Itemization, What Drops?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maeryn, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Randragon Augur

I guess the devs are figuring that by the time the next expansion comes around then you may want to get only two items for those classes that its not gonna be in the chest for. But that means perfect raid attendance.

Wow, stupidity reigns supreme or lack of attention to detail or something. Why even have them in the game and itemized. Might as well just said screw those classes.
  2. Iila Augur

Because 70% of players wants one template, and the demand for the remaining templates is not symmetrical. So when all 11 are in the chest loot, guilds get stuck with tons of drops that no one wants. The 4 highest valued ones are in the chest, meaning fewer useless/rot drops.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Randragon Augur

How can you even say that then lila?

That is so one sided its ridiculous.

Well then give those classes who are not getting a template for them in the chests extra coinage so they can buy their gear at the rate that it would normally drop and either be handed to them or bid on.

But the useless rot/drops are not even in the chest. I mean there isn't even a chance it will drop there by their words at SOE LIve. How the hell I staht even fair and earning the same damn currency.

Totally biased way of thinking. No Cool Sony ....Not cool at all.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

While I can see the reason behind wanting the more popular templates to be more plentiful, and the tank templates seem to BE the most popular choice for a great many classes, wouldn't it make more sense to condense some of the templates, rather than just make them not drop? Zerker and Rogue could be combined into one. There's a thread on the forums here somewhere where someone went to the trouble of laying it out. It would be worth reading. Condensing them would allow for a smaller loot table, and let EVERYONE have the chance for their stuff to drop.
    Perplexed and Iila like this.
  5. Iila Augur

I don't?

I absolutely hate the clr/dru template now that it's split from the wiz/mag template. I'm still wearing T4 RoF gear for the higher spell damage. The only non-vis I've gone in on in a long time is the PoWar earing that combined SD and HA again.

All the rest of my non-vis have been bought with currency.
    guado likes this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I don't mean have fewer drops in the chest. I mean have fewer POSSIBLE drops in the chest. IE, a chest will still drop the same number of drops, but the loot table will be smaller, increasing the chance of any particular drop to drop. Instead of a 10% chance for each of 10 drops to drop, it would become a 20% chance for each of 5 drops. Without changing the number of items in the chest.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

This thread has an excellent breakdown for merging templates to cut down on the total number of templates. The post by Mykaylla. It's the fourth one down, and is insanely long but absolutely worth the read.
  8. Silv Augur

Enchanter template was one of the best because of high hAgi and good HP/Mana balance. It didn't make it into the chest though! Once again, logic WRU? :eek:

Clearly you should get more currency if your class template doesn't drop from the chest (half joking). I hope this isn't the new trend for loot in the new expansion.
  9. Maeryn Augur

Except that any non-vis item that does drop has about the same chance to drop as a non-vis item in T1.

Thex2: 1-2 drops out of 12 - 10 Belts, Melee Proc Ring, Prog Charm
    Tower of Rot: 1-2 drops out of 12 - 5 Rings, 5 Masks, Click Shield, Prog Charm

The only change is since there are only 3 T2 prog raids there are 51 non-vis items with 0% chance to drop.

Chandrok apparently feels that the Sense Heading forum is a poor way to inform the player base of this drastic change in itemization and instead determined that an offhand comment to a Druid at SOE Live was the optimal way to inform the player base and sure enough that method also works.

Did Chandrok make an offhand comment to anyone at SOE Live about the soft cap for focus effects on T2 CotF gear once TDS is live?
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

*sigh* I thought I made it clear that I wasn't commenting on THIS setup. Yes, I know there are a great many that aren't dropping at all. I haven't counted them personally, so I'll take your 51 as close enough. I meant in the future. Which would give each raid more of a "1-2 drops out of 7 - 5 masks, 2 rares" or whatever is on the table. At least we'd have equal chances of our drops showing up. And if each of the 5 masks was actually a USEFUL mask, rather than rot-in-waiting, it would also lower the number of items that were pretty much rot from the start.

I have no idea why he didn't make a post about this SOMEWHERE. Cutting the loot table in half by just making half the items not drop and not informing us that he did it was kinda.... low. Not the word I wanted, but close enough and less likely to get my post removed. I'm absolutely cool with Mykaylla's idea being used for the next expansion, and the number of templates cut in half to 5 useful items, rather than 10 items, several of which no one wants, and one of which 60% of the guild is after. But just outright not making them drop is NOT the way to go.
  11. Kiillz Augur

this was just yet ANOTHER brilliant idea from Sony wtf force people to have to raid what? A little over a month or so just to buy ONE upgrade? Well played indeed, man thats ingenious way of keeping players on board for the game as you introduce a new expansion.
  12. Riou EQResource

Just over 3 weeks if your guild clears all t2 currency dropping events (about 3 items more until next expansion? But that's if your guild gives up on cotf t2)
  13. Kiillz Augur

that would be correct and again for just ONE item.
  14. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We clear all the T2 raids, but haven't beaten plane of war raid yet. So we're only getting 30 a week. That's a bit over 5 weeks to get a single item. Which sucks for those of us using templates that don't drop. I'm not too freaked out about it for the T2 gear, personally. It sucks, but for me it's not too bad. I'm not going to spend my dkp on that small of an upgrade. For those that will, it sucks. If this is the new model for loot in the next expansion, there's probably going to be a palace revolt.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

they need to use that 5 drops as turnins for raid coin for the other drops?
  16. Randragon Augur

I was banned for a week.

But let me just say this about the itemization method they are using for CoTF Tier 2.

I for one am not in agreement on the following items:

1: The lack of communication of said loot distribution. Being that there wasn't any in sections of the Boards like Sense Heading etc. We found out by a Dev mentioning to a player at SoE Live 2014. After weeks of waiting for non-visibles to drop that weren't even going to drop.....Total lack of respect in this department to us, the player.

2: The total marginalization of several classes who in fact use the best recommended gear for their class 9 times out of 10. Not what everybody thinks what gear is the best for them.

3: Total lack of input from the community on this situation and any questions or concerns we may have had with such a critical change to said classes.

4: Now we have to fight other classes to get some items or wait several months to get two items of Tier 2 Gear. If this is the method they are running with then lower the pricing for the gear on the Tier 2 raids for the classes that got left out of the chest drops.

Also, they should have waited till the beginning of TDS, not the final portion of CoTF leading into an expansion.
  17. noclue Elder

I kinda like the idea of raid vendor/currency. I wouldn't mind if they upped the currency rate so guild DKP would become obsolete, heresy I know. Imagine, no more guild loot/DKP drama.....maybe.
  18. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

Thanks to the nicely planned itemization done with so many top level raids, in my guild if the rogue dagger ever drops it's going to rot, because all the rogues already bought ours from vendor.
  19. Edrick Augur

That is just the RNG, it has nothing to do with which item templates are dropping.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  20. Iila Augur

The fact that a large number of templates were rotting/going to alts so often should have been a pretty clear indication that there were too many small niche templates being made and that templates should be consolidated into a smaller number that can all be dropped.

Stats are not equally valuable, there's no reason every template has to have the same heroic total. There's also no reason for Int and Wis to be different amounts on the same template, no class gains benefits from both. It just further restricts templates.

If I was making items, I would love to consolidate non-vis templates to 5 or 6 and purge the non-type 3 group items. Going from 12*3*8 = ~288 non-vis items per a full tier to 6(or 5)*2*8 = ~80 to 96 per a full tier would make item naming and placement a lot easier. With only benefits to players, too.