10 Task Rewards on October 28, 2014

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Cicelee Augur

In the past, EQ players have banked ten task rewards and used them on the day of an expansion in order to get a jump start on the five new levels. I have never done this, because I was always needing AA and felt the task rewards could be used for current AA instead of future expansion XP.

I have also heard/read conflicting reports about the two previous expansions where the ten banked/unclaimed task rewards were erased on new expansion day. Some say they were still able to use their unclaimed task rewards, others say they were gone when they logged in. I don't know who to believe.

Fast forward to today. For the first time in 14 EQ years I am fully max XP, AA and banked 100 AA. My question therefore is-

Is there any EQ developer confirmation of whether or not the ten unclaimed banked task rewards that players could have will be there on TDS expansion day...or will they be erased? I personally don't care either way- I cannot play EQ until November 5 so I will miss the first week hoopla. I also have never been one to want to race and rush to lvl 105 (or whatever max level was back in the day). I know eventually I will get there.

But I would not want to take the time in game to get ten task rewards, only to have them erased. My time, like everyone else's, is valuable and I prefer not to waste it on something I cannot use.

Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.
    guado likes this.
  2. Maeryn Augur

The nerfs to pending rewards were changes to the rewards. Old Man Monster Missions had XP removed so if you claimed those you wouldn't get XP. That wasn't specific to an expansion released, they simply removed XP from the missions. Other expansion rewards were changed so you get XP for being near chest when it opened and could only claim non-XP rewards and again a change to how you are rewarded each time you do the mission, not specific to an expansion release.

Other than that the 5 or 10 pending rewards have been available to be claimed as soon as the servers came up for every expansion since pending rewards existed with no surprises even for people who didn't read patch notes.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Mintalie Augur

The simple answer is that yes, your 10 stored rewards will be available for launch day to claim. :)
    Axxius and Uxtalzon like this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

and don't forget about the 29 quests that can be at the last step in the quest to bank them.

Good Luck
    Lisandra and Ravengloome like this.
  5. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Any suggestions on which ones to go for?
  6. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Which quests are good for banking the 29 quests?
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Junior00 Elder

If you haven't done them - Partisans for zones in ROF/COTF are great, stomach's quest in evantil. For the 10 rewards banked I believe that most of the mission rewards in COTF are 5%? I have 9 Defense of Lend's saved and Partisan for Grelleth's Palace (I'm a slacker on this toon). For the other 29 I have all the ROF zones completed (minus grelleth since the last partisan was a group mission which has a timer) at the last task for hail, as well as Argin Hiz last partisan, TOR last partisan, a stomach quest from Evantil. I would request dailies 18 hours prior to server up estimation, if not even more before that just so the refresh timer will be up.

I believe VOA zones had decent partisan rewards as well, but I am not 100% on that since I came back for ROF and never really did VOA outside of the raids.

I don't have 29 quests saved, but I have quite a bit and after killing 1 mob I will turn it all in. I am by no means a pro at this so someone else might have better suggestions, mine is also contingent upon you not doing progression for the last 2 expansions.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

you can also do all of your collections, but dont click the last collection item so it wont take a spot in your rewards. If you've been lazy about collections you could get a couple hundred aa
    Suana likes this.
  9. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Well, let me be the first to say, grats!!! That's an awesome accomplishment, from my perspective. Being a casual player, that's a mountaintop that keeps getting further away.

Last time I could say that, max level was 60, and there was no such thing as AAs :)

Tat
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  10. Marshall Maathers Augur

Shards Landing has 4 that I know of that can be repeated:

Unusual Goral Coral
    Exploring Shards Landing
    Coveted Rubbish
    Unspoken Verse

And then The stomachs quest in Evantil.

I think you can repeat the 3rd partisan in Argin Hiz, at least some peope did in order to help me with the instanced portion.

Not sure exactly what else.
  11. Kekenewah Journeyman

How do you do this banking? I don't understand the mechanics of how it is done. Usually when I end a quest the reward is automatically granted when you complete the last kill/step/hail.
  12. Rorce Augur

Don't complete that last hail. This will work for quests without a time limit.

As for mission / achievement banking, just don't claim the reward in the reward popup window. You can have up to 10 rewards waiting to be claimed.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

^^^^ This kid knows whats up, thats where all the magic happens.
  14. iniari-TR Augur

don't forget you can also collect a bunch of the "stored xp rune" thingys"
  15. Cicelee Augur

Thanks all for the information!

I have like 23 of the "stored xp rune" things, and have 9 rewards not yet claimed. Not all of them are the best of the best- I have a couple Lend ones, some 3% xp ones, and some 4-6 AA ones. Also have one collectible shiny that I can claim for 10 AA as well.

I might do a couple of the partisans listed above, hailing at the end. But if I don't, /shrug. I don't see the big deal with hitting lvl 105 on November 8 compared to November 23 like some do :)

Do what you can, and enjoy the journey- it is not a race to 105. Besides I find it infinitely boring to just stand in one place and mindlessly pull mobs, or to redo DH Gribble whatever ad nauseum for hours on end. Yuck!
  16. iniari-TR Augur

heh not a race ?
    I believe it was at the release of Depth of Darkhollow. , iirc, there were a group of players that pulled mobs in one zone for 24 hrs straight in order to be the first in game to ding the new max level. :eek:
  17. Cicelee Augur

Let me clarify-

It is not a race for me. I will get to 105 when I get to 105. It could be as early as November 10, it could be December 15. But once you hit 105....then you are stuck for the next 10+ months. So IMHO we all will get there, so might as well enjoy the journey there and not the race.

Of course there are those who race and want to get 105 in six hours. Yay for them. Of course it doesn't matter on January 20 when ALL of us, including our alts, are 105 :p
    Fenudir likes this.
  18. Stickietoes Augur

Those dates mean something, or you're just using them for an example?.
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

Also go threw your bank and bags for space if your claiming a lot of rewards at one time make sure you have room.
    I would recommend storing any quest that has a hail at the last unless it needs to be done for you to continue. Your get a message if you over your 10 task rewards that you should claim them before zoning.
    In the past I stored daily's as the 10 rewards I plan to see what pre-quests I can get started.
    I might go to old Partisan tasks VOA,ROF,COTF.
    can store Kill tasks also - just don't kill certain mobs that you plan to start leveling on Oct 29.
    ROF- Master Hunter Jilare has 9 kills task - leave 2 mobs left on each task and your have 9 banked

Any quest can be stored if you have the quest and its unlimited time the issue is can you wait to start back on the quest after the go live date?

since most are lvl 100 I assume most will try to store lvl 100 quests but I don't know COTF that well to suggest any of them.
  20. Eaiana Augur

In years past, the devs have wiped out all of the corpses in the world before an expansion goes live to prevent people from corpse banking XP right before the patch, so its probably not a good idea to try that trick.
    Fenudir and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.