6 hour lockout on HA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bazukaz, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Morgoth Elder

I have been trying to decide how many of my 8 accounts I will buy the expansion for.
    Thank you for helping me with this decision.
    One for my raid account ... and that will be it.
    HA lockouts are just another in a series of bad decisions. There seems to be a concerted effort to make this game less fun to play.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

There are 7 Raids (with 2 being indented optional like on the Achievement) and 9 Missions, so I guess you are only half right?
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Voth Elder

Close enough for a shot in the dark. I'll take it.

Also, two optional raids? I wonder if they're going to be like Cursed Temple of Veeshan or more like Plane of War. We can only hope it's the former.
  4. Silv Augur

As I said in another thread, the people chaining "easy" HAs are the ones that don't need currency or the small exp reward for completion. They will continue to chain like nothing has happened. Now, when you look at casual groupers, PUGs, less than ideal class makeup, or limited playtime people they suffer with a 6 hour lockout. Why? Because the easier HAs allow them to catch up and/or get gear upgrades needed for *drumroll* new content (like TDS!).

Who cares that there are 30+ HAs available in COTF. All HAs were not created equal... Despite having raid geared characters, there are a ton of HAs I would never want to repeat because they take 3X as long or have ridiculous mechanics (yet they give the same reward as any other HA).
  5. Silv Augur

Get out your box of tissues now. :confused:
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Vtull Augur

While the benefits are true, it goes beyond the design intent. People are ignoring the simple fact the developers did not intend for one or two HAs to be farmed ad infinitum. While their proposed change may seem draconian, as you pointed out, there are a number of easier HAs which the population can take advantage of. Casual groups, PUGs, less than ideal makeup, or those limited playtime people will suffer only if they are incapable of learning a new HA.
  7. segap Augur

That final hail provides 1/3 of the exp/aa for the entire HA. Yes, you can still chain the HAs by not doing that final hail, but you're getting 33% less exp/aa for the effort.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

From fan boi to "all knowing" - in one thread even!!
    -R
    Lisandra and Melanippe like this.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Right! We are off the hook on that one.
    This will mostly hurt the up and coming players who won't be able to farm Marks like we did.
    It's not going to harm us - but it will harm the game as a whole.
    Just like not giving FTP accounts a way to see general chat and the greater community hurts.
    -R
    Lisandra and Garshok like this.
  10. Stumphobbler Elder

Dev 1: Omg they are having fun whaddawedo whaddawedo ?!
    Dev 2: (yelling from across the room )I'M COMMNG!

[IMG]

>>NERF!!<<
    Lisandra and Stickietoes like this.
  11. Saave Augur

D: leave things the way they were.
    E: don't buy the expansion.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Garshok Augur

If you have never farmed an HA for an item, then congratulations! Unless you change your style of play, then you will never experience one of the joys provided by this new system!

Before if someone was farming for item x, one would do the first 3/4 of the mission, spawn (or more often not) the named, and when it (yet again) failed to have the desired drop, at least one's group could say 'well, we're already here - lets kill the last 12 mobs for the booby price of 7 AA and some HA currency.

Now - after doing 3/4 or more of the work that used to get a group that extra AA - scratch that. Drop, rinse, repeat. Missing out on that 7 AA for actually completing the mission - no, not really that big a deal (but if it isn't a big deal, why is SOE so concerned?). But it does seem like a needless poke in the eye to players.

If they are going to do this, then they should at least make the named spawn 100% of the time in the mission - essentially making the NPC like the chest one gets at the end of normal missions. Like the normal group missions that already have a six hour lockout, and always spawn a chest.
    Ratbo Peep and Melanippe like this.
  13. Garshok Augur

Understand - in which case a one or two hour lockout would likely achieve the desired effect. (Frankly, if it is taking them that long to finish the mission, odds are that they aren't chaining at the rate that SOE is envisioning and need all the help they can get to catch up.)
  14. Saave Augur

Whats the fun in that hun ;)? Ya hunter and rares.. but what about alts trying to get exp ? or marks?
    That is not a resolution.. do you think?
    where did you get the info anyway? please. :^)
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Crystilla Augur

Devs posted that at least once or twice in the large thread that got locked.

If you read any of my posts in here you saw I'm against this, and especially a 6 hour lockout as this hurts the folks who really need it. The people this really hurts more is those who want marks or progression. The exp loss isn't the best but isn't the largest issue.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. MysticOne Augur

Are HA's in TDS, Mark's of Valor or some other new coin?
  17. Riou EQResource

Pieces of Eight
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

They are both huge issues.
    RoF has way too much real content to get obsoleted for no good reason - other than to "slow people down".
    The HA lockouts are insane for 100 reasons. Farming HA's (for whatever reason) hurts no one else.
    Our Dev's are cornered.
    The Dev's? They got almost no resources to make the annual expansion -and were then ordered to "make it last". The only viable option from their corner was to do silly things to "slow people down".
    They need to be able to go "upstairs" and say with conviction that "the masses won't stand for this BS any longer. We can make sure we do our part to help - by not spending money 'till the nerfs are fixed.
    -Rat
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

And let me guess?
    They only drop in HA's - 1 HA per zone - with a big lockout - right?
    Or did they hopefully reserve the "lockout fiasco" for CotF only?

-W
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Riou EQResource

TDS has the lockouts too, but they will prob be changed like cotf whatever they decide on Monday