Merc Tank Agro

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brosa, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

Are Devs already messing with agro? Recently while playing my beast I have notice tank mercs not performing their roll as intended. Over the past several days both of my tank mercs refuse to maintain agro, or even get agro, on anything other then what the MA has targeted. I have used every possible group assignment possible switching MA and Puller to others in group and even from aggressive to assist on merc stance. If there are adds the MA has to target the add in order for the merc tank to take action on it. In a few instances the merc wouldn't engage the mob until a PC was top on the agro list over the pets. Any one else seeing this issue?
    Leerah likes this.
  2. Rathgar Journeyman

Did you make the merc MT? When he is MT he should try to be top of hate list for all mobs. Usually you don't make merc MT when you want to root mobs.
  3. Sipho New Member

If you equip a shield on your tank merc their agro is horrible. Been a bug since CoTF released and has never been fixed. Unreleated I know but still drives me nuts.
  4. Brosa Augur

Yes I used every imaginable combination of designations in the group from who was Mt MA and even set people to puller to see if that would snap the mercs out of the funk.

Yes shield is equipped but this is a recent change in the tank mercs AI it seams. Its not as if they cant get agro, its they need to be told to go get that mob by the designated MA.

Simple explanation. Merc tank set to MT. Beastlord or Mage set to MA. Beast Lord pulls 3 mobs. Merc tank will only agro the MA target and the other 2 agro the puller (who btw was not set to puller). Beast Lord fd and mobs run to the healer merc and beat on it. Wizard nukes adds on healer merc. Adds beat on wizard. Tank merc never attempts to engage adds UNLESS MA targets them.

I also used multiple tank mercs to see if it was just a one merc bug. Same result.
  5. lancelove Augur

is your mage using an earth pet? There is this thing about root...
  6. Brosa Augur

They say they were not. actually I don't think they ever use earth pet
  7. Benzarden Augur

Merc tank aggro has always been terrible. My merc tank and I are always in constant battle for aggro. I usually have to wait until 85%-80% before I start casting if I want any shot of not stealing aggro. But hey, what do I know? Aggro clearly isn't a real thing.
  8. Viltaire Augur

Merc agro is indeed terrible. Hopefully when they look into agro and make whatever adjustments they make they will boost merc agro a bit so you don't have to wait as long before nuking. None of the mercs are great, but at the top levels I'd say the tank merc is by far the worst of the three.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Brosa Augur

So no one else is seeing a recent change in tank merc AI where they actually take little to no action on mobs that the MA does not have targeted? Guess I will blow up the tank mercs my Beast Lord has and get new ones to see if its just me
  10. Viltaire Augur

I haven't played my baby shaman lately to notice. I've been playing my guitar instead, sorry.
  11. silku Augur

I played today with my merc tank in a group of chanter, wiz, wiz, wiz merc, tank merc, cleric merc. Worked like I always expect him to. Did a few DH's with no odd behavior, but I always lock down adds.
  12. Leerah Augur

It's seemed worse ever since Labor Day weekend.