15th Vet reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alaklin, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

A few suggestions...

Veteran Ability: Veteran's Refuge

EverQuest 2's last veteran reward was Isle of Refuge housing zone access. I wonder if EverQuest could have a instant port to a special zone for veterans. For example, a player-friendly version of Sunset Home with a special regen pool (full heal) and potion merchant (illusion pots, gate pots, invis pots, or 1 xp pot once a week). Re-use timer set for 18-24 hours.

[IMG]

Veteran Ability: Veteran's Squire

The ability to summon a special level 60 pet (regular stat - static until it dies) equivalent in power to Mage 1.0 Epic Pet every 3 days. Pet model could be an old world Highpass guard. Minimum level to use would be 85 or scales to level.

[IMG]
    Geroblue and Lisandra like this.
  2. Obiziana Augur

Out of curiosity...Why?
  3. Hayzeus Augur

Purely as a guess on my part, but I suspect it has something to do with their current Modus Operandi of repeatedly nerfing or otherwise taking stuff away from us. Giving us a cool veteran reward would be counter to this initiative.

If it's not that, then they'll probably claim it's a resource issue.
  4. Hatsee Augur

Good time to toss them in as regular aa's and replace them with things like EQ2. Furniture and exp pots, etc.
    Zarzac and Lisandra like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The 15th Anniversary is a major milestone ("Year of EverQuest). It seems entirely unjust for EQ2 to receive their Veteran reward (Isle of Refuge House). Are there plans to catch up in the future - 2 rewards in 2015?

I don't think we need any "advantage" ability (Intensity or Lesson) but something useful and novel (parcel NPC, Sunset Home, low level pet, teleport, etc).
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Jasazick Journeyman

Please explain why.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Stickietoes Augur

My idea would be Parcel NPC for 15th vet... but that'll never happen ;/
    Janakin likes this.
  8. Lottascatta Journeyman

Of course.
    Who's surprised?
  9. Axxius Augur

My guess is that these rewards are too far out of reach for new players. If somebody has played EQ for 15 years, there is no need to reward them any further - they are obviously not going to quit now because of the lack of these rewards. But a new player seeing the rewards he/she can never get may get depressed and quit.
  10. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

They could do something cheap like weak swarm pets using the Ancient God illusion. Would be pretty funny to see swarming Tribunal, Erollisi Marr, and Bristlebane.
  11. Lisandra Augur

Great ideas Benito but they won't be given the time or resources to do anything that takes more than 30 mins to an hour to do.
    Benito likes this.
  12. Mardy Augur

Well that's disappointing, I just logged into my account yesterday and was happy to see I have an almost 13 year vet reward account. Really thought about subscribing, never thought I'd see this announcement today.
    Geroblue and Lisandra like this.
  13. Melanippe Augur

Shall we presume this was also not noteworthy enough to add to Patch Notes?
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The players have to be a little superstitious. By foregoing current and future Veteran rewards, it's just a bad sign (and bad luck). When the fine details (and traditions) are glossed over, it's a broader commentary on the poor condition of the whole landscape. From my experience, companies are on the verge of going belly up when they start to dispense with the details.
    Melanippe and Lisandra like this.
  15. Snowman Augur

thanks for playing for 15 years - as a small token of our thanks here is Nothing !
  16. Janakin Augur

I like that idea too but then that would eliminate the need for the Expedient Delivery Vouchers that they sell in the SC store.

I guess by them stopping Vet rewards they are getting less complaints from people who could never "catch up" to the most current one. Now those new players have the opportunity to eventually to do so.
  17. Gnar Augur

I would of loved a new unique player illusion.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Potawatomi Augur

I'm all for voicing my opinion but saying that they are lazy is a bit much. I'm sure it has to do with a mix of what Axxius said and something else we aren't taking into consideration.
  19. Hazimil Lorekeeper

This is a shame, another smack in the face for loyal players :(

Haz!
    Geroblue, Wayylon and Melanippe like this.
  20. Wyen New Member

As a long time player would like to see the vet rewards continue. But given that I suspect only a few folks will qualify can see not wanting to spend a lot of time on this.

15 is significant but in worst case the devs could just continue to cut the reuse timers every year here on out. That's what the last one was, reuse reduction.