Reasons to buy the new expansion TDS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jazfer, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Jazfer Journeyman

I am looking for positive and only positive things a player has to say about this expansion. If you have something negative to say, put it in the other thread with the opposite title.
  2. Vlerg Augur

some of the new zones / model look nice.
    Jazfer likes this.
  3. Obiziana Augur

Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs... and dinosaur pets!
    Garshok and Jazfer like this.
  4. Jazfer Journeyman

im not going to lie, i want to buy this expansion based on that fact alone. now if only i could get a triceratops mount...
  5. Riou EQResource

If you're still playing EQ then TDS is new stuff to do in game instead of repeating year old content that was boring to do months ago

New Levels, AA and Spells also lets you trivialize old content easier if you go back and do old raids or have trouble doing things like maxing RoF charm aug and that, or even doing all the conquests and that in CotF for the good special AA
  6. Crumm Lorekeeper

New zones, new mobs, new quests, new loot, new challenges.

Expansions make me feel like I did back when I was first wandering through Norrath without a clue. To me, recapturing that feeling means a lot.
  7. Jazfer Journeyman

has anyone tried tower of rot mission 2 since hitting the new level cap? has this mission become easier, or is it still a pain that requires a near perfect group of really good players to complete?
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Several I like:

• Increase in LVL Cap to 105
    • More AA increases
    • Return to Buried Sea, Pirates and Dino's
    • Might be able to FINALLY kill Lanys T`vyl
    • Mount Keyring to free up bag/bank space
    • New Zones
    • New HA's
    • New items, 3000ish Group HMR gear etc
    And some more that I just cant remember, all in all I think its a good expansion so far and have enjoyed what I have seen this last 2 weeks.
  9. Crystilla Augur

For me:

• The zone artwork is fantastic.
    • I'm enjoying seeing Katta C. again (and parts of it are under water).
    • Increase in level cap.
    • Killing any ssra style mobs (aka snakes) brings back a lot of good memories.
    • Brother's Island and the parrots are awesome looking, some great looking mob models.
    • Dino's (though I have not yet progressed enough to see them myself in person).
    • Challenges (not the 'I can't beat it' but fights take a little longer so things like mana do become a resource again).
    • Heroic Adventures seem to be fairly short in duration.
    • Community - people are offering task add's to strangers, helping others out in zone, etc. (of course trains, etc. happen but that's for the /other/ thread).
    • New AA's, new spells
    • Ability to use all those mounts who have been collecting dust in my housing yard/house.
    • Undead - I'm a cleric, I LOVE killing undead (just ask my guild when Sergeant Grady parses come around LOL).
    • Jonas Dagmire aug (the new one!)
    • Hunter - new named to kill
    • Collections - who doesn't like shinies?
    Those are what came to me in 5 minutes of thinking.
  10. drkoli Augur

you complete savior for all zones you get a T-rex illusion!

the expansion isnt near as bad as people are making it out to sound. yes if you level only in TDS it takes a little longer to level but big deal. you have an entire year to level and finish with everything in the expansion.

if you do the HA's in TDS once a day you will get decent xp, peices of 8 to buy a few decent augs. and have a chance for nameds to pop who drop gear or augs.

the progression is all fairly easy. there are a few things that suck bigger fish in tempest is probably the worst. but if i only have that as a negative then i think money well spent for me on my 4 accounts

but thats just me
  11. Vlerg Augur

the chase item in arx mentis are of CoTF T2 raid quality aswell.
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Degmar is the closest thing to Dreadspire Keep we have now!
  13. Obiziana Augur

Honestly I love a good train! Sometimes you can derail them, sometimes they squash you, but they certainly liven up the game. Just one more thing that reminds me of the "Good Old Days"™.
  14. Axxius Augur

Nope. :(