The Darkened Sea Launches Tuesday, November 11th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

2. Stumphobbler Elder

3. Draco Journeyman

Just something that is being asked over General Chat on Test server, will Test server get the expansion free at this time? If no then when should we look for it on the Test server?
    Thanks
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. blood & gufts Augur

If you one of those that still fights in RoF and back gathering xp, even when level 100, then dont buy the expansion.

As soon as you get to level 101, then you hit the big wall, and then xp you get from there is nerfed. Task rewards from those expansions are also nerfed.

Basically, it will be a LOT LOT harder to xp.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ading-grinding-xp-in-the-darkened-sea.214449/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ading-grinding-xp-in-the-darkened-sea.214449/

In there, there some discussion about it. Also, with the introduction to TDS, devs nerfed lockout time, So at first it would be 6 hours, then it might be 1, but then after 1 year they going to rebalance the xp from each CoTF HA.

Also if you expect spells from doing missions, there are none, also there no equipment.

MY advice is, look at it, and then turn away from buying it.

There is a Mount key ring, but it is in effect only freeing you a slot in your inventory, and you might use another buff. Not really worth a lot.
    There 10 slots for it.

Also, the mobs in there has very high ac/hps/resists, and task mobs have even higher. There no zones from charm kiting, as mobs there are immune to snare or summons.

If you one that solo, then know there very minimum places you can, so you pretty much required to Group or boxing
    Lisandra and Cazmac like this.
  5. Milfurd Augur

I haven't had any problems with experience in TDS zones. I have tried grinding experience in ground's and was getting 1% per hour. Some players have already done all the current TDS quests and now they are bored.
  6. porky Augur

If you are likely to group with silver players do not buy this expansion, you will nerf their XP as well.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Cazmac Augur

If someone is kind and generous enough to group with me (maximum level on any alt is 83), can they PL me (to some extent - I don't like adding too many levels)? I haven't bought TDS yet, mostly because my direct debits for both my accounts (one annual, one biennial) have come due and it is just too much dosh all at once!
  8. Brohg Augur

They totally can, Cazmac, as long as you're just trying to level. Now as always, if you try to AA while grouped with a PLer you'll be disappointed, because - just like always - AA exp is based on the exp earned by the high level character.
    Cazmac likes this.
  9. pantser24992295 New Member

can we please get some info on if test will get this any news would help
    Lisandra and Cazmac like this.
  10. Cazmac Augur

Thank you, Brohg :)
  11. Cazmac Augur

Is it too early to ask about rewards for taking part in the Beta? I have an additional query, in that, because I cannot yet afford to buy TDS, does that mean I won't get any rewards because of not buying it?
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

There are no plans at this time to offer The Darkened Sea as free content on the test server.

Players that have purchased this expansion will be able to play in The Darkened Sea content on all servers, including test server.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  13. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

Roshen, that was the part of the deal for playing on test. You got the expansions for free! If you are going to change the deal you should offer us a way off test.

We've been helping you guys for years at the expense of No server population, no economy, No real support, random patch's, day's and or weeks of test being up or down.

You Begged us to come here to help, you OFFERED these things to entice us over. Now your taking it back?
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Jasazick Journeyman

Yeah, if test has always gotten expansions for free I don't understand why it is changing now. Seems poor form.

I mean... isn't that the point? TDS will need ongoing testing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Kravitz Augur

Did you not get the memo that the last 2 weeks of early access to TDS was beta phase 2. Look at how many bugs, sloppy work is being noticed by players and being reported on the forums, the most out of any expansion launch.

Launching TDS today (Nov. 11th), means its being launched to the the real Test Servers (aka all blue servers). When TDS launches on "The Test Server" that means its early access to f2p:D , when it launches f2p for blue servers is when they have finally launched TDS as a polished product!
  16. Derd Augur

Maybe having people coming on the boards advertising to stop paying soe and come to test so you could end game raid for free backfired.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What should irk everyone is their willing concealment of "bad news" til the very last moment. It started with Guise of the Ancient Gods (restrictions revealed two days before SOE Live) from XP nerfs/Lockouts to Test server benefit; a tragedy.
    Garshok likes this.
  18. maverick Elder

Being that TEST did not GET TDS yuet, I think you would only be proving the point that allowing test to have an expansion to TEST is a good thing... You say most out of launch bugs ever,, there was no one on TEST to TEST and report these bugs since TEST still does not have the expansion to TEST
  19. Derd Augur

Without going back thru posts to get an exact date, at least a month ago it was obvious from dev posts that test would have to purchase to play in tds.
  20. Obiziana Augur

This is very very sad.