hotkey help

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by mr blah, Oct 23, 2014.

1. mr blah New Member

this is what I want to do if possible

/g Last stand running
    timer for 2min 30sec befor it warns group its going down
    27 seconds later flash of anger
    3 or for seconds later def stance followed by steadfast

need help making the hotkey if its possible.
  2. Rathgar Journeyman

Flash of anger is an oh sh** button. I would not recommend putting it in a macro.

I use a hot key that has steadfast, field guardian, defensive proficiency, blade guardian (remove if depending on group), and brace for impact. This ensures my defences go up at a push of one button. Very useful after last stand.
  3. Yther Augur

/g Last Stand running
    /pause 1500,/disc Last Stand Discipline[ Rk. III]
    /pause 280,/g 30secs till Last Stand fades!
    /pause 40,/disc Flash of Anger[ Rk III]
    whatever def stance is /alt activate ### if AA.

That's it, for a single macro. Only 5 lines. You could put an optional /timer ####,/g Last Stand running as the first line to give the hotkey a timer look, so you can click the Steadfast disc after it's done. Timer #### would be 1840 + 10*number of seconds def stance lasts. If it's Defensive Proficiency, it would be /alt activate 41088 and first line timer would be 1855 give or take.

Someone who knows the discs / AAs better probably has better selection. As an example, see the thread at https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/warrior-hotkeys.213914/ is chock full of examples and alternatives.

Hope this helps, until someone more knowledgable chimes in.

Yther Ore.
  4. Sathayorn Augur

Automating your character in this manner will only make him less of a warrior.

Yther's hotkey would almost work*, if you don't hit any (even a single line) macros while that one's going. It's a bad idea unless you're AFK, which while tanking, is a bad idea.

*The problem with the above hotkey is that last stand will last anywhere from 180-185 seconds, activating defensive proficiency potentially up to three seconds early.

My solution: Pay attention. Use an audio trigger for when your Last Stand ends. Hit defensive proficiency when it fires. Reserve flash of anger for emergencies.

But if you really want the hotkey, change the /pause 40 to /pause 75
    Yther likes this.
  5. Lianeb Augur

I could be wrong but doesn't EQ only allow you to run one macro at a time until the first is finished?
    Wouldn't a macro like this lock you out of any other social macros for the duration. Ie... an aggro macro you might have set up like in the above referenced thread

185s is a long time to be locked out of other socials this will feel like an eternity when you lose aggro and your other socials you are used to don't work.

Maybe i am old fashioned I use single hotkeys for most abilities but i have a lot and know where each one is located and the shortcuts to them.
    Sathayorn and Yther like this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Just pay attention and make a hotkey /rs Defensive coming down.
    Sathayorn likes this.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This is true. Locking yourself out of other macros for three minutes is probably not a good idea.

This is what I do. There is a syncing or latency issue sometimes where the server thinks you are still running Last Stand (or anything else in the Defensive Discipline line) and won't allow you to activate Defensive Proficiency for one to two ticks. When I hear the audio trigger go off for Last Stand dropping, that is when I hit Flash of Anger to prevent unmitigated hits from landing while I try to get Defensive Proficiency back up.
    Sathayorn likes this.
  8. Brohg Augur

Clicking off a discipline in the Combat Abilities window before it fades naturally allows you to put up another immediately without the delay.
  9. Damoncord Augur

It stops the Disc but does not break the macro.
  10. Brohg Augur

yeah, using a macro is dumb. I've no interest in interactions with "the macro"
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Awww now the secret is out... this works with /stopdisc too.
  12. Gru_Pikeys Journeyman

Multi line macros might work in a low populated group scenario but will fail miserably in any raid situation.
    I have problems with a simple 3 line macro with a count down (10 seconds with 3 /rsay's ). It will simply not work relaible enough so i dont even bother with the more complex /doability variations.

F--k latency / lag!!
    Lianeb and Sathayorn like this.