sk - bond of the bonemaw

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xicararn, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Xicararn Journeyman

so.. before i get all superexcited omg you made healing better... the change to this spells usage was intentional ya? (so sad if not!)
  2. sojero One hit wonder

According to Prathun it is intentional
  3. Xicararn Journeyman

thats not quite what i mean... but i love this spell ~
  4. sojero One hit wonder

If you mean that it will stack on multiple mobs (I haven't tested that myself, just heard) Then please come out and say it. If it is something else, please come out and say it. There are sometimes side effects that they do not anticipate, we need to get those out now, so that they dont find out later and change them when we have come to relay on them, that just hurts us as a class more down the road.

Look at what has happened with wars and phalanx, now old events are tuned around them having it stacking on top of defensive, now they are getting that taken away, making it more difficult for those that come after. Lets not go down the same road.
  5. Xicararn Journeyman

hehe ya ive had it on 5 mobs with dot burns going.. (could probably get 7 with malaise)
  6. sojero One hit wonder

do you have logs to show that it was healing from all 5? I am going hunting this weekend so I cannot test myself till Monday night, I would post them to show if you do. that way we can get a black and white answer.
  7. Xicararn Journeyman

just afew mins ago i went to vol and stuck it on 2 farmers to double check cause it got lost in combat spam well i was raiding last night, it dose indeed heal for each mob you have doted, but the heal dosent show up unless your actually damaged
  8. Ravengloome Augur

I thought we agreed not to talk about that Xic ;)
  9. Unpleasant Journeyman

Sigh, are we really actively hoping to get nerfed here? Hardly sounds convenient to put this on multiple mobs, and a whole 7 mobs worth is hardly awe inspiring. This is why SKs can't have nice things.
  10. Denyu Lorekeeper

Its decent but not that overwhelming when you have multiple mobs, they'll still dish out more damage than it'll heal and you have the cool down along with it dropping as soon as the mob with it dies.

Most SKs are probably just surprised we have a way to smooth out between life tap refreshes now, but its still no guarantee you'll survive in 101+ content for sure.
  11. Tearsin Rain Augur

it's definitely an interesting quirk of the spell, but between the recast timer and the duration, the setup required to get multiple heals rolling to the point where it became ridiculous is highly unlikely in normal practical game play.

if you get it running on 2-3 mobs at once you're pretty much just replicating a cleric HoT in terms of per tick healing. you'd need to get it going on more than 3+ mobs (minimum 4) to be consistently getting more per-tick healing than you can get by normal spells from healing classes.

so ya... at 5+ mobs you can start potentially getting some entertainingly high per-tick heal values, but i don't think it's going to be anything that is going to change SK play style, even in a niche exploiting kind of way.

for rk1:

for reference the cleric HoT rk1 is 7240 per tick base, and also has AAs which boost the base amount (though i admit that offhand i don't know the value of this boost)

950 base damage on bonemaw, let's give it an average of 50% focus - so let's say 1450 per tick average base.

1450x2.6 = 3770.

so yeah the math on that is about right, you'll need bonemaw going on 2-3 mobs at once to equal the per tick healing power of 1 cleric HoT, but in theory if you could get it going on say 5 or more mobs it would be an amusing amount of per tick healing, though i can't really think of any in-game circumstance where that would be practical or viable to do given the spell's recast timer.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

There is no boost to HOT base (clerics)

Its only for crits.