headshotting

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by chrisapete, Sep 14, 2014.

1. chrisapete New Member

can you guys please increase the Headshotting rate for Solo and group it really sucks rate right now!!!!!!!!
  2. Mithrandyr Augur

The rate was intended due to the huge amount of damage done.
  3. chrisapete New Member

We'll. new hot zone takes 3 HS to kill one mob so the rate should increase
  4. Fendy Augur

When did they change the hot zones?
  5. chrisapete New Member

To valley in VoA is a hot zone and my ranger isn't proving a lot of HS
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

If it takes 3 "Fatal bow shots" to kill one mob; Do you think the problem is with the HS proc rate - or the actual damage it does?

-R
  7. chrisapete New Member

HS proc rate
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think they tuned the proc rate around raid geared rangers. I can't remember. I think I get about 2 a minutes or something like that when I tested it with my gear set.
  9. chrisapete New Member

I have a raid bow from VoA when my ranger hits 100 he has three raid weapons for 100 two of from colf one handed weapons and a t3 RoF bow. I remmeber my ranger was procing like crazy when feerrott was a hotzone. They either make it a one shot kill cuz that's what heads hitting is or get us to proc more.
  10. Brogett Augur

It makes no difference whether you are raid or group geared for the damage amount. For the proc rate I think I recall someone saying it's around 50% more procs on the best raid geared characters vs the average grouper. It's significant, but still fairly sucky rate.

IMO they overdid the level thing. It means headshot, assassinate, and most importantly of all decapitate (which has no body type restrictions) work in quite a lot of mainstream XP locations. That in turn causes others to cry nerf etc.

As a rogue personally I'd prefer something inbetween. Eg level cap current-5 and a bit more of a proc rate (but not the insane rate it once was, I can understand that was plain broken).
  11. Romance Augur

They cut down 'swarming' or 'mass killing' across the board to help with the server load that goes with large groups of mobs calculating pathing etc, headshot was included in the change. Elidroth posted some graphs showing server load during times when people were mass killing, it was pretty significant.

For general grouping and raiding purposes, it's better now than it was before. For the purpose of power leveling it's likely worse, but I imagine it's functioning as intended atm.
  12. Shang Augur

Perhaps they should have tuned the proc rate around a group geared ranger. Seems rather unfortunate that they're getting less then the spec'd proc rate.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  13. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

I would have rather they just removed Headshot and did not base rangers power off of it, I hardly ever use a bow and hate being balanced off of something that may fire in 4 or 5 minutes (blues usually dead x 10 by then rofl) with two archery spellls i use.
    Tarvas likes this.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'd rather it be left as is.
    It pocs in melee on some archery spells, and at range. Nice perk and makes the class a bit more interesting. :)
    -R
  15. Shang Augur

The headshot changes haven't been around for an expansion cycle yet. I may agree with you after The Darkened Sea launches.
  16. dalead Elder

3 HS procs to kill 1 mob in Valley.

1HS proc takes a soldier down below 20% usually. Not sure why you are requiring 3.
  17. shiftie Augur

I don't know how there can be a complaint that it takes 3 hits to kill an xp mob, esp while the mob is rooted. Must be nice.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You are probably confused about how headshot works these days. It isn't 3 hits to kill a mob. It is however long it takes to get 3 procs to kill the mobs they are talking about. Depending on bow speed and gear they are probably hitting the mob 60-120 times to get that and of course there is the humanoid restriction.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Nothing is interesting about having headshot in the equation that balances us verse other classes in my opinion.
  20. Shang Augur

I can't tell what we're being balanced around :(