Thuliasaur Island - is the XP broken here?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Xslia Elder

Zoned in 28% - did the first chain of Partisans and I'm still at 28% - full xp at 100% with a 10% bottle of adventure running. Is this normal or is something amiss here?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Sostenes Augur

Nothing is amiss, XP for the new expansion has been slowed down to a crawl purposely.
  3. Iila Augur

RoF's reward system for doing quests and zone progression was great. Why did it have to be replaced by getting kicked in the junk repeatedly?
    FawnTemplar, Synisca, Rouan and 6 others like this.
  4. Denyu Lorekeeper

You should try the group mission.
  5. Rafather Augur

The devs forgot to update the xp table and they are giving what old mobs gave at 100. Since the xp needed each level raises greatly on the curve it makes it look horible. They "forget" about this every time we get a level increase. We get walked over every time.
  6. Xslia Elder

Switched to AA for one of the kills 4% of an AA. So now after 2 partisans and all the requisite kill counts and hand in's I went from 28% to 33% (3% on turn in).
  7. idej Augur

If that is the case these people who wasted their exp potions should get a complimentary potion pack.
  8. Kiillz Augur

good luck with that for sure.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, drkoli and Axxius like this.
  9. Rafather Augur

Lol yeah right, Soe is trash and they need the money for the EQN flop.
  10. Xslia Elder

As we discussed the XP gains (or lack of them) with fellow players - one comment was - Maybe we should not get to the end zone of Arx Mentis - every time we kill something - it will take XP away from us at this rate.
  11. Drakang Augur

XP in combine and Arx is okay. Nothing spectacular but the kills are very slow. That's one of the main issues is it takes so long to kill mobs.
  12. Xslia Elder

OK, did a little checking around - i know # of people in groups etc have an impact on exp, but so far all the other zones was giving more then 4% of an AA - anywhere form 30-40%ish range. Something does not feel right about this zones XP.
  13. Xslia Elder

Hi... any updates or information if this zone's XP modifier is as it should be? 4% an AA or less?
  14. CaptAmazing Augur

I'd like to report the exp. I'm getting, but I'm only on hour thirteen of trying to kill my first mob in this zone. :p
  15. CorazonoDellaNoche Journeyman

Take your wiz merc off Burn, because the mobs have TOO MANY hps for them to start nuking and they will just stand there.
    You'll get your kills under 6 hours
  16. Spamilton Journeyman

I just want to chime in and agree with how bad the reward structure is in this expansion. I feel bad for the non-raiders because there's really no incentive to do the group content other than getting flagged for progression. The mob XP does not scale with their health, quest rewards are basically nothing, and there are no more chests in the missions. Are you guys trying to make us hate the game so we won't feel as bad when the servers get shut down?
  17. Biltene Kingslayer

You have posted that it was during the completion of Partisan tasks that you saw this horrible xp. IIRC, a few expansions ago, the devs killed xp for quest mobs so that people grinding would not kill mobs that people needed for their task updates. I found the quest mob xp in the static zone to be bad, but the mobs killed in the group mission plus quest completion netted me 12% reg xp at 104.
    Kathylynn_Unity likes this.
  18. Sostenes Augur

The mobs at T1 TDS zones have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much HP, T1 group items have almost the exact same stats as CotF T1 group items, XP modification is absurd and so is the HA lockout.

So, um, yeah, that's what I have as feedback after week one of TDS :p

Sostenes
  19. Cicelee Augur

They are not trying to make you hate the game.

They are trying to extend what limited content there is for an entire year long duration.

Here is the thing- many are complaining that XP is too slow and too minimal on these TDS mobs. But what happens if the XP was like previous expansion? Where task completions were giving 5+% regular XP of a level?

Then everyone would be complaining that they are max XP/AA by January, and what are we to do between January and October? Boredom sets in, anger sets in, and people cancel their accounts or put them on hiatus until October. Then no money is going to SOE, and they are losing dollars.

We are going to be angry either way. In order to maximize dollars, SOE wants us to continue to subscribe monthly. Only way that happens is if we still have stuff to do in March-October. Slowing down XP, putting in high AA plateaus to reach to gain a point, linear progression blocked by locked zones...this helps to have a player base playing in March-October.

Bottom line- we are going to be angry either way. Not cause of XP, but cause of lack of things to do in 10 weeks.
  20. Garshok Augur

I think that a good portion of the crowd that is likely to complain about not having anything to do after they hit max XP/AA are already level 105 or very close to it, thanks to leveling in COTF, and will be done with quests in short order.

My opinion, of course - others may/will differ.