Violet Conch of the Tempest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stickietoes, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Stickietoes Augur

So, I just got my Violet Conch of the Tempest, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=118756

Went to cast, and doesn't stack with Paladin self buff Armor of Formidable Faith/Spirit...
    Doesn't this spell share the same spell line as Cloak of Spurs? which does stack with Armor of blah blah blah?...

Was quite disappointed after camping this for 4-6 hours, then just have it rot in back. Any chance of this getting changed? :(
  2. gcubed Augur

It appears to have stacking issues with, Pally, Cleric,Ranger, Druid, Chanty, Mage, Wizzy, and Neccy self buffs. It may have problems with some procs and songs, also. Looks like the only ones that can get a use out of this clicky would be SK's, Beasts, Rogues, Warriors and Monks.
  3. Kucaniz Master

No, this is a different spell line then cloak of spurs. This was a self only, smaller DS that stacked with a lot of different things and used to have a number of rare items in game with the 3 DS version and the 4 DS version from Tunare (girdle of living thorns; cloak as well but, that was rng/dru only).
  4. Iila Augur

It's from the dru/rng self buff line. It has some conflicts with other self buff lines, notably the shielding lines for casters.
  5. Brohg Augur

The ranger Cloak of Spurs(etc) spell line you're thinking of is the same slot DS as standard worn back slot click.
  6. Stickietoes Augur

Awesome... make a chase item that is only good for... 5? classes!
  7. Brohg Augur

The caster self buffs also conflict with shm focus, so forget those. gcubed didn't even list three of EQ's sixteen classes, so you both fail at basic counting. It's good for twelve out of sixteen classes, which is way better than, say, Blood Drinker's Coating or the Burning Sash of Ro. You haven't lamented missing out on the previous iteration of this chase item, which you had thirteen years to get and to lack utility from, so probably shouldn't freak out about this one.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Stickietoes Augur

It's obviously a tank item, and there is not 12 tanking classes in EQ.
    Blood drinker's was good for 9 classes, or maybe 10... dunno I can't count.
    While this conch is good for... 5 classes (Ber, Monk, Rog, Warrior, Beast, Bard/SK's maybe).
    And i've only been playing for 5 years.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If it's stacking is the same as Tunare belt which I'm assuming it is, is good for sks too.
    Iila and Brohg like this.
  10. Stickietoes Augur

oops, yeah meant to say SK's

And holy crap... good thing I quit camping tunare after 2 months!, would have been a total waste!
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Which name did you camp for it? My 3 main toons being sk/rog/mnk, will have to camp 3 of these and hate tempest :(
  12. Brohg Augur

I looted mine from the named Kedge in the volcano mouth
  13. Brohg Augur

obviously, since it clicks a ranger+druid self buff.
  14. Stickietoes Augur

Strangacul, has like 2 million hp. Can solo without a merc!. Took about 7 kills tho... and in tempest :(
  15. Stickietoes Augur

Bet it was mainly for Rangers and blah blah druids are ranger's, rangers are druid whatever...
    cause what druid needs 13 DS and 72 AC... a better tank.
  16. Brohg Augur

Dude, keep up. Druids use Daggerspur Coat now, level 103:
    2:Increase AC by 297
    3:Increase Damage Shield by 78