Ideal melee based group for group content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuiv, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Monk, Monk, Monk, Monk, Monk, Monk.

They can go anywhere, they can pull pretty much anything, and they can easily keep anything stunable permanently stunned. Whoever's getting hit can use a short-reuse disc to take very little damage, Mend, and then FD to dump aggro onto the next Monk who can do the same. Plus, they're essentially two groups worth of DPS.

A few buff bots to keep them shiny and they're golden in almost all group content.

It doesn't get any more melee-focused than that!

P.S. If you're on Bertoxxulous, my wife plays a Monk, and would love to join such a group.
    Raptorjesus5 and Obiziana like this.
  2. Derresh Augur

Paladin Bard Shaman Monk Beastlord Berserker

Paladin Tanks, Offheals, Stuns, Slays undead
    Bard Pulls, CC, Adps, afk melodys
    Shaman Heals, Buffs, Adps, Slows, CC
    Monk DPS, Stuns, offtank
    Beastlord DPS, Adps, pet offtank
    Berserker DPS, Decap 104 and lower, 300k+dps burns with bard/shaman/beast Adps.
    Obiziana likes this.
  3. Silentchaos Augur

Who cares it died in 3 seconds.
    silku and Ravengloome like this.
  4. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

I think people forget how good rogue dps is these days, especially in group gear. I have a group geared zerker and rogue with max aas and my rogue almost doubles the dps (non burn) of my zerker. 3 rogues will kill anything super fast. As far as my choice for melee group, it would be:

sk, brd, shm, rog, rog, rog
  5. Matari Augur

Outside TDS, everything dies in seconds to my caster group. Forget debuffing, my chanter has a hard time getting slow off before the mob goes poof. After a while, you start pulling 5 of everything...
  6. sojuu Augur

On the wrong server but this is something I have always wanted to try, just never did lol.
  7. SaderakhBertox Augur

I've grouped with Qest, his wife, another monk, and Qest's charmed lvl 99 NPC. It was pretty legit. ;)

(You could round up 5 others for a test copy np hehe)
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Somewhere in some skeezy studio apartment littered with fast food packaging strewn all over, Sam Deathwalker's EQ sense just started tingling.
    silku, Robnie and Sheaffer like this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Personally I would switch out two of those monks. One for a beastlord and the other for a shaman, you all still have FD at higher levels as well as buffs and more heals.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I would say the first thing I'd put in if I were pulling out a Monk would be a Bard. Bard buffing 5 melees has got to be good. The timing on perma-stun would need to be tightened, but still easily doable. Since most stuff is stunnable, they're taking no damage besides the occasional mistake which can be easily Mended. A Shaman would have nothing to do but DoT aside from taking down named, and even then, most named will fall to discs and massive DPS of 6 Monks.

What's the Beastlord for? A shade tree? :p
  11. Tuiv Journeyman

I'm so torn, conflicting options all around!! but ultimately I do like the idea of also mixing it.
    As Derresh suggests Pld/Shm/Brd/Bst/Mnk/Zerk sounds mighty tempting. Hmm!
  12. Ravengloome Augur

The only problem is if your boxing this group (thats what it sounds like)

Paladin is the hardest tank class to box efficiently and do an even remotely good job.
  13. SaderakhBertox Augur

I found it an absolute pain to box 3 melee characters, and the only reason I did it was to help out the other 2 with some experience and progression. It's a real pita like others have said as far as positioning.

If I were set on boxing a full group of 6, it would definitely rely on casters+pets for dps. You couldn't pay me to box multiple melee characters.
  14. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

I spewed my drink through my nose, and onto my monitor!!

Well played, sir :)

Tat
  15. silku Augur

I'd like to try 6 enchanters charming. That could be fun.
  16. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

More than 3 is a waste. 3 can AE stun without being attacked, and you have room for Wizards to AE. I wouldn't even bother charming in that group.
    silku and code-zero like this.
  17. gcubed Augur

Now that tracking sort is not unique to rangers, the only real difference between "ranger track" and other classes track is distance. The differences in tracking distance isn't all that apparent until you get into some large open zones like South Karana.

The OP needs to consider one thing. Every expansion has a "theme" to it. On the surface, this expansion's theme is a revisit to The Buried Sea. This isn't true though. The theme for this expansion is the Reverse Damage Shield.
  18. Zentara Augur

Maybe I've been blessed with playing with an outstanding zerker or something, but I'm really surprised that not many people are singing their praises.

I played a monk for 8+ years (including raiding), and I'd give up a raid geared monk in a dps group to replace with a strongly played zerker in group gear (as long as they have a strong weapon, all that matters for them in most cases)...they trivialize so many things with their dps capabilities, both single target but especially ae.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

I sure as hell would not, If i wanted to actually XP with the group.
  20. gcubed Augur

Ehhhh, a berserker needs a little bit more than a "strong weapon". Without the proper group makeup, a druid bear pet will out parse them. :p