Race for Cleric

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Thawg, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Thawg Elder

Hello all.

I will be rolling a Cleric to play with a group of returning players. Is race choice really a non issue these days or is there a definite benefit to certain races? It has been some time since I have played so I'm not sure how stats or racial perks have changed.

Thank you for any information and or insight.
  2. Tour Augur

Pick whatever one you want. Differences are nonexistent to infinitesimally small.
  3. Iila Augur

The stats and factions of races is mostly irrelevant now days. The only real benefit to certain races are their racial innate abilities, like hide/forage/sneak/breath weapon. But even those don't make a huge difference. Pick whatever race you like best and don't feel like you made a major mistake by missing out on anything awesome, cause you're not.

(The two noteworthy racials for cleric races are sneak from halflings and breath weapons from drakkin.)
  4. Mithrandyr Augur

5. fransisco Augur

is breath weapon really a worthwhile racial? I thought it never got upgraded past 75
  6. Iila Augur

It didn't, so it's not. But it is something drakkin get that others don't.

If you get breath weapon then race change away drakkin, you will get to keep it as your new race. So if you really want a crappy dot that's mostly good for aggroing things through walls and floors, you can use a couple race change potions to use it as any race.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

The correct answer is halfling, anything else? inferior
    dalead likes this.
  8. Crystilla Augur

If you don't want to have to shrink, gnome.
    Shrinking once = halfling or dwarf
    Shrinking more = any other race
  9. Mykaylla Augur

Click your gore-splattered shoulders, silly paladin.
  10. Iila Augur

Btw, If you're not an elf, you're wrong.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  11. Rogue Augur

Pick halfling, we have exp bonus!
  12. dalead Elder

I 2nd that motion.

No seriously, pick any race you want, it doesn't matter at all.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Ill laugh my way to the finish line every expac release wit dat 5% xp bonus omg!
  14. Flandersian Augur

Erudite in plate > Dark Elf in plate >>>>>> everybody else
  15. silku Augur

Dark elf female is the only logical answer.
    Zentara and Iila like this.