Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Feradach Augur

People won't move over because of the treatment. They won't move over because it's a different game. EQNext != the next version of EQ.
  2. Lisandra Augur

I won't move over because of the treatment & the fact that it's an SOE game & outside of EQ none of SOE's games have ever interested me enough to play them.
    EQjunkie likes this.
  3. Brydon New Member

It seems, in the collector's edition, that the big extra you get is a heroic character, which cost about $30 to $35 anyway. I am not into starting at level 85 myself. So the up charge seems really useless and over the top, as most comments I have read agree with. Standard version for me. I would really be surprised if SOC sell many of those. After a week or two of abysmal sales of the Collector's Edition, they may sweeten it some,... or not.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Santonin New Member

I've never bought a collectors edition, because I've never seen VALUE in that hefty $89.00 price tag. I don't need yet another alt character, and whoever heard of a pink and grey boat? Even Miami Vice didn't go that far. I could open up a 10cent shop with all the useless junk in my claim window - speaking of which, when do we get to delete those 999 lampposts w/o having to claim them all one at a time first?.

To me, value is a zone-clicky (one for each character on the account), plus a 10-charge 4hr. double-xp potion, plus a PACKAGE of four 40-slot rucksacks (choice of colour), plus a choice of any one of the LoN loot cards. These are things which would get me to buy the collectors edition. But as long as SoE continues to toss out their garbage on us as if we should thank them for it, I'll continue to save my money.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

I'm trying to think of what kind of player willing to spend $90 on the expansion would need a heroic character that bad.

So you have a few people that love messing with housing that will get it for the pirate ship house, and that's probably about it. Very underwhelming.

I don't see myself bothering with buying the expansion at all for anything but my raiding account, honestly, much less the collector's edition. *shrug*
    juggalo, EQjunkie and Morgoth like this.
  6. Sanh Elder

If the collectors edition only included a clicky to the hub zone, I'd buy it.
  7. The Nothing New Member

always remember your dollars are the real vote
    juggalo, GypedRaider and Lisandra like this.
  8. Saave Augur

It would be great to have active guns on the boat, so we could do damage to the plot next to our plot!
    :^)
  9. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

Zone clicky. Add it.

Big Bag. Not collection bag. Add it.

Simply adding those 2 items will increase sales. A lot.

Otherwise, add a quest: "Please Help Me Find my Lost Marbles."

(I'll sell you 1 marble for 50 bucks.)
    Issk, juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  10. Povarmonk Elder

2 24 slot backpacks is a joke for collectors should be 1 36 and 32 or at least 2 32 slots and giving us another heroic character is nice but I think most would rather have this on a bot account not our main.
  11. GypedRaider New Member

I guess I'm not disappointed with the collector's edition because it will save me money since it's not that appealing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Vike New Member

Never understood why SoE is so cheap on make believe items. Give us something useful for buying a collector's edition expansion.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  13. Koneko Augur

the two 24 slot bags are part of the heroic character if you don't make it then you don't end up even with the bags
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. smash Augur

Afraid I cannot see how that CE can have that staggering Price of 90.

I mean, normal is 40, and thats even too much, and CE is 50 more.

And for that you get a HC + house + some weird looking mercenary skin.
    A HC cost around 20 normally i think, I dont know the correct Price. Leaving 30 for a house + some weird looking mercenary skin.
    Mercenary skins, you get in abundance from LON.

IMO, the CE is not worth more than 70,= 40 for normal + 20 for HC and 10 for the boat/house.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Edrick Augur

Indeed. There seems to be this idea that SOE higher ups have that everyone has to play *some* MMORPG, so if EQ is no longer appealing, they will move onto another MMORPG. That isn't the case for everybody. I play EQ because it is EQ.

If EQ is no longer appealing, I'll just stop playing MMORPGs and play other games. I won't automatically move over to EQN.
    Imrahil, Aanuvane, juggalo and 2 others like this.
  16. Stumphobbler Elder

I agree, a Zone clicky would have been nice in the collectors edition.

I can buy the standard edish ($39.99) and then buy a heroic flag for my account ($35.00) and get all the items except the house and the merc skin for $75.

Though to be honest, the Heroic character is nice, but to offer it in a Collectors Edition when people can already purchase it from the SC market place, really doesn't sound like much of a "Collectors Edition". It sounds more like "Lack of Creativity"

Standard edition: Darkened Sea expansion (and free stuff I don't ever need to /claim) $40
    Collectors edition:Darkened Sea expansion + Heroic toon (and free stuff I don't ever need to /claim) $90
    Issk, juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  17. Tobin Augur

$39.99 vs. $89.99 or what do you get for the extra $50.00.... Lets see you get a $35.00 Heroic Character and that leaves $15.00 for a boat house and a Merc contract.

I'm sorry - I'll just use the two $10 GameStop cards I just got for 3000 SC and my October free 500 SC for the Heroic Character and pass on the $15 Boat House and Merc.

Final line - the Collector Edition is NOT worth the money. Now if it was $64.99 like past pre-order Collector Editions then I would have gone for it. SoE's loss :(
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

For a lot of us HC are a waste. We already have our main; it might be an excuse for someone to buy the CE for a secondary account to level up a box support character, but nothing worthwhile for the main account. The boat is another thing that has limited use. Bags however are useful for everyone. The only way they might not be worth it for someone is if that person has already been spending tons of money buying bags. Most of us haven't however. There are no where near as many big bags from achievements as you are making it out to be. This will be the first CE that I don't get, and it's specifically because it doesn't have a bag.

HCs are what I find to be overdone these days and is in no way worth paying the extra money for the CE.
    To be fair that has nothing to do with the expansion, the 2 24 slot bags are what comes with your standard HC.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. smash Augur

I was underestimating Price for a HC, was thinking it was 20 dollars, now I can see from others, its 35.

So 15 dollars for the boat + merc skin.

But if I am smart, I wait for double Price, so there I can get the HC for 17,5 instead of 35, and I then get even more discount by the
    10%, so I am Down at 15,75.

So basically they really should put the CE at 55 dollars instead of 90, and let people by the HC outside this deal.

I have no use of a HC, so I will end up with a HC, that I can use to nothing, if I buy CE.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Collector's Edition shortcomings would have been addressed by surveys.

I can see where they thought a Heroic Character would be a nice add-on. They should do more market research. What happened to log-on surveys (polls before Server Select) or forum surveys (i.e. Wood Elf Beastlord event)? I would hazard to use surveys in other realms but expansion goodies/items are of minimal consequence.
    Fenudir and Lisandra like this.