Names in Heroic adventures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hatestorm, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Riou EQResource

Death Peace + all 3 Captain Russell ones
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Finished Dead Hills hunter last night. Took me 3 days straight of chaining task untill they poped... I was finishing the task at first but if nameds is what you are after and dont need currency then no point at finishing the task.
  3. Riou EQResource

To add more to named chance datas: Did all 9 dead hills 1 time each, 3 named spawned. Did all 8 Bixie Warfront, 1 time each, 3 named spawned.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I've done Dead Hills about 10 times and I think am at 50%+ on name spawn with a couple of double and one triple spawn. Good luck I guess.
  5. Edrick Augur

The first rule of Dzarn Club is you don't talk about Dzarn club.
    Synisca and Bauer like this.
  6. The Drood Elder

Done all HA missions in Dead Hills and Bixies and not once have I had any name pop in 60 missions so far this is nuts.
  7. MrFlik Journeyman

FTW I saw my first named today, but would like to say as info, it spawned in an area I had already killed a few mobs at and some time afterwards at that. Same with the collects, they seem to spawn some time afterwards too.
    Now I've been doing them solo, so it takes me 3 to 4 hours to finish one mission at a slow pace and a few deaths, and it has been very near to the end of mission, last hail, that the named spawned, and collects appeared. If I hadn't been running back after a death, I wouldn't have known.
  8. Hamshire Augur

Has anyone seen a named pop in the mission Jacyll's Jailbreak yet? Ive run it 5+ times now and nada.
  9. Famka Elder

Yes, Princess Honeywing spawned for us in that mission.
  10. Kallur New Member

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but this seems to be the most recent/on topic. I've done at least 30 Neriak 4th Gate HAs and have never had a named spawn. 100 warrior +100 mage and 2 healer mercs. Does group composition come into play or is it really the 30% to 70% chance for named to spawn that I've seen mentioned?
  11. Brohg Augur

Just bad luck mate
  12. Uuvin Augur

it is bad luck. I have had 15 in a row without a name. then 3 in a row with a name. longest streak without is that 15. I was ready to quit EQ over it. that lasted all of 17 minutes - damn addictions.
  13. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I heard they retuned these so that those such as short Gribble missions have less of a chance to spawn named, and longer missions have more of a chance.
  14. Rathgar Journeyman

If you want the named mobs, don't bother going past the step it or the placeholder spawns. Drop task, redo. Got our wizard his splinter of potency off diabolist this way.
  15. segap Augur

Seems the opposite. I get a named doing gribbles about every 3/5. The EK one with the evo aug seems to be about 1/3 (and never has the aug!) Some others, I've never seen a named. The sample size is much different, but I can definitely say that Gribble has a high spawn rate from my experience.
  16. Kallur New Member

thanks everyone
  17. Marshall Maathers Augur

When Sony made the change to give more currency for longer missions, Gribble missions received an increase in currency. They seem to think these are long missions.
  18. Cury Elder

I did all missions in Karana, DH, Bixie, and Neriak over the last two weeks.
    I had two names in all those missions. One from Bixie, and one from DH.

I would say if it's randomized, my dice were cursed almost 100% of the time.