Features you wish were in game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dabrixmgp, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the 'Solo' designation on tasks. It's never been intended to mean that they're soloable. It's always meant that they're individual tasks, as opposed to 'Group' or 'Shared' tasks. Fortunately, they've gotten a bit better about having everyone in the group's stuff update when one person updates, so we don't have to loot 30 of item x, or kill 20 of mob y.
  2. savrin Augur

This is a group game. That is what folks don't get. Solo task= its not a group task and only one person is needed to get the task. It's still a group game though so need make friends and bring them to get stuff done.

Too many years of easy mode makes people think its a solo/molo game. Then they go back to normal stuff that needs a group and people are all wtf I should be able to solo this.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Feature I'd like to see?

Leather helm graphics that don't suck.
  4. Kamea Augur

Some past expansions had areas where pretty much any class could solo/molo tasks. This is a good idea since it allows people to have something to do if they, well, want to solo. This by no means implies the group focus on progression should be done away with.

I think you misinterpreted peoples' objections with the non-soloable solo tasks. "The problem" is that solo tasks that are clearly meant for groups add needless complications, not to count many of these tasks are designed terribly for group play. It needs to be far easier for people at different points of progression to help each other progress.
  5. segap Augur

This sums up my thoughts. For progression, get rid of "solo" tasks and make them all group oriented for each step. The current model makes grouping a pain. It needs to be easy for people to jump in at any stage of progression to join groups that are not all at the same place and make progress. I'm not asking for easy mode. I'm asking for recognition that server populations (especially for off peak players) can make it difficult to find people wanting to do the same thing you need to do when you need to do it. But if you can find 3-4 people that have not completed task E, everyone benefits if they can all do it and get credit for it. This includes letting people do tasks in zone C even if they have not completed tasks in zone A. Increase the bucket of potential group mates rather than restrict them behind quest walls.

If you want loot 10 item type "solo" quests for exp boosts, fine. But take them out of the progression arc/requirements. Have them exist for an alternate grind path.
  6. drew0987654 Augur

20 official progression guilds. 1 for each expansion. as soon as you hit all of the raid targets in the first guild for classic eq you'd automatically be moved to the ruins of kunark guild, etc. obviously you could always leave the guild and join w/e you want, but too few ppl actually read these forums to know about our progression guilds. I doubt too many ppl want to join this game today so they can jump right into the 20th expansion. most probably want to see what was so special but just start eq and then leave b/c there's no one to play with at lvl 1. maybe there would be if these guilds existed.
  7. psychowizzy New Member

A long while back The devs said Port spells will be changing..what happen with that ..I would love to see our port spells to be AE
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Saave Augur

Make Krono No Trade .
  9. Fendy Augur

That would make them totally pointless. I can use my credit card to pay my monthly dues of $14.99 or, oh look! I can use my credit card to pay my monthly dues for an extra $3 dollars and all I have to do is buy a shiny krono and then essentially give it back!
    Stickietoes and Lisandra like this.
  10. Saave Augur

Because, Krono now is the 'gold farmer' item.
    Players us Krono as a trade for cross server transfer of rare items..
    It is set up this way.
    Player can buy with 3500 Station Cash, a Server Transfer Token.. Transfer to your server to sell that rare to another player.. for Krono. I have spoken to such players. Sell the Krono to 3rd party sites for $ via Pay Pal. Therefore price of Krono rises for us seeking one in General Chat.
    This has become a lazy mans way of making part time cash.. YES it is happening. ( I do not know what sites ).
    Sony is happy, they got $35.00 of Station Cash bought for this transfer. Both players are happy.
    Server players are not happy at the price of Krono rising.
    Have Krono a one time trade? maybe.
    THAT is the problem.

Lets not get into the auto play programs some of these players are using to find the rare items in the first place.
    Krono, is part of the problem.
  11. Edrick Augur

Kronos aren't changing, trust me. That makes boatloads of cash for SOE.
    Lisandra and Saave like this.
  12. Xanadas Augur

The ability to turn off all content related to XYZ expansion(s).
  13. quis New Member

1. better way to toggle Tribute benefits (other than relying on my memory)
    2. better way to manage power source (other than relying on my memory)

what were we talking about again ?
  14. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

I think that's coming in a patch very soon (they announced it). One feature I'd like to see, and surprised nobody mentioned it, is to list tribute values when you right-click items. Yes, a few well known items are known by everyone (PoP bows, etc), but there are thousands of items in game, and it would be nice to know what's worth picking up in the Bazaar for tribute.

Tat
  15. Kamea Augur

I have an idea. Have an option to automatically turn these off after 12 hours, so the next time you play after raiding, they won't be running until you turn them on.
  16. guado Augur

A spell for level 105 for Druids and Wizards:
    New Gate.
    A brand new spell, newly coded, guaranteed no-fail gate.

My primary anchor item never collapses... so this is possible.

If it's *really that impossible*

Make a self gate that "rains" 3 gates on the caster, as in, cast gate 3x. Upon zoning, it will obviously stop casting the extra rains.
  17. Brohg Augur

A better way, like maybe a UI mod that leaves buttons :
    [IMG]

Right next to the timers in your Player window? :
    [IMG]

:eek:
    Saave likes this.
  18. Raluden Elder

In no particular order

- A link from the GL to the Bazaar. We've only asked for this for about... 10 years?
    - GL Magus to Abysmal Sea and back
    - Just make spells scale, don't make us rebuy them every 5 bleeping levels. WoW does that and it's perfect
    - Take the jerky bob out of melees. It causes me nasty headaches and vision problems. I can't tank for more than an hour.
    - Make mobs that have no possible chance of killing you not agro. Tired of dealing with trash mobs in low zones.
    - Make the spellbook searchable
    - Make old epic mobs and raid mobs respawn in 2 hours rather than a week
    - Fix the Z axis and let us levitate or fly in and out of water.
    - Remodel the Bazaar. It's ludicrous. And do something to keep inconsiderate dirtbags from plopping their ogre mule right on top of your wood elf, effectively killing the ability of people to buy from you easily.
    - Let the corpse summoners perform a 96% rez for a fee. Not everyone has a pocket cleric.
    - Let merc wizards port your party back to PoK for a fee.
    - Put a solvent merchant in the guild lobby. It's ridiculous there isn't one.
    - Allow us to block voice commands without having to shut off sounds. Those "heal me" voices are annoying.
    - Improve the filtering. Right now I cannot make a window where ONLY my spells go. Invariably, spells from other people go in there.

- Let guild leaders make templates for groups. For instance, as a shaman, I group with the same people on every raid. Let my GL hit one button and a group is assembled featuring me and my five mana sponges, er, DPSers.
    - Let guild leaders boot people from a DZ to the guild hall or PoK. Right now, they can't.
    - Allow group leaders to put an assignment on a group that is visible in the UI. For example, in the AH raid, if my leader wants my group on High Keeper Arieal, let that pop up somewhere, or in a window.
    - Consider purchasing and incorporating GINA into the game. It's mandatory for raiding guilds.
    Dre. likes this.
  19. segap Augur

How about changing encounters to not require GINA? Make changes to remove log entries of triggers so that GINA would not give an advantage. Then try to reduce the complexity to a point where you can pay attention to the game and your screen rather than reacting to a parser squawking at you.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  20. Edrick Augur

When swapping between bandolier sets, the items that are changed go back to their original spot in your inventory instead of the first available spot.
    Truklin likes this.