Arx final mission The Cost of Balance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Raynrace Augur

A mission that pops 4 105+ mobs every 10% and you have to keep dps on the generator?

Then you have to fight static zone mobs and repops on top of it?

Its a 1 group task that takes 2 groups to do in the static zone and even if you had a perfect group you would be lucky to beat this 1 mission in 6 hours.

This mission needs serious tuning, not everyone has an enchanter or bard in their pocket much less the ability to do this mission without taking a bathroom break.

Wow...
    Sancus, Iila, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Actually, with a perfect group it's a very easy mission: ENC ENC WIZ WIZ DRU PAL - we just happened to have another enchanter in the zone. :) But yeah, those generators+adds are "slightly" overtuned.
    Evercluck and Random_Enchanter like this.
  3. Tattertott New Member

I havn't tried it yet, (need more hours in the day) but there is always at least one overtuned group mission. Recent examples are Grellith in RoF (it got tuned down later), and ToR (pretty sure it got a tune down too).
  4. Drakang Augur

Positioning of your group is critical to minimize room adds. Does not take that much DPS to keep the generator from regenning. But yeah very slow fight since its usually kill anything that will agro. DPS generator, Killl adds. Kill room repops. Repeat. Did finally do it by splitting group into 2 and adding mercs (which ignore the generator).

Zone repop time is really rough on you there if you have low DPS.
  5. Ismel Augur

Hard with all those adds especially the last one with all the room adds, but what I really want to know is 20min time trial ??
  6. Iila Augur

Yeah, it's pretty easy.
  7. Qulas Augur

[IMG]
  8. Tearsin Rain Augur

because if there's one thing that been proven time and time again over the years, qulas, it's that you and RoI in general can totally be used for an accurate and appropriate measuring stick for the rest of the player base in terms of content tuning...
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You mean the game isn't supposed to be tuned to the hard core elites? :)
  10. Sathayorn Augur

Did the final mission with a Three priests, two casters and a Warrior. I've been playing long enough to know that's not an optimized group. We pulled it off with that, I'm not seeing any issues with it.

Admittedly, and unsurprisingly, our three priest group didn't make the time trial.
    Manapause likes this.
  11. Drakang Augur

FYI on third generator See how far into the SW corner of the room you can get. Can probably get farther than you think. Then its only 2 room mobs to deal with.
  12. Maeryn Augur

That's timestamped around 60 hours after the servers came up.

Expectations are not for you or anyone to be at that level, the expectation is just that given months or if needed even years that you will be able to accomplish things others did in 2.5 days and then get the same reward for completing that ach.
  13. Malacath Journeyman

The defenders despawn after around 2 mins of not being attacked and it takes longer then that for the generator to regen hp if doted
  14. Derresh Augur

You can solo the generators with pick lock and open, your welcome. :)
  15. FawnTemplar Augur

I don't know if people are still having trouble with this but I thought I might tell people how we did it today. We had War, Clr, Rog, Dru (had a MAg at first but he had to leave part way through to attend raids).

Basic run down: You have to go to 3 different spots and kill 3 different generators. This part happens in the static zone so all the rooms have active mobs in them. The generators will spawn 2-4 adds at 90%, 70%, 50%, 30%, and 10%. This is true of all of them.

What we did: In the first two rooms you can put your whole group behind the generators without getting aggro from the active mobs in the room. There is no need to kill the room as the adds that the generator spawn are not social with the mobs in the room. The Druid and the Rogue bring the generator down to 93% at which point the rogue disengages and goes hide/sneak. The druid stacks some dots on the generator to take it down to 90%. When the adds spawn the druid (or whom ever is dotting, I suppose a necro could work in this position) casts their longest dot, for us it was chill of the visionary. ( I was not 105 yet.) At this point the spawned adds will aggro the druid who needs to fade as soon as that last dot is applied. The adds despawned for us when my DoT was at ~20 seconds left. At this point it is just rinse and repeat till you can kill the generator. Make sure that DPS does not go so fast that fade is not back up by the time the next set of adds spawn.

The third room was a bit trickier. There are two SI mobs (one of the animated brooms and one book) that roam right by the generator (the book not as regularly as the broom) and will mess up the whole process as it will not be fooled by your fade. I dropped group at this point. The War, Rog, and Clr took up postions in the closest hallway so that they could pull and kill the roaming SI mobs and I set up shop behind the generator. There are two mobs that look pretty close but if you push up against the wall they will not aggro. Also, I dropped group so that my group could pop a DPS merc and not have to worry about it pulling aggro on the spawned mobs when I caught aggro from them. Other than the group killing the SI mobs and the rogue having to move back and forth between the generator and the hallway the process was the same.

The rest of the mission is in an instance and is pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps.
    drkoli likes this.
  16. Axxius Augur

Or, since you had a rogue, he could just pick and /open it. ;)

Both of these ways have one thing in common: it's definitely NOT how the dev intended this mission to be done. If these loopholes are closed without retuning the adds, it's going to be back to the original PITA state.
  17. FawnTemplar Augur

That was the first thing we tried actually and it did not work.
  18. Riou EQResource

The A5 Pick Lock worked too :p No Rogue needed!
    Manapause likes this.
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

Also, the thing about how devs intend for things to work... thats just too bad for them. Because when we did it yesterday, no enchanters that any of us knew or conceivably on the server period were flagged to enter Arx Mentis, and the one Bard that we knew that could was not available. We all have to work with the tools we are given. I would say that actually killing the generators is closer to how they intend than /picklocking /opening them. (Even though we tried that and it didn't happen)
  20. Axxius Augur

You don't actually believe that, do you? ;) If they were intended to be picked and /open'd then why do they spawn adds every 20%?