something that you get off a vendor per level range so you can do whatever you feel is right moneywise even that makes the 5 pelts into 1 and then that can stack into a stack of bundles an d can be remade into the 5 pelts by getting some tinkered wire snippers or something I don't know

just throwing that out there to made your head spin for the fact you can look at how many times would be flagged for it and how much work it is ^_~