Where is the XP in the new zones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rafather, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Rafather Augur

SoE you went on and on about nerfing task awards and xp after hitting 101, wanting us to play in the new zones, so where is it? I have been in every zone finishing tasks and grinding xp and have yet to find a spot like what we have had before. No, this is not some level argument but bad programming and you forgot to up the xp gained from mobs. Higher con mobs should not be giving the same base xp as mobs 5 or more levels below them. Fix the xp so we can actually "enjoy playing in the new zones gaining xp while doing new content." Or do you still want us to go back to a few old haunts for that xp???
    Yinla likes this.
  2. guado Augur

In my experience so far (through beta and now) the best XP is not in TDS. Fastest way is still chaining gribbles. I also don't know why they said they wanted to push everyone in the new expansion... they didn't.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Found gribble lousy compared to the harder DH missions (captain cooper's).

This whole thing seems pretty absurd when the RoF and lower Exp "changes" were justified by "new challenging content should be the most rewarding". I guess soe doesn't consider exp to be a reward?
    Mintalie, Garshok and Evercluck like this.
  4. Marshall Maathers Augur

Don't you worry one little bit! They are on top of this, 100%. Thom has the solution already lined up.

TDS will be the best exp when they tie the majority of HA exp to the final hail, and some of the overall HA exp goes mysteriously missing.
  5. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

There are some little niche places where exp is great if not amazing in the new zones. Most is terrible and unreliable at that however. Using Caverns for an example: I saw I was nearly done with an AA I wanted, so I burned down a sea turtle. It gave 1 blue of an AA and had about 3 million hps. So I killed a Turepta that was near it next which had 6 million hps and gave 1.5 AA's. Then I decided to kill the Crocolisk behind that which had 3 million hps and gave 1.75 AA's. Finally I ran and killed some undead which had 2.5 million hp's on average and gave 1.75 AA's. Those amounts are all solo without any experience bonus being used.

So in summary:

3 million hp turtle: 1 blue (understandable as they are for quest items)
    6 million hp turepta: 1.5 AA
    3 million hp crocolisk: 1.75 AA
    2.5 million hp undead: 1.75 AA

Basically nothing adds up to a nice pattern of difficulty versus experience, as a lot of it is more or less random it seems. I have also not found any places that would support a group either, the few spots that would be good even a soloer is going to nearly expend.
  6. Malacath Journeyman

In the Degmar HA

Yellow con 75%ish of an AA one of the mobs you need to kill Sergeant Knotlest Degmar in 485s, 23825k @49124sdps - Malacath + pets 23584k@48627sdps (48627dps in 485s) [98.99%]

The Named from the same HA

Red con 1.5-2 AA Ghostly Guard in 207s, 8615k @41619sdps - Malacath + pets 8615k@41619sdps (41619dps in 207s) [100%]

Also only 1.5 aa for finishing the HA

I thought the Super high HP mobs were supposed to give more xp?
  7. Derresh Augur

4-7mil hp mobs in thuliasar were only giving me 3-6% aa xp per kill, in a group of 5players 1 merc and 100% xp going to aa. Clearly something is wrong/bugged/broke/unfinished.
  8. Evercluck New Member

Only received 1 AA (at level 105) for completing the Brothers Island mission: The Cover of Night. I guess they want us to consider a lot of this content to be one and done. With minimal experience, no currency, and no chests to loot I guess once you complete the achievements you can expect most people not to return.